• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade DB Goku and Tao Pai Pai (and General Blue)

This is is for their Attack Potency, but not their Destructive Capacity. It'll be pretty straightforward and I'll avoid using statements.

So, it starts with Arale Norimaki. In chapter 15, page 08 of Dr. Slump she punctures and destroys the sun, which, obviously, gives her Star level DC. This is also mentioned on her profile.

She later appears in Dragon Ball, where she gets into conflict with General Blue. In chapter 83, page 08 and 09 (of DB) she attacks Gerenal Blue, but General Blue escapes with minimal damage, which should give him Star level Durability.

A few chapters later General Blue faces off against Tao Pai Pai, and Tao Pai Pai literally one-shots General Blue, which should give him Star level AP.

Attack Potency: A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.

And according to the Durability section, someone who's able to put out a certain amount of energy should also be able to withstand it, otherwise their bodies would break apart from the strain.

Durability: Logically, characters capable of physically achieving a certain degree of energy output, must be able to at least withstand a comparable amount of damage, or their bodies would break apart from the strain and automatic counterforce, whenever they exert themselves.

Goku, after training with Karin, easily withstands Tao Pai Pai's attacks and beats him in chapter 92.
Conclusion:

General Blue has Star level Durability.

Tao Pai Pai has Star level Durability and Attack Potency.

Kid Goku has Star level Durability and Attack Potency.

Wait lol I thought it was something serious like new juicy Arguments for like Tier 7 tao pai pai or like maybe upgraded General blue calc
But when I saw this I kinda laughed & I am disappointed I thought it really was something new juicy Arguments or new calcs

Arale is a gag character and such feats don't scale back to Goku. And even if it did, in the sense of the story it's patently an outlier.

EDIT: Upon feedback, I am reopening this thread and moving it to Fun and Games board.

Last edited:
I'm deadass when I say this, like no bullshit.

If this gets accepted, remove the Outlier page from the Vs Battle Wiki in less than 24 hours of this being accepted.
It won't be, but why would this AP feat be considered an outlier?

Arale is a gag character and such feats don't scale back to Goku. And even if it did, in the sense of the story it's patently an outlier.

EDIT: Upon feedback, I am reopening this thread and moving it to Fun and Games board.
It did though. Via General Blue and Tao Pai Pai.

Dr Slump has never been considered canon to Dragon Ball; and honestly, that means Arale should probably get another profile for her Dragon Ball version and her Super key should be moved there. And even if it was, Arale is a gag character who is all over the place and doesn't really go all out in all her fights; not to mention, Blue literally should not scale from her at all. She literally curb stomps Blue with an extremely casual attack.

So yeah no, we are not upgrading a bunch of fodder characters from the Dragon Ball era to Star level.

Dr Slump has never been considered canon to Dragon Ball; and honestly, that means Arale should probably get another profile for her Dragon Ball version and her Super key should be moved there. And even if it was, Arale is a gag character who is all over the place and doesn't really go all out in all her fights; not to mention, Blue literally should not scale from her at all. She literally curb stomps Blue with an extremely casual attack.

So yeah no, we are not upgrading a bunch of fodder characters from the Dragon Ball era to Star level.
I'd understand a different profile for DBS Arale, because Toriyama wasn't involved, but there's absolutely no reason to assume that the Arale in DB is an alternate version. Also, as far as we know, she wasn't using her full power to puncture the sun either, so this wouldn't change the scale.

If this gets accepted, does this mean I can have High 3-A to Low 2-C Fairy Tail God Tiers?
Stop lowballing please. Ultear can compress infinite universes and throw them to attack.
Acnologia has surpassed space and time; Selene transcends dimensions. Both and those who scale are Outerverse level.
I'm disappointed in you smh.

On a side-note, let's also upgrade Xenolith to Outerverse level since True Gravity transcends even concepts

IIRC a PL of 10,000 is considered as a standard for Planet bursting in Dragon Ball.
At the level of General Blue, power increases exponentially with PL.

It happened in the Red Ribbon Army arc. Why would they need extra DC feats to validate thier AP feats?
I mean considering the peak power of early DB (Emperor Pilaf to the Piccolo Jr fight) was only Moon level and said power was treated as being the peak of their power at the time, I think it's safe to assume that Star level would be an outlier on top of the whole scaling them to a gag character not really being a good idea

Welp, I guess following this logic, maybe DBS Goku is 1-A after all

But in all seriousness, I'm shocked this was a serious CRT rather than a joke or something

When was another instance where someone destroyed a star in DB?
It only happened once, which was in the RRA arc. But this post wasn't about DC, though. Why would they need extra DC feats to validate their AP feats?
Attack Potency: A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.

I mean considering the peak power of early DB (Emperor Pilaf to the Piccolo Jr fight) was only Moon level and said power was treated as being the peak of their power at the time, I think it's safe to assume that Star level would be an outlier on top of the whole scaling them to a gag character not really being a good idea
King Piccolo said something about destroying the '''world'' but the rest is mainly Moon level, yeah. Most of which correlates to their DC, though, not their AP. But I do agree that scaling them to Star level via a gag character is not a good idea.

Let me just clarify that I didn't think this would get accepted nor do I think these three characters are Star level. I was mainly interested in the counters, but I do think the word outlier is being thrown around to loosely by some.

Even if it is considered relatively smaller, it isn't to the degree of average Planets being as large as Stars of our universe.
In fact, considering the fact that mortal universe in Dragon Ball is based off our known universe, (existence of other 7 Planets in SS, Milky-way, etc...) average Planet size if we look at our solar system would already be significantly larger than that of Earth's

He's just moving it to where it belongs, to it's rightful place. This big brain post is too advanced to be included under CRT. And the OP admitted it too anyways, that he doesn't think Tao is Star level but just wanted to flex his big brain on plebs.

Even if it is considered relatively smaller, it isn't to the degree of average Planets being as large as Stars of our universe.
In fact, considering the fact that mortal universe in Dragon Ball is based off our known universe, (existence of other 7 Planets in SS, Milky-way, etc...) average Planet size if we look at our solar system would already be significantly larger than that of Earth's
Well i didnt say its star sized i just say average planets are much larger than earth obviously they are not star sized

How do you know DB planets are by default larger than Earth? Earth is actually a pretty high mass planet for a terrestrial planet (meaning a non-gas/ice giant)

How do you know DB planets are by default larger than Earth? Earth is actually a pretty high mass planet for a terrestrial planet (meaning a non-gas/ice giant)
King cold & mecha frieza called it tiny planet thats why while dodoria called Namek not too big planet so likely an average planet
This is actually very old point also they called Super dragon balls planet sized orbs over with 37000 km diameter while earth's only around 12800 km this point is kinda new & I thought it recently u can say its kinda vague here though the previous point is very old

If that is true, and the average planet in Universe 7 is much bigger than Earth, then a few calcs (such as Frieza destroying Planet Vegeta) would need to be updated to be upgraded accrodingly. Are there any statements for what an average sized planet in DB looks like?

Back