• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fox Spirit Matchmaker Low 1-C Plot Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
In this video, we start with the author of Fox Spirit Matchmaker, Tuo Xiaoxin, talking to the video's audience aka breaking the fourth wall. He states that he is the author of the Fox Spirit Matchmaker series and created the entire franchise as his fictional Manhua series and all the characters within the series that serve the plot. In advance, he thanked all the Fox Spirit Matchmaker fans for all the support he's got, and after that, he went through the history of the Manhua history and blah blah blah real world shit all that.

^^From this timestamp, we see that he controls the entire plot of Fox Spirit Matchmaker, as he is the author and views the entire franchise as mere fiction.

With the inference of all this information, we can conclude that Tuo Xiaoxin confronts the R>F transcendence standards and is qualitatively superior to the Fox Spirit Matchmaker multiverse, making him Low 1-C, especially with Plot Manipulation.

Moving on...

Information from this video: https://xiaoxintv.net/index.php/vod/play/id/1526/sid/1/nid/96.html (Warning: site contains lots of ads and pop-ups. Turn on your adblocker and tracker blocker upon accessing it. Bai Yuechu states that they are outside the plot in "a stinger" at 14:56 and Susu refers to everyone as "cast" at 15:12; Tushan Rongrong starts breaking the fourth wall at 15:27)

Susu has Tuo Xiaoxin's level of Plot Manipulation since Bai Yuechu stated that they are outside the entire plot/storyline, and at the end of the episode, we see Tushan Rongrong breaking the Fourth Wall. It denotes that it isn't a personal concept but the entire storyline and plot are involved, especially considering we see something similar with Tuo Xiaoxin's episode.

In conclusion, Tushan Susu should be upgraded to Low 1-C via Plot Manipulation.

Last edited:
not entirely sure how we treat episodes like this, but I think it makes sense. I agree.
That author episode is officially an episode of the Donghua. The scene with the characters being outside the plot is from episode 91 of the series, which is undoubtly part of the mainstream which should make all of it canon.

I'm afraid I don't understand the language used in the videos provided. Assuming your claims are accurate, I believe this would qualify for Low 1-C, but could you be more specific about what they are saying in each of the scenes you have linked? I wouldn't want to pass on this without a translation of the material.

Wait a minute, breaking the 4th wall and writing the story is not an R>F requirement. Is there something I'm not seeing here?

Wait a minute, breaking the 4th wall and writing the story is not an R>F requirement. Is there something I'm not seeing here?
The important part here is that he allegedly sees the world as fictional relative to himself. That would qualify for R>F, but my concern is that I don't know if this is what the videos actually say (and if they do, I don't know whether further context affirms or refutes the implications here).

The important part here is that he allegedly sees the world as fictional relative to himself. That would qualify for R>F, but my concern is that I don't know if this is what the videos actually say (and if they do, I don't know whether further context affirms or refutes the implications here).
I mean, is it directly stated that this character is seen as a fiction? Or is the OP saying that just because this character broke the 4th wall and wrote the story, that is equivalent to "seeing it as fiction"?

In short, is this a statement from the verse? Or is it an interpretation and an assumption that just because a character breaks the 4th wall and writes the story that he sees it as fiction?

I'm afraid I don't understand the language used in the videos provided. Assuming your claims are accurate, I believe this would qualify for Low 1-C, but could you be more specific about what they are saying in each of the scenes you have linked? I wouldn't want to pass on this without a translation of the material.
First video:
-Opening:
—Tuoxiao Xin: Hello everyone, my name is Xiaoxin! I am the creator of this indecent manhua series. Thank you all for all the love and support throughout the period. So I’d like to share this episode's Fox Spirit Matchmaker sub-stories.

Then he proceeds to explain the history of Fox Spirit Matchmaker's creation and the Manhua's company and all that; if going into details, Fox Spirit Matchmaker is serialised and published through Manhua Show Magazine (the company) and they illustrate 40 pages of the story every month. Tuo Xiaoxin is, of course, speaking to the audience of the series since it's all the events that happened in real life. I'm sure those details are enough to say that he is the author of the series and a real person.

Second video:
-14:50:
—Tushan Susu: But, what about Dongfang Yuechu? If I'm here, Honghong can't appear.
—Bai Yuechu: This is a stinger, setting anything has long since been unimportant. Wait, look over there.
—Tushan Susu: Long time no see, Susu.
—Tushan Susu: Honghong! Wonderful, the entire cast is here. Now, let's head to Tushan!

Perhaps I did make a translation error over there since Bai Yuechu didn't directly state that they are outside the plot but said they are in a "stinger". Stingers usually refer to scenes after the main episode or movie but are not necessarily a part of the plot and storyline, which would rather make that term ambiguous. Though, I'm sure all the fourth wall breaking and Susu referring to everyone as "cast" should explain that they're outside the plot. If that scene is part of the storyline then it wouldn't make sense for Dongfang Yuechu and Tushan Honghong to exist simultaneously with Tushan Susu and Bai Yuechu, since they are all the same person and time travelling/alternate timelines do not exist within the Fox Spirit Matchmaker storyline.

-15:23:
—Tushan Rongrong: I gathered everyone here for a very important thing. Ever since the PV competition, we received a lot of help. Meeting under this Tree of Sorrow, we witnessed repeating joy and agony. We all held our companionship for 4 full years; from the beginning Shangsha Arc, Wangquan Arc, to Yuehong, Yuyaoguo, and Yanruyu, and finally to the most recent Nanguo Arc. Fox Spirit Matchmaker fans are increasing, meeting up under the Tree of Sorrow to tie our friendships and strengthen our bonds. Thereby, with today being the opening of the Zhuye Arc, we want to thank all of you. And then-
—Tushan Susu: I hope everyone can repeat after me-
—Everybody: Happy Fourth Anniversary to the Fox Spirit Matchmaker Donghua!
I mean, is it directly stated that this character is seen as a fiction? Or is the OP saying that just because this character broke the 4th wall and wrote the story, that is equivalent to "seeing it as fiction"?

In short, is this a statement from the verse? Or is it an interpretation and an assumption that just because a character breaks the 4th wall and writes the story that he sees it as fiction?
They're the author of the series and we see him writing the story and illustrating pages, so yeah.

They're the author of the series and we see him writing the story and illustrating pages, so yeah.
Obviously, looking at the above articles, personally speaking, this is a textbook example of breaking the 4th wall. However, it is stated that he is the creator and writer of the story. I'm not a staff member and my vote doesn't really matter here, but those are my thoughts.

Also writing your story on a book basically doesn't give you R>F, this can be done with text manip. Not necessarily R>F

That's why Saiki was bombed by DT, and there are also characters very similar to what you said here (like Arale) but we haven't given R>F to any of them.

But you know what, good luck anyway.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa I made a goofy error on a translation detail. Bai Yuechu didn't directly state that they were outside the plot, but rather said they're in "a stinger", which is defined as scenes written for humour but not necessarily a part of the plot. There are clear implications that they are certainly outside of the plot. Do you guys still agree?
Obviously, looking at the above articles, personally speaking, this is a textbook example of breaking the 4th wall. However, it is stated that he is the creator and writer of the story. I'm not a staff member and my vote doesn't really matter here, but those are my thoughts.

Also writing your story on a book basically doesn't give you R>F, this can be done with text manip. Not necessarily R>F

That's why Saiki was bombed by DT, and there are also characters very similar to what you said here (like Arale) but we haven't given R>F to any of them.

But you know what, good luck anyway.
All the details within those papers contain the entire Fox Spirit Matchmaker storyline and he talks as if it is all his fictional work and all those characters are his fictional creation, which counts as concrete evidence. It isn't merely text manipulation and storywriting, lol. Not to mention he is the author.

Last edited:
I was asked to comment here but I just don't know the in an outs of Reality Fiction Transcendence stuff. I can see what the OP is trying to do but I myself wouldn't be able to give a solid agree or disagree. So whatever is agreed upon I don't have much to take issue with. My apologies for not being helpful here.

I was asked to comment here but I just don't know the in an outs of Reality Fiction Transcendence stuff. I can see what the OP is trying to do but I myself wouldn't be able to give a solid agree or disagree. So whatever is agreed upon I don't have much to take issue with. My apologies for not being helpful here.
Thanks for the imput nonetheless.

First video:
-Opening:
—Tuoxiao Xin: Hello everyone, my name is Xiaoxin! I am the creator of this indecent manhua series. Thank you all for all the love and support throughout the period. So I’d like to share this episode's Fox Spirit Matchmaker sub-stories.

Then he proceeds to explain the history of Fox Spirit Matchmaker's creation and the Manhua's company and all that; if going into details, Fox Spirit Matchmaker is serialised and published through Manhua Show Magazine (the company) and they illustrate 40 pages of the story every month. Tuo Xiaoxin is, of course, speaking to the audience of the series since it's all the events that happened in real life. I'm sure those details are enough to say that he is the author of the series and a real person.
So, to be clear - the idea here is that this author avatar is the owner of the Manhua Show Magazine, which serialises and publishes the story that is depicted throughout the series as a collection of comics relative to his perspective. This is correct?

A lot of the information you have provided doesn't really add much to this case, but it doesn't take away from it either. This alone should be sufficient justification to say that this author avatar exhibits R>F transcendence to the main plotline of the series.

So, to be clear - the idea here is that this author avatar is the owner of the Manhua Show Magazine, which serialises and publishes the story that is depicted throughout the series as a collection of comics relative to his perspective. This is correct?
The Manhua Show Magazine is the company that debuts the story and Xiaoxin is an author a part of it. Other than that, yes, correct. Those translations of mine are to provide clarity like you asked, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back