• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Magneto to At least 4-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magneto has several feats against 4-B characters and even some bigger than that.

Dominate Hercules:

[[1]]

Wins against Protheus:

[[2]]

React and resists to the Captain Universe Spiderman attack:

[[3]]

Keep in a fight and could even tank more than once serious attacks from The Phoenix:

[[4]]

[[5]]

[[6]]

Keep with the Avengers, inclusing Thor:

[[7]]

Even the combined strenght of Thor and She Hulk can do nothing to him:

[[8]]

Could Kill Apocalypse ( A 4-B character) more than once:

[[9]]

[[10]]

Save X-men from Galactus:

[[11]]

Put the Inhuman real Family Down:

[[12]]

Could go out free of Thor Ball, Hyperion, 4-B character, could not do the Same

[[13]]

Upgrading with more feats

Repel a bloodlust Sentry:

[[14]]

Hurt Bad the Phoenix:

[[15]]

Have more stranght in his magnetism than Hercules:

[[16]]

Resist a shoot that, in theory, is hotter than Sun

[[17]]

Tank attacks from HErcules and Ghost Rider

[[18]]

[[19]]

easily defeats MODOK

[[20]]

Destroys Adamantium Sentinel:

[[21]]

Restrais Rogue with Captain MArvel powers:

[[22]]

Code:
Block attacks from Thor:
[[23]]

[[24]]

Just to make it clear, besides the Tier I also suggest the speed upgrade, as he can keep up with all these characters, even more than one without overloading.

I thought the tag was calling them to the conversation. Alright, I'll go to their profiles later, thanks.

Did a few verifications, currently Magneto seemingly doesn't scale to anyone, so this is only this character being upgraded. The current listed feats for Magneto's 5-A contradict the 4-B, since they're his limiting feats i.e. the 5-A is potrayed as his maximum capacity.

Now, for my opinion on the upgrade, problem here is, he's definitely not 4-A, and the Phoenix examples are PIS as hell. And frankly, except for the Captain Spider-Man one, most of them is him bypassing comventional damage rather than damaging them. "He repelled Mjolnir" no shit, that's his power. "He pushed off Hercules and MODOK by using metal in their body" again, no shit. Also, let's not forget Magneto isn't the most reliable narrator, so there's reason to believe he is BSing in the Avengers example.

This isn't him producing any energy, or firing some beam that hurts a 4-B, this is him ignoring their 4-B rating. By this logic, any character that has slightly moved a 4-B is their tier.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong, but this seems alotta outlierish and misinterpreted stuff.

I will add however, Magneto's speed upgrade from SOL to MFTL+ seems fine, given he can definitively react to both X-Men and General Marvel MFTL+s.

The OP could have just summed it up with "He can manipulate metal to this extent", most of these feats have literally nothing to do with direct AP or durability, like at all, also, magneto for the most part has been shown to be relative to the likes of wolverine, cyclops, etc. I don't think MFTL+ seems that consistent

No, Cyclops and Wolverine aren't comparable to him in speed at all (especially not Wolverine...) and he has always kept up with the likes of Thor and Apocalypse and hell, even Phoenix, so Massively FTL+ isn't that far-fetched, especially considering his current speed level is kinda FTL already

Well, I am personally convinced that Marvel's sheer inconsistency likely makes our relative speed ratings for the characters very unreliable. For example, we rate lots of powerhouse characters as having higher combat speed than Quicksilver, even though Spider-Ma is generally treated as having a speed advantage to them.

I was essentially about to write what Zark and Hy just did, so TL;DR I do not believe there is much merit for this upgrade to take place given the evidence provided. Magneto's current tiering comes from a feat that directly contradicts this rating.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am personally convinced that Marvel's sheer inconsistency likely makes our relative speed ratings for the characters very unreliable. For example, we rate lots of powerhouse characters as having higher combat speed than Quicksilver, even though Spider-Ma is generally treated as having a speed advantage to them.
Probably because I reckon people are listing travel speed instead of reaction speed, which ends up giving cosmic characters insane numbers. I remember seeing characters like Rogue and Captain Marvel listed as Sub-Relativistic+ by travel feat, with the far more important reaction speeds being absent. There may be a need to make a massive CRT for the speed issue, but seeing as the verse already went through with a gigantic CRT process, it'd likely be best to wait a while

@SuperAPM

Thank you. I think that we should close this thread soon then.

@Zark2099

Actually, the problem is that they treat flight speed and combat/reaction speed as automatically comparable. I disagree with this, given how their relative speeds are almost consistently treated by Marvel, but I have kept being outvoted whenever I brought it up over the years.

@Antvasima That seems bizarre... given when the same point was brought up for MCU Captain Marvel, most people seemed with agreement on not scaling flight speed to any other speed. I reckon the views on topic may have changed, or maybe people just hate MCU Danvers so much they're willing to downgrade her easily

Anyhow, almost everyone here has disagreed on the changes, so this should be closed

Okay. If some of you wish to prepare a revision thread for the speed levels of our Marvel Comics characters, feel free to discuss the issue with me via my message wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back