• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozaysmith?

He/Him
I.ned on making this a singular upgrade but ig almost everyone or everyone in slime can get this

1. Rimuru Creates Real life mangas that is readable by everyone in the series for example he created a spin off manga of the series for Veldora to read, Veldora was also reading how not to summon a demon lord manga and many more practically all the mangas veldora read were infact real
i guess he read dragon ball manga, that's why he was able to recreate a kamehameha

2. the kids were practically arguing on who will be on the new cover of slime manga (this wasn't for show it was legit canon)

3. Gobta and rimuru chilling with their voice actors

4. Rimuru seeing hinata flower description
5. Yuuki Reading canon tensura manga

To break it short most if not all characters should have "Breaking the fourth wall" in slime
Even tho it doesn't help in a fight, its still nice to see it on their profiles
wording (the tensura world is filled with mangas that are beyond their own, they can chat with their VA)

Edit: because it wasn't shown in the Light novel means nothing, its still canon.
And no we aren't going to create a separate profile from anime, that makes 0 sense

Last edited:
Reading manga of another series isn't breaking the fourth wall as it could just mean they existed in Rimuru's world before he reincarnated but the spin-off one may work IMO. Rest is obvious to me.
Pretty sure this akame ga kill character got hers Like this

Reading manga of another series isn't breaking the fourth wall as it could just mean they existed in Rimuru's world before he reincarnated but the spin-off one may work IMO. Rest is obvious to me.
This makes sense to me.

Do the manga panels in OP align with the canon of the light novels or web novels? If so, please include the versions from both LN and WN and compare them to the manga version.

While it appears promising to me, it may not be applicable in battle scenarios.

In response to @BestMGQScalerEver's opinion, I believe these manga panels originate from the original world within the story, not from real life (original world represents “real life” in slime Verse). In my perspective, I find it difficult to dismiss the suggested ability based solely on this reasoning, especially when other pieces of evidence are available.

Do the manga panels in OP align with the canon of the light novels or web novels? If so, please include the versions from both LN and WN and compare them to the manga version..
In the Cosmology page we align and say "Manga and anime is derived from the Light novel" so we shouldn't use it to argue for WN
The light novel is whole-ly canon
While it appears promising to me, it may not be applicable in battle scenarios.
In the first place 4th wall awareness was never battle applicable .
In response to @BestMGQScalerEver's opinion, I believe these manga panels originate from the original world within the story, not from real life (original world represents “real life” in slime Verse). In my perspective, I find it difficult to dismiss the suggested ability based solely on this reasoning, especially when other pieces of evidence are available.
They all agreed Reading their own manga of tensura counts but not for others which i accepted.

Thanks for input.

In the Cosmology page we align and say "Manga and anime is derived from the Light novel" so we shouldn't use it to argue for WN
The light novel is whole-ly canon
This was not my question. I said, present LN version for those statements.
In the first place 4th wall awareness was never battle applicable .
Sometimes it is. No one said it is by default not battle applicable, otherwise its existence is questioned in fandom.

Sometimes it is. No one said it is by default not battle applicable, otherwise its existence is questioned in fandom.
I'll like to know some instances
Thanks for input
This was not my question. I said, present LN version for those statements.
The voice actor part wasn't ever done but the reading of manga part was or which one are you asking for
Note : the acting part was shown in anime

The voice actor part wasn't ever done but the reading of manga part was or which one are you asking for

Note : the acting part was shown in anime
So basically, there is not a single statement or reference from the original canonicity?

I am against giving the ability, then.

I intended to wait 48 hours originally
So basically, there is not a single statement or reference from the original canonicity?

I am against giving the ability, then.
From all natural view point this doesnt matter. Light novel isn't pictorial, its fine to disagree tho thanks for input

This makes sense to me.
Besides reading those manga, the others look fine enough.
Could you kindly provide further clarification on the consensus reached regarding the inclusion of statements that lack original proof of existence within the canonical source material?

The current discussion pertains to granting abilities derived from manga and anime sources, despite the absence of explicit references in the corresponding light novels upon which these profiles are founded.

Could you kindly provide further clarification on the consensus reached regarding the inclusion of statements that lack original proof of existence within the canonical source material?

The current discussion pertains to granting abilities derived from manga and anime sources, despite the absence of explicit references in the corresponding light novels upon which these profiles are founded.
Most other feats are also using manga dread Lol all our input on Veldora speaking was the manga of his journal we are allowed to use manga to also scale light novel because of its canonicity, all things must not be from the LN the light novel have no pictures how the living hell do you want us to know they broke the 4th wall???
"And hinata was surrounded by manga descriptions of flowers that Rimuru could see and complain about" yeah that really makes sense
Or
"And rimuru and gobta went to a studio to chat with their voice actors"
Wowww how impressive
Or "Veldora is reading tensura spin off mangas"

Like try to make sense here dread i don't get your disagreement purposes
Sorry if am sounding rude but this comment of yours... Really funny

Jordan, my stance is very clear. Can you kindly provide any evidence that those statements appeared in the original canonicity? If not, I am against this.

Most other feats are also using manga
Two wrongs don't make one right. You are not refuting anything with this assertion.
All things must not be from the LN the light novel
That this needs to be revised. LN is the original canonicity. Manga, and anime are adaptions from it.
have no pictures how the living hell do you want us to know they broke the 4th wall???
You don't need a visuality for this ability. It is not even required.

[OP deleted his recent post]

I kindly request that you refrain from insisting on a repetition of my complete stance and adjust your approach accordingly. I understand that engaging with opposition can be frustrating. I encourage you to take a moment to compose yourself and approach the discussion with a calm demeanor.

The original source or canonicity of these profiles is rooted in the light novel. The anime and manga adaptations are derived from it. Any additional references or contexts introduced by the anime do not hold the same weight as the original source and are not considered in our evaluation. This approach has been our longstanding tradition.

To illustrate, it is akin to a filler episode. Fillers typically deviate from the original canonicity and are not regarded as integral parts of the storyline.

Rain is the character who most clearly breaks the fourth wall in Tensura in my opinion. Volume 17 Chapter 4 is basically Rain talking to us about Tensura from the beginning to its current state.
Nice to meet you all.

My name is Rain.

Eh, you don’t know me?

You’re a ******* idiot, you know that?

I’ll beat you up.

Go back to school and study.

Game(about canon stories eg diablo interview)
Spin offs
Manga
Anime
Movie
Even if not shown in LN is still canon please refrain from bogus comments

Applying modifications during an ongoing thread, within a period not exceeding 48 hours, while the discussion remains active and unresolved.

Applying modifications during an ongoing thread, within a period not exceeding 48 hours, while the discussion remains active and unresolved.
Sure.
The discussion wasn't active anyways not until you made your comment, it's fine to report i want to also be there to excuse myself and make my claims.
In one of the staff additional rule thread
Clear and clean non controversial threads doesn't need admins input, but due to people always wanting to edit stuff we require admins input atleast one would be sufficient, i fail to see why i would even need to wait 48 hours
That's only for closing of threads, please report and send me the link.

Jordan, kindly refrain from making edits or applying changes until the grace period has elapsed. Your current approach appears to be influenced by personal emotions.

Please revert the changes you made, as the thread remains unresolved and open.

I appreciate your understanding, as I believe your actions are not driven by malicious intent.

I won't post much but its quiet explained clearly
For all content revision suggestions, a grace period of 48 hours should be allowed for the reviewing staff members to evaluate and approve them. This grace period applies to both minor and self-evident revisions, as well as larger revisions that may require more input from other staff members. Until this grace period has elapsed since the time of the thread's creation, the revision should not be applied to the profiles.

I won't post much but its quiet explained clearly
What tha....
Wasn't aware of this my bad
I would remove changes
Jordan, kindly refrain from making edits or applying changes until the grace period has elapsed. Your current approach appears to be influenced by personal emotions.

Please revert the changes you made, as the thread remains unresolved and open.

I appreciate your understanding, as I believe your actions are not driven by malicious intent.
why am i seeing new rules everyday ??

why am i seeing new rules everyday ??
I recall that this rule was implemented approximately one year ago by me.

Have you reversed the modifications? I am currently awaiting confirmation from staff members on this matter.

Thanks for your cooperation. Again, let's resolve this before applying any changes.

Thanks for your cooperation. Again, let's resolve this before applying any changes.
Then i will like to add Light novels doesn't mention all things so the author of Tensura who likes to write alot spread it all across Spin offs
Manga
Movie
Anime
Etc and even game (but few of this)
In the recent spin off of "How to spend a certain vacation"
転生したらスライムだった件 番外編~『とある休暇の過ごし方』~ - 第09話 ☆リムル、暴走☆
とある休暇の過ごし方は9巻から10巻まで
not all things must be depicted in the Light novel thats why fuse also added journal in the manga which explain all canon events in the Light novels as well
Anime and manga follows the main story by using Light Novel but its canon to itself as Well

We also have the movie explicitly mentioned by the author that The kingdom of raja which never existed in Light Novel will become canon and added to main story the existence of hiro which wasn't a thing until the movie also became canon

Ya, and the burden is on you to prove that those are canon of the storyline. A spin-off episode is by definition non-canon unless stated otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back