• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InuYasha Comet Calc

Season 2 episode 20 of Yashahime showcased a top tier demon flying to space and back then stopping comet from falling. Later grabbing it with one arm and dragging it through space and time.

Context. Osamu Kirin is the reincarnation of Kirinmaru. He was born from the severed hand of Kirinmaru. Either he's equal to Kirinmaru or he only contains the strength of just one arm similar to Inuyasha scale to Sesshomaru. Either way speed needs to be scaled to the rest of the cast. We have a moment when the comet is falling and the girls are talking to Osama. Meaning they perceive time differently. They attack the comet with multiple attacks and even push it back a little.

Kirinmaru is equal to that of Sesshomaru. We can scale to other characters as needed.

One of the feats in question
Comet stopping feat

aa86a841faa7b6e224a601c56cb750bf.png

Curvature correction​

sqrt(1-(tan(35)(2864/1032))^2/((tan(35)(2864/1032))^2+1))*12742 = 7713.1728682 km

7651/2895 =2.64283246978

Comet Diameter: 2.69314695119*402=1082.64507438 km =1082645.07438m

Volume​

V=43πr^3

1082645.07438m/2=541322.53719m

Volume: (4 ÷ 3)π × 541322.53719^3

6.64441784E+17 m3

The average density of porous rock 1500 kg/m^3

Mass

m = p * V

Mass = 1500*6.64441784E+17 = 9.96662676E+20

KE​

K.E. = 1/2 m v2

mass: 9.96662676E+20

Velocity: Average Re-entry 11000m/s

KE= 6.0298091898E+28 J = 14.411589841778364 Exatons = Multi-Continent

What's your thoughts so far on this one?

Last edited:
Average re-entry speed is 11 km/s

Also, add deg after 35. Then put it in a blog for evaluation.

As for scaling, most of the cast had a shit time doing so, I think most of the effort was by Osamu Kirin?

Also, the meteor keeps changing sizes constantly on both land and in air so not sure if curvature is the best course of action for this.

As for scaling, most of the cast had a shit time doing so, I think most of the effort was by Osamu Kirin?

Also, the meteor keeps changing sizes constantly on both land and in air so not sure if curvature is the best course of action for this.
I think this should be made as a blog and re-evaluated again. Should I do it or you can do that? It has been 6 months at far-

I think this should be made as a blog and re-evaluated again. Should I do it or you can do that? It has been 6 months at far-
IDK if I can, since the meteor is just so inconsistent in its size showings.

is the amount of different sizes its shown at reasonable to do a calc for each and then average it or something

Can we not take lowball? Safest move?
Problem is, what are you going to scale that off of? All the nearby buildings are too far away to use as measuring sticks, and the meteor is too far away.

Worse still, the meteor wasn't destroyed in a single hit, it was shaved away slowly and made smaller to make it easier to blow up.

Problem is, what are you going to scale that off of? All the nearby buildings are too far away to use as measuring sticks, and the meteor is too far away.

Worse still, the meteor wasn't destroyed in a single hit, it was shaved away slowly and made smaller to make it easier to blow up.
Mhm, can't we use a safe assumption then?

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm planning on making a calc.
After I create the blog post on vsbattles fandom, do I just create a thread here and link it?

Ya but the feat can't be ignored? Because it can't be calculated, we don't count it as feat huh?
Correct.

So yeah, get to collecting scans so that someone can calc it properly.

Correct.

So yeah, get to collecting scans so that someone can calc it properly.
Damn, never knew a feat that can't be calculated should not be counted as a legitimate feat. I learned something new today.

Damn, never knew a feat that can't be calculated should not be counted as a legitimate feat. I learned something new today.
Without an energy yield to the feat, it can't even be indexed as a feat to begin with here.

Without an energy yield to the feat, it can't even be indexed as a feat to begin with here.
I thought the context and lore matter. Only because we don't have a measurement tool for the feat presented in the show, does not mean the feat does not exist.
Alright, the feat can't be counted, what are you going to call this then?

I thought the context and lore matter. Only because we don't have a measurement tool for the feat presented in the show, does not mean the feat does not exist.
Alright, the feat can't be counted, what are you going to call this then?
With curvature or the side efects? Tier 6, which I seriously doubt anyone would scale to other than Osamu Kirin himself who used telekinesis to halt its effects.

As for destroying the meteor itself? That's what I'm saying is unquantifiable because we can't appropriately figure out the size to find the volume they'd need to bust up.

Should we have a placeholder? Sure as a humanity-killing comet, it has its own bases. 10km would be 100 million megatons. (Which this one is much bigger than that but it's fine until calc is put together)
We can add a base feat for the min here for now. The manga will probably have much more impressive stuff along the way. But we haven't even gotten to the fallen chucks yet.

With curvature or the side efects? Tier 6, which I seriously doubt anyone would scale to other than Osamu Kirin himself who used telekinesis to halt its effects.

As for destroying the meteor itself? That's what I'm saying is unquantifiable because we can't appropriately figure out the size to find the volume they'd need to bust up.
Osamu Kirin pulled that thing with one arm. Demon strength gets scaled.
This feat scales down to most of the verse. The girls pushed it back a little, but that wasn't the important part.

Osamu Kirin is Krinmaru's left arm. Meaning he's equal to if not weaker than Krinmaru, who possesses the full and true body. Sesshomaru when he went all out beat the Krinmaru down. Toga ( InuYasha's father also beat Krinmaru). This feat scales to the top demons, even Demons like Naraku get a taste of it. The feat wasn't just telekinesis it was strength if it was simple telekinesis he wouldn't of been sent backward. It's it smarter to create a barrier rather than use your small body? It'd be like trying to hold an egg with a needle. The surface area isn't great enough with your hands. Plus that comet releases flesh-melting Miasma.

Osamu Kirin pulled that thing with one arm. Demon strength gets scaled.
This feat scales down to most of the verse. The girls pushed it back a little, but that wasn't the important part.

Osamu Kirin is Krinmaru's left arm. Meaning he's equal to if not weaker than Krinmaru, who possesses the full and true body. Sesshomaru when he went all out beat the Krinmaru down. Toga ( InuYasha's father also beat Krinmaru). This feat scales to the top demons, even Demons like Naraku get a taste of it. The feat wasn't just telekinesis it was strength if it was simple telekinesis he wouldn't of been sent backward. It's it smarter to create a barrier rather than use your small body? It'd be like trying to hold an egg with a needle. The surface area isn't great enough with your hands. Plus that comet releases flesh-melting Miasma.
I see.

Well, you'd still need to find a nearby building to find the meteor's size if you want to have the slightest of hopes of calculating its true size within the Earth.

In that case this is not possible, perhaps blowing up the Tokyo Metropolitan area would do?

Back