• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrades for Kazuya Mishima: Shouldn't Kazuya's Attack Potency and Durability be changed to At least City Level, Likely Higher or Large City Level?

Should Kazuya's attack potency and durability be changed to At least City Level, Likely Higher or Large City Level? (Sorry I'm new here) As far as I know, bombs barely reaching a megaton has already destroyed a small city. Wasn't that volcanic eruption/destruction that Kazuya generated almost a hundred megatons? I mean even half a hundred megatons was more than enough to destroy the entire city of Paris. So what do you guys think?

Erupting a stratovolcano is 7-B as i'm aware, since the Devil's Pit is a volcanic region the eruption might be comparable to the most disastrous volcanic eruption in United States recorded history, however the eruction is not seen in the outside view.

The 7-B value is not that high and i don't see why a possibly higher unless he had statements of being above it.

Their tiers should be changed anyway, Kazuya in base form survived a volcano eruption after Heihachi beat him and knocked him out

You mean this TK2 , well his body was present but it was ruined and he was dead until G-Corp. brought him back to life and healed him up, it looks like he was found and experimented in devil form via the purple skin and apperance TK4 , so i think he doesn't completely scale to it.

Kazuya died, but the body still survived, if it wouldnt then he would have been incinerated to ashes with nothing left, that should scale

Also thats after Kazuya was beaten by Heihachi and unconscious, yet the volcano still didnt destroy the body

And on top of that why does Kazuya has 8-B tier on the profile?Its clear he defeated Heihachi in base form in tekken 1 and Paul bsck then was in the same league as Kazuya, till he got weaker later by not training anymore

The body survived but in bad conditions, not perfectly intact so again he doesn't completely scale.

I might have to remove that, its likely that Paul matching Kazuya was retconned to not have happened like other TK1/2 stuff that was retconned.

Just cuz the body was in bad conditions doesnt mean its not scalable, again thats after a battle with Heihachi, he obviously took damage from that fight, along being unconscious when thrown, its a difference between tanking something when aware and not aware

Azazel is stated to have caused disasters over time in the compaign, but it might be not possible to quantify that.

It's also possible that Kazuya held back, it would lead to a chunk of the cast being comparable to the Mishima's, who are seemingly hyped to be above most of the cast and only a very few on a final boss level are able to compete with them, Paul defeated Ogre but i don't see him winning against True Ogre.

I did not said its not scalable, i said he doesn't completely scale to the value just below but not that much.

It wouldnt lead to most of the cast at all comparable to Mishimas, Paul had a draw with Kazuya befire tekken 1, then during that tournament they had a battle that lasted hours, that indicates Paul put up a fight with Kazuya, in tekken 3 it was said he went undefeated through the whole tournament, that heavily implies he wiped the floor with anyone he faced, also before Ogre, you gotta fight Heihachi all the time, Paul likely beat him there to reach Ogre its consistent by lore Paul was a Mishima level character, in tekken 4 he grew weaker as he didnt train or anything after that scandal with him being the winner

But i don't see Bryan, Yoshimitsu, Feng and especially Marshall Law [since he was doing well against Feng] as being Mishima Level, Heihachi being before Ogre is due to him being a sub-boss in gameplay while story wise he likely just spied on Jin the whole time and waited for him to get rid of Ogre, i don't see him being far weaker than before after 4 and he generally struggles with Kuma, who is likely not seen as a threat by Heihachi and was casually defeated by Jin and Lars in 6, Heihachi and Kazuya putted a little struggle against Jin.

Law shouldnt scale, the only time he did well was in his character episode its likely plot there for him, in Feng Wei character episode he just pushed him back from what i recall, Paul on the other hand put him down and hurt him, till he got back on his feet

In tekken 4 we see him ending up on the streets and with the dojo running out of bussiness and what not, 2 years pass between tekken 3 and tekken 4, you think he wouldnt get out of shape after that much time?He even straight up went to the tournament without even preparing for it, Kuma trained before the tournament, plus Paul in the older games beat the first Kuma each time, dont remember it being a problem to him

I think Kazuya and Heihachi are stronger by then, i don't see Paul putting a better fight than Nina or Claudio against Heihachi.

I dont see Nina or Claudio being above Paul from the older games, all 3 games support him being a Mishima level character back then, also neither Nina or Claudio lasted long vs Heihachi, meanwhile Paul back in the day fought Kazuya for hours, Paul got rusty after tekken 3, there is no other thing to say and his story shows it too

Other characters in other franchises had the same thing, Jotaro from Jojo didnt use his Stand for 10 years, neither time stop ever since the end of part 3, he got rusty and his ability decreased too, Krillin from dragon ball didnt train for a long time either and got rusty too in Super, same goes for Paul in tekken

The wiki says that before Tekken 1 he remained undefeated in battle, with the sole exception of Kazuya, who held him to a draw.

However during the Tekken 1 Tournament, he fought Kazuya but was unable to defeat him. This makes apparent that Kazuya grew stronger since before the tournament since he then defeated Heihachi, who killed Devil Kazumi.

Two years passed before news reached Paul of a second tournament; while he was again successful in defeating Kuma, he still was not able to prove himself to be stronger than Kazuya.

I admit that i should remove the devil gene amped part in Kazuya 1 page, its looks like headcanon.

Also ofc Heihachi and Kazuya struggled with Jin, he is a Mishima and obviously stronger then his relatives

Also Azazel geolical event he caused with his power should be looked into more it might have more into it, also Blood Vengeance needs to be considered too for feats, Harada said certain events from it happened and tekken 7 shows flashbacks from it too, its clear the movie happened more or less

Paul faced Kazuya last time in tekken 1 were i remember it was said that it lasted hours their battle, Paul in tekken 2 wasnt able to arrive in time for his next battle which forced him to forfeit, tekken 3 he went undefeated through the whole tournament, Heihachi just spying on Jin is put of the question, Heihachi is the one that announced the tournament and sponsors it him not participating is ridiculous

Blood Vengeance needs to be considered too for feats, Harada said certain events from it happened and tekken 7 shows flashbacks from it too, its clear the movie happened more or less.

There is too many contraddictory stuff for it be canon, the movie literally ends with Jin finally defeating Kazuya and Heihachi, also Alisa and Xiaoyu don't know eachother in the canon, Ganryu is not a teacher since he opened his own restorant in the canon and Lee Chaolan isn't administrating the Violet System.

Except i didnt claimed it to be canon entirely, its half canon which Harada said too and it being shown in the flashbacks in tekken 7 proves even more it happened

Him defeating Kazuya and Heihachi in the movie isnt contradictory, Kazuya also told Jin that this wasnt the end

Most things in tekken 7 we find out happened, Julia story description mentions Jaycee which was from tag 2, along other things, Blood Vengeance isnt contradictory, the devil forms are also seen there eith Kazuya showing it in tekken 7 again slightly changed a bit design wise

Just because a small thing from Tag 2 is canon to T7 doesn't mean the whole thing is, also Harada might was playing with users since he did not specified which parts are canon or not [there are also shots from tag 1 heihachi and kazuya alongside the bv ones], and again i repeat at the end there is too much contraddictory stuff from the games that makes it not canon, also the volcano eruption Kazuya took at the end of 2 is not comparable to the 7-B one previously mentioned which is a very strong one.

Well, its allowed but only in a non-canon profiles like a Non-Canon Jin one would be likely be allowed and here all the non-canon stuff sources can be put.

Here i'm fine about Kazuya taking a regular volcanic eruption, Paul scaling, and evaluating the laser calc [T3-7 instances].

Nowhere i said the whole tag 2 is canon, dont put words in my mouth, he still said some events of the movie happened, going by tekken 7 flashbacks, the 3 way battle most like occured and the devil transformations since Kazuya showed it and Jin will get his in tekken 8 ly, there is no contradiction when he said that some events happened and not the whole thing, only the parts of the movie that are the most logical they happened should be counted

Also Harada doesnt troll or plays around unlike Kamiya for example, plus he was involved with the movie too, he has no reason to joke when he was asked about canonicity of the movie towards the series

The volcano eruption from tekken 2 is City level, just not on the same magnitude of Kazuya vs Akuma one

Leopold suggested non canon profiles for the series, yet it wasnt allowed cuz of too much work, yet i dont see how thats too much work

Blood Vengeance can't take place in the canon since Jin is fine and victorious at the end leading the Zaibatsu, unlike in the canon where he lost the Zaibatsu and was found in the desert after defeating Azazel, then he was not in a good shape until the end of the game.

Alisa awakened and helped Lars through the whole campaign, the only time she met Xiaoyu was in the campaign itself where they don't recognize eachother since its the first time they met, Alisa remained with Lars until Jin changed her system turning her against Lars, after then she had to brought to the Violet System and here she was succesfully repaired.

You realize the movie takes place between tekken 5 and 6?Kazuya told him after the battle that it wasnt over, that points out it wont be the last time they meet, you still dont understand that some events happened, not all of them

Its even acknowledged in the tekken 7 in flashbacks, supporting that some events of Blood Vengeance happened, nothing is contradictary and Harada stating a few are part of the story goes along with that

When Heihachi awakened, the fifth tournament was already over and when he tried to regain the Zaibatsu under Jin he failed. He, then went and trained in his estate where he was received by Lars and Alisa, after their meeting he trained until he heard Jin was missing and caught the occasion the reclaim the Zaibatsu, Heihachi did not participated in the fifth and sixth Tournaments and had no time to attack Kazuya, Jin and set the whole Mokujin stuff, also since Kaz. and Jin were at war between eachother.

Harada himself has also said that the movie takes place in an alternative storyline to the canon, so he was likely joking about the 50% thing.

Xiaoyu said that she wants to enter the sixth tournament in order to build a biggest amusement park and offers cooperation with Alisa, which completely contradicts the story of Tekken 6, where she enters the tournament in an attempt to save Jin's soul from evil.

That tweet is from 2012, the one he says about half canon is more recent, from 2017 or so if i remember, dont try to use that outdated tweet to claim the other aint legit, especially one that is 7 years old by now, also nowhere in that tweet i see him state that it tajes place in an alternate canon at all, he responded he never claimed the movie to be canon, he didnt say its non canon or a spin off or anything, he said its half canon, dont try to disregard it

Also Jin already had the Zaibatsu by the end of tekken 5, there was no tournament in the movie

Again repeating, not all events happened, just a few of them, claiming the movie as non canon by you doesnt change anything, he adressed the issue with certain events not matching the games

If he did not specified which parts are canon its not possible to assume which are. Anyway the parts i can define as not-canon are the whole meeting between Alisa and Xiaoyu since the latter does not recognize Alisa during the sixth tournament when she was alongside Lars and the whole battle between Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi.

Uh yes it is possible, the ones that go well with what the games shown, like the 3 way battle at the temple and the devil battle, there is also given a multiplier there of how much a devil form increases a user power

Anyway, thats a subject for another time, for now we need the next things done:

-the Gun Jack and Kazuya laser speed feats need to be counted for the characters that are comparable to mishimas or were shown to be above the robots in the series

-Paul profile needs to have the tier changed since he was a mishima tier character in the past games, until the power levels between him and the mishimas changed in tekken 4, Bryan, Yoshimitsu and Feng who you mentioned earlier would scale from the tekken 4 till tekken 7 version of him, it would likely still be the same tier but more weaker then before, we dont know by how much he got weak

-the laser feats also need the destruction calc another look, the Gun Jack one clearly destroyed some parts from the Alpin range they were nearby, comparing the image of before and after of the mountains, as for the Kazuya one, i saw someone that calced it somewhere, it was above City i think, Heihachi who took 6 lasers plus a charged one from the Super Devil form, that would be something important for the durability of Full Power Heihachi

Back