• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Percy's lifting strength

Right now it is only Peak Human. I think we should take into consideration that Percy has held up the entire sky for a duration of a battle. That is obviously beyond just peek human.

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/percy-jackson-cockblock-supreme-pjo.19942/

This has a calc on the strength needed to hold the sky. I'm not a math wizard so it'd be nice if somebody looked at this and told me if this is good or not. Even if it isn't, Percy still held the sky. A calc should be done for that. I promise a peak human can't hold up the sky.

Pretty much, yes. If the community and the staff here thinks it's legit and reasonable, then we can accept a calc or feat or whatever one would present a change to any profile here.

VidiaPhoenix said:
Cool.
(I like your Luxord btw, not sure if I'm allowed to go off topic like that on a forum though)
Well it's alright to get off-topic a little bit.

But aside that, yes that's how it works basically whenever there's a request to change a page's stats and powers. *Nods*

Well, if the mass of the sky is 5.3x10^18kg, that is Class E in strength according to our standards.

The only problem with this is that it may be an outlier for a couple of reasons:

1) Percy only did it while standing in water (and even then was heavily strained)

2) Annabeth could do it, if only briefly. She only has barely superhuman strength feats.

3) He has no other direct strength feats (i.e. he's not tossing cars around)

That said, the fact that he can wrestle with Hyperion and Iapetus (who are the third and fourth strongest Titans after Atlas and Kronos) could lend credence to this.

Wait, can you give me the direct line that said he was standing in water while he held it because I'm positive he wasn't. Why would there be water on top of a mountain? Unfortunately, I don't have the book on hand but I'm sure there wasn't any water involoved.

It could be the sky is a testement to will more than actual strength because, as you said, Percy isn't know to throw around cars which should be super easy if he can hold up the atmosphere.

Massive outlier in my opinion. That, or it's not really about strenght that much.

Fighting Titans doesn't put him at this level, because they were all extremely weakened in all the fights against the demigods. Kronos was fighting on par with Percy, but at full power Percy said that he would much stronger than Typhon, the guy that was fighting all the Olimpians at the same time.

Iirc The Kronos that Percy fought wasn't at full power, and only lost due to Luke stabbing himself in his Achilles Heel.

As someone mentioned, Typhon was going head to head with the Olympians, not caring about the Olympians's attacks, while heading towards Olympus.

Kronos>Typhon.

About Hyperion, Percy only managed to face him after he had a Tornado/Hurricane around him, boosting his energy, dousing Hyperion, even then, he wasn't able to best Hyperion without the help of Woodland Magic.

About Percy holding up the sky, I wouldn't consider it valid, since it would basically place him at ClassE, and he hasn't shown other lifting feats even close to it.

I'll probably someday try and document PJverse feats.

Well, maybe "Unknown" lifting strength would be best then?

Back