• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mori Jin Breaking the 4th wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the below evidence Mori Jin should gain Breaking the Fourth Wall. Which includes acknowledging that they are part of a fictional world as he does below by yelling for the thief to stop who just appeared for the story as Mori Jin says.

Agree - Megaraptor149, Nierre, ActuallySpaceMan42, Maverick_Zero_X, Viott, UchihaSlayer96,

Neutral -

Disagree -

Last edited:
How consistently does he do it? If its a minor one time only thing then I think its safer to say its just an outlier of a story in its early stages.

How consistently does he do it? If its a minor one time only thing then I think its safer to say its just an outlier of a story in its early stages.
He also does it here by saying goodbye to the viewer/reader.

This is consistent since we do see the biker, mori, and apparently P to break the 4th wall. i don't have the P scan though. Only the mori ones along with the biker one.

Last edited:
I'd prefer much more consistency shown than limited to one early chapter and a goodbye message at the end.

I'd prefer much more consistency shown than limited to one early chapter and a goodbye message at the end.
So reading the outlier page discovered this.
An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power.
This has nothing to do with his level of power. So how would outlier be a counter to this?

We even have guide lines for potential outliers.
1) Is it a big jump or drop in power?
No it's not since there is nothing about power here.
2) Is it a unique or exceptional incident?
It's not since we see it happen multiple times. With the biker in the same chapter that Mori does, Mori at the end, and P in the story.
3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified?
I think this question isn't really necessary for the event of breaking the 4th wall since it's kinda self explanatory.
4) Does the event break the previously established power-scaling?
No since this does not affect their power scaling at all.
5) Does the event break with the narrative of the work?
The 4th wall break does not break with the narrative of the work since we have multiple examples of it happening.

Last edited:
Outlier is also a term in the English dictionary that exists outside the wiki, that was how I was using it.

At the very, very end of the series, like I'm talking the literal last panel of the whole webtoon, Mori turns around and faces the audience to say "Thanks for sticking by my side this whole time, I hope you all have a great life."

This is fine

I personally don't think 4th wall breaking has to be "consistent" or can be considered an "outlier". Just as if we see a character use a fire ability once, doesn't mean we should ignore it because they never use it again. It's an indexing site afterall. We don't index what's consistent for P&A, we index for P&As that they've shown to use, which fits here.

This is fine

I personally don't think 4th wall breaking has to be "consistent" or can be considered an "outlier". Just as if we see a character use a fire ability once, doesn't mean we should ignore it because they never use it again. It's an indexing site afterall. We don't index what's consistent for P&A, we index for P&As that they've shown to use, which fits here.
I agree with Nierre on this. This should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back