• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

urban warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Assassination 5 (Himiko Toga vs Mysterio)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Five days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the ghettos is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Capos and Peacekeepers is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Himiko Toga:
Mysterio:

Yeah its looking for rough for Toga here, she does have stupidly good stealth but is that gonna help her escape Mysterio's illusions when he's got a bead on her from far away?

Toga's so ****** here that it's not even funny. She gets gunned down by Invisible Drones and Mysterio calls it a night.

i should've expected it, Witch this fight is a stomp, you can just let advance Mysterio and do the next match

yah seems like a huge stomp, Himiko's Stealth Mastery is amazing but if she doesnt even know her surroundings cause of the illusions then she has no way to use it and gets gunned down by the drones

Himiko might still lose, but keep in mind that Mysterio doesn't have EDITH here, meaning that he is limited to two drones.

How is this fight even happening? Are they just meeting up on the streets of Brooklyn staring at each other face to face or is it SBA range? Because if she’s far enough away she can just hide, track him down and one shot him without him getting a single illusion off.

when I picked him, I specified that he had optional equipment. Does he have that here?

Also uh, if it's SBA range, what's stopping Mysterio from simply sending one of his drones to scour the area until they find her? They can turn invisible, meaning she wouldn't know where to stealth to fully prevent herself from getting detected, and once Mysterio knows where she is he can easily just send the remaining drones to her location.

Starting distance goes by SBA, meaning that it's 2 km (just because I don't know precisely why Mysterio has planetary range).

That said, they are in the city depicted in the OP, with a rough idea of where their opponent is, while being free to roam.

Depending on how they move, the way they would fight changes a lot.
If they happen to meet at close distance, Mysterio can set on a illusion, as even two drones seem to have at least several meters of range.

If one spots the other from afar, Himiko can try to snipe him with a knife and/or exploit the place with her stealth abilities, while Mysterio could send the drones after her, although I don't think he would, as they serve to protect him, and he has only two of them.

when I picked him, I specified that he had optional equipment. Does he have that here?

Also uh, if it's SBA range, what's stopping Mysterio from simply sending one of his drones to scour the area until they find her? They can turn invisible, meaning she wouldn't know where to stealth to fully prevent herself from getting detected, and once Mysterio knows where she is he can easily just send the remaining drones to her location.
If he has the glasses, then I'd say he would summon a shitthousand of drones to protect him knowing that some superhuman girl with unknown abilities is after him.
The two are both out of each other's range at the begginning, and the drones didn't do invisible while chasing Spider-Man on their own, meaning that Himiko has a chance to hide while noticing that such an army is wandering the place.

If she gets spotted, she's in trouble, but I don't know if she could deal with the drones the way Spider-Man did.
If Mysterio manages to get close enough to set eyes on her, he can activate the illusions from the drones and I guess have the upper hand.

There's still some chance for Himiko to evade the drones and spot Mysterio first, then try to take him down as fast as possible.

I will wait for more inputs before voting.

Wait what, he has thousands of drones? I really need to be more thorough with my screening. If he has them via optional equippment then this is Mysterio with everything sans them. Hes flying else.

Both, and every fight before, will fight in a area similar to what is depicted in the picture within the op. They start 500 meters apart.

If one spots the other from afar, Himiko can try to snipe him with a knife and/or exploit the place with her stealth abilities, while Mysterio could send the drones after her, although I don't think he would, as they serve to protect him, and he has only two of them.
Himiko would likely try to do both as she tends to take her opponents by surprise when fighting and all she needs is one hit on Mysterio to end the fight

her stealth abilities are amazing, as it says on her profile, she was able to escape from Uravity and Froppy's sight even when she was right in front of them and escaped from Deku after he took her eyes off her for a split second so the drones are going to likely have a hard time finding her as well once she hides

Wait what, he has thousands of drones? I really need to be more thorough with my screening. If he has them via optional equippment then this is Mysterio with everything sans them. Hes flying else.

Both, and every fight before, will fight in a area similar to what is depicted in the picture within the op. They start 500 meters apart.
It says on his profile that he can summon hundreds of them. If that's too much then yeah, restrict his optional equipment. Meaning he starts with a few drones near his person.

keep in mind though. he still has human-level durability, meaning he gets turned into bloody paste the moment any attack hits his real body, optional equip or not.

alright if he doesnt have them and they start 500 meters apart then im voting for Himiko Toga on this

she'll be able to use her Stealth Mastery to get close to Mysterio as the drones are likely going to have a hard time spotting her cause she is able to basically blend into her surroundings like she stated when fighting against Izuku and even if a drone notices her, she'll be able to get away from it as she could do the same with Uravity and Froppy when they had their sights on her. she could also survive multiple bullets from the drones if they hit her as her Pain Tolerance is pretty good and allowed her to keep fighting against Curious well having her insides torn up by several small explosions. so Himko waits for an opening against the drones and Mysterio by using her Stealth Mastery then proceeds to snipe him with a knife.

mfw Mysterio can no longer drone spam half the tournament.

So erm. With only two Drone,s Mysterio's tactics would probably change pretty significantly. Knowing he was facing someone blatantly superhuman, he'd probably move into a secluded location, set up his drones, and let Toga come to him. I really doubt he'd like, try to like, openly engage Toga, since he'd know she could kill him pretty easily if caught without his drones.

Even with two drones, Msyerio can still set up a holographic duplicate of himself to fool Toga, just like he did with Spider-man before he died. It's likely that he'd try to do something like that, then, once Toga attempts to attack the double, he'd just send his two drones after her to disorient her with illusion creation and riddle her with bullets.

mfw Mysterio no longer can drone spam half the tournament.

So erm. With only two Drone,s Mysterio's tactics would probably change pretty significantly. Knowing he was facing someone blatantly superhuman, he'd probably move into a secluded location, set up his drones, and let Toga come to him. I really doubt he'd like, try to like, openly engage Toga, since he'd know she could kill him pretty easily if caught without his drones.
Himiko never engages head on either, she waits for an opening against her opponents then strikes them, usually trying to take them out in one hit with her knifes. Mysterio isnt going to even know if Toga is close by or near him at all cause of her Stealth Mastery.
Even with two drones, Msyerio can still set up a holographic duplicate of himself to fool Toga, just like he did with Spider-man before he died. It's likely that he'd try to do something like that, then, once Toga attempts to attack the double, he'd just send his two drones after her to disorient her with illusion creation and riddle her with bullets.
she'll very likely snipe it with a knife and realize that she is fighting against someone who is able to create holographic duplicates of himself, if the two drones have their sights on her then she'll be very capable of escaping cause even when two characters with comparable speed to hers had their sights on her, she vanished right before them, and Toga can tank one hell of a beating as she kept fighting even after having her insides torn up by several small explosions.

The thing is, Toga would have no idea how Mysterio's drones even work. From her perspective, Mysterio would just be a regular dude being guarded by two decently strong robots. Mysterio often makes it difficult to tell if his illusions are fake or not, so it's likely Toga wouldn't immediately know what she was dealing with.

There's also the fact that he can render himself invisible while projecting a duplicate, which is exactly what he did in here. Assuming he goes this route, it wouldn't really matter if she sneaks up on him, because unless she has senses enhanced enough to detect invisible beings, she'd just end up hitting the duplicate and revealing himself. And if she disappears, what's stopping Mysterio from simply remaining invisible using illusion creation? He would obviously be wary of revealing himself once he understands that Toga can easily escape from his sight.

It would also be exceptionally harder to successfully sneak away if she was covered inside one of his illusions. Since they would definitely be disorienting and would make it more difficult to find places to hide.

The thing is, Toga would have no idea how Mysterio's drones even work. From her perspective, Mysterio would just be a regular dude being guarded by two decently strong robots. Mysterio often makes it difficult to tell if his illusions are fake or not, so it's likely Toga wouldn't immediately know what she was dealing with.
and why wouldn't Himiko be seen by Mysterio as some School Girl? both look like normal humans with nothing "super" about them
There's also the fact that he can render himself invisible while projecting a duplicate, which is exactly what he did in here. Assuming he goes this route, it wouldn't really matter if she sneaks up on him, because unless she has senses enhanced enough to detect invisible beings, she'd just end up hitting the duplicate and revealing himself. And if she disappears, what's stopping Mysterio from simply remaining invisible using illusion creation? He would obviously be wary of revealing himself once he understands that Toga can easily escape from his sight.
he did that whole thing as a last ditch effort against spider-man too try and shoot him in the head so it isnt in-character for him to try that in the middle of a fight. Himiko would be just as wary of Mysterio as she'll take out an illusion, realize he can create them, and take off with her Stealth being far more wary to attack certain things just as mysterio would be wary of his surroundings and Himiko could very easily take out the drones as she'll have an easier time finding them wherever she is then the drones finding her.

About this, is there any building between them or do they start in a street in front of each other?

and why wouldn't Himiko be seen by Mysterio as some School Girl? both look like normal humans with nothing "super" about them
This is actually a good argument, I misremembered SBA and thought they were somewhat aware of each other's strength.

That said, Mysterio is still smart enough to think that there might be something fishy about her, and I don't think he'd let his guard down most of the times.

This is actually a good argument, I misremembered SBA and thought they were somewhat aware of each other's strength.
SBA just states that they know their opponents appearance aside from that, the characters have 0 knowledge about each other.

I mean, considering how acrobatically Himiko seems to move, I doubt Mysterio would be under the assumption that she was the "average school girl" For long. Especially if she starts, randomly disappearing mid-fight.

Would Himiko even be cautious enough to use stealth against him? It’s just like you say, Mysterio to her would just appear to be a regular, quirkless human. She wouldn’t really have the knowledge to know that she needs to use stealth against him

he did that whole thing as a last ditch effort against spider-man too try and shoot him in the head so it isnt in-character for him to try that in the middle of a fight. Himiko would be just as wary of Mysterio as she'll take out an illusion, realize he can create them, and take off with her Stealth being far more wary to attack certain things just as mysterio would be wary of his surroundings and Himiko could very easily take out the drones as she'll have an easier time finding them wherever she is then the drones finding her.
That was his last resort because at the time he had like, an entire army of drones at his disposal. He's going to act a lot differently when he only has two. Mysterio is really intelligent, and will definitely make use of any time he has to prepare before she reaches him. Meaning, he'd definitely set an illusion or invisibility of some kind around the building around him before she reaches him. He isn't the type to let his guard down, either, we've seen that he's a pretty paranoid person in the movies.

If the drones are cloaked in an illusion or invisibility, Himiko isn't hitting them outside of a lucky shot, since she has no feats to indicate she can target invisible beings.

I mean, considering how acrobatically Himiko seems to move, I doubt Mysterio would be under the assumption that she was the "average school girl" For long. Especially if she starts, randomly disappearing mid-fight.

Would Himiko even be cautious enough to use stealth against him? It’s just like you say, Mysterio to her would just appear to be a regular, quirkless human. She wouldn’t really have the knowledge to know that she needs to use stealth against him
Himiko's acrobatics isn't anything special as it mainly shows when she is in combat close up like against Aizawa and Izuku plus a lot of normal people can do acrobatics. I doubt Mysterio is going to even know or see that she can do that unless he saw her do it like doing h2h which he doesn't do, yes he'll be on his guard and paranoid cause he knows he is in a fight per SBA but he only knows her appearance and wouldn't think much of her

Himiko always kills from the shadows and never does it in the open, the only time she doesn't use her stealth is when she knows her opponent has an eye on her, in which she'll try to get their eyes off her so she can use it and is in h2h combat but since their are buildings between Mysterio and her, she'll gladly use her stealth here to kill her opponent
That was his last resort because at the time he had like, an entire army of drones at his disposal. He's going to act a lot differently when he only has two. Mysterio is really intelligent, and will definitely make use of any time he has to prepare before she reaches him. Meaning, he'd definitely set an illusion or invisibility of some kind around the building around him before she reaches him. He isn't the type to let his guard down, either, we've seen that he's a pretty paranoid person in the movies.

If the drones are cloaked in an illusion or invisibility, Himiko isn't hitting them outside of a lucky shot, since she has no feats to indicate she can target invisible beings.
Himiko isnt the type to let her guard down either and keeps an eye on her surroundings making sure she isnt spotted when hiding. how does setting up an illusion on a building help Mysterio? cause from what SamanPatou said he'd have to set eyes on her for her surroundings to change and given she hides constantly then I doubt that'd happen and Mysterio would have to get incredibly lucky.

both things have just as hard of a time finding each other then. I still see Himiko taking this imo

When I made my comment at the beginning, I was assuming he had EDITH. If that's not the case then Mysterio is about get ******* played FRA.

Naw fr I came into this debate hoping he could just flood her with his drone army lmao.

would’ve picked someone else if I knew he was getting stuck with only two 😭.

I'll hold off from voting, Bruhtelho makes good points.

Himiko isnt the type to let her guard down either and keeps an eye on her surroundings making sure she isnt spotted when hiding. how does setting up an illusion on a building help Mysterio? cause from what SamanPatou said he'd have to set eyes on her for her surroundings to change and given she hides constantly then I doubt that'd happen and Mysterio would have to get incredibly lucky.
That's not what I meant, instead the point was that to affect her entirely the drones need to point at her.
Like, where the drones aim, an illusion is set up, and you can see it even from outside. But if the drones surround or aim at you, then they can envelop you in their illusion.
The bigger the illusion the more drones are required, meaning that they can only cover a limit space, although it's more than enough to make Mysterio invisible and/or set up a fake. But you also have to remember that if one drone covers Mysterio, then it will not be used for attack, they can either shoot or project holograms.

A limitation is that Mysterio needs to know what his opponent is seeing or doing in order to alter the illusions accordingly.
Like, if Himiko throws a knife at a fake Mysterio while hiding, and the real Mysterio doesn't know she is about to do that, the fake will not sell the shot, meaning that the knife would just phase through it, and Himiko would likely be alerted by it.

If I'm not wrong, Mysterio is wearing his costume in this match, meaning that Himiko expects to fight against someone with a weird appearance, and given the world she's from that means he has some kind of superpower.

The starting seems to be that two are 500 meters apart and separated by buildings, with Himiko knowing that a guy in a weird costume wants to kill her and Mysterio knowing that a schoolgirl with a creepy smile wants to do the same.
From there on, I guess Himiko would likely try to conceal herself immediately and look for him, while Mysterio can do pretty much anything, but I guess he'd play defensive.

All in all, this is a pretty interesting match, where stealth, wit, tactic and luck actually mean something.

I honestly don't see a viable outcome that isn't inconclusive, tbh, both have equal chances to put the other to the corner.

Both have ways to deceive the other, and while Mysterio would theoretically have the advantage when acting defensively, his drones can't both project and attack, and it's questionable how efficient a single one of them is in projecting illusions, assuming one is used to project and the other to shoot, opening the window to a variety of scenarios that could occur.
Mysterio can also lose his drone, as they can be destroyed, or might be out-stealthed in the case he gets noticed operating the drone, of if Himiko decides to play it defensively too if he notices a knife throw at a fake Mysterio doesn't even graze him.

Similarly, we assume Mysterio would turn invisible and/or set a clone most of the times, which is one of the best possible strategy, but he might behave in a variety of different ways.
Mysterio is also somewhat of a showman, and even when he had Peter trapped in a illusion projected by only two drones, he decided to turn off the illusion to reveal himself to Peter and let him be ran over by a train, while he could have shot him right away (bullets that are depicted as threats to him many times)

G-guys, its nice and all that we had such a great debate. But i cant move on with a incon- Dont tell me i have to use my coin here?

Back