• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade for the InuYasha verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the calculation been evaluated? Also, I feel it might help arranging the scaling if Yashahime profiles get made. Though, they also need their scaling to be made, so....
Well, hopefully folks can figure out something for it.

First keep the thread alive and not let it die out, but we need this calc evaluated asap. This threads been going on since March

Klol saying it cannot be calculated
I am not saying it can't be calculated outright, I'm just saying that we lack the necessary measuring sticks to scale off of to get the meteor size. Because nobody has collected any screenshots where nearby buildings can be used to properly scale the meteor's size.

I am not saying it can't be calculated outright, I'm just saying that we lack the necessary measuring sticks to scale off of to get the meteor size. Because nobody has collected any screenshots where nearby buildings can be used to properly scale the meteor's size.
So we need new measuring sticks / scans?

Basically yes, we need to find shots that can give them solid comparisons to pixel scale off of.

Episode 44 pretty much has everything you need, though in episode 15 Sesshomaru And Inuyasha have a similar feat on a much smaller scale, noting that this was just a small fragment of the real thing much later in the series.

Episode 44 pretty much has everything you need, though in episode 15 Sesshomaru And Inuyasha have a similar feat on a much smaller scale, noting that this was just a small fragment of the real thing much later in the series.
You are talking about 16 season anime (+4 films) + a new canon story, 44 episodes what :cry:

Oh I thought we all knew it was Yashahime lel my bad. Season 3 episode 44
the fact I watched every episode non-stop + all 4 films... damn this days- I RLY HAD nothing to do except to watch every episode.
bro I even watched non-canon ones. LITERALLY addiction

I just watched the clip and it litterely shows the meteor and it's size comparison to japan in the clip. It can 100% be calculated.

I just watched the clip and it litterely shows the meteor and it's size comparison to japan in the clip. It can 100% be calculated.

There’s also angels of it seem from space in comparison to the planet which it is decently large,though I guess in comparison to Japan makes most sense.

Also this comet will apparently life wipe the planet??? Can’t recall what episode it’s stated

Also this comet will apparently life wipe the planet??? Can’t recall what episode it’s stated
Countless times throughout the show it's stated to lifewipe, but not via impact alone, but via the demonic miasma inside of it.

It's also important to note that ang sizing is common. Some objects look bigger than they actually are due to being closer to the first person viewer's perception.

Ang-sizing's gonna be a bitch on this one.

Though, we have formulas for finding far out distances, and for finding object sizes far away provided we have a stated distance between the two. The latter would work here but first we'd need to figure out how high the meteor is from Tokyo (Tokyo's size is easy enough, just use Google Maps to find one particular part of Japan) in order to be able to use the latter method.

Ang-sizing's gonna be a bitch on this one.

Though, we have formulas for finding far out distances, and for finding object sizes far away provided we have a stated distance between the two. The latter would work here but first we'd need to figure out how high the meteor is from Tokyo (Tokyo's size is easy enough, just use Google Maps to find one particular part of Japan) in order to be able to use the latter method.
Ill do my best. Can the same angsizing equation I used in my previous calcs be used for this?

Ill do my best. Can the same angsizing equation I used in my previous calcs be used for this?
It'll use a different formula.

• Object size = 2*tan(70deg/2) * distance from point of view to object * object height in pixels / panel height in pixels
The distance from point of view to object however, in this case, cannot be ang-sized, you'll need to find some other solid value like cloud height from ground or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back