• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Premise

So, recently the Tiering Changes occurred so a few updates to D&D profiles need put through. This should be fairly uncontroversial since most of this is just revising them to match the site's standards more accurately.

Changes
A few tiers have seen some change or have been expanded on so I'll go over all relevant ones now.

High 2-A
About five D&D pages were High 2-A until recently (The Lady of Pai, Ao, The Serpent, Thanatos, and Rad). They've been updated to Low 1-C. Ao, Lady of Pain, and Serpent are all invariably "5-D". Rad and Thanatos each have a 5-D and a 6-D rating (both are Low 1-C). So High 2-A is outright nyxed.

High 1-B
High 1-B as tier has been expanded into High 1-B and Low 1-A. Low 1-A is defined as transcending High 1-B but not actually entering into Outerversal (1-A) levels. To my knowledge, nobody of the High 1-B profiles (literally just Rad) qualifies as Low 1-A. So no changes, merely explaining how he works.

1-A
1-A is now expanded into 1-A and High 1-A. For the most part, it is believed that the D&D profiles are 1-A with no variation. The possible exception to this rule is Luminous Being who has a possibility for High 1-A. The TL;DR of this is based around this line of High 1-A's descriptor.

Note that simply adding more "layers" to an already infinite 1-A hierarchy (or some structure of equivalent size) is not enough to reach this tier, and one must be completely external and unreachable by it in any form.
~ Tiering System​
So it isn't about the number of "layers". It's about the access from 1-A to High 1-A. We're currently going with the many implications that Lumi is the DM. Going by that logic, Lumi is High 1-A by right of no matter how many layers of transcendence of 1-A the characters make, they won't ever access Lumi's tier, with Lumi being defaultly more powerful than the characters in his game.

Worst comes to worse we'll refer to Lumi as "At least 1-A, likely High 1-A".

Conclusions

• All High 2-A is now Low 1-C
  • High 1-B is unchaged despite changes to the tier
  • All 1-As remain 1-A except for Lumi, who is potentially High 1-A.

I think "At least 1-A, likely High 1-A" works for Lumi. Since I can't really confirm if he is transcendent over the system or just stronger than everything else.

Also on the LoP page, the Ao link is dead for some reason.

I'll take a look at the Lady of Pain page, thanks for the tip.

Lady's link is fixed, anything else?

Yeah the changes should be pretty straightforward since everything is pretty explict. Although you may want to add in a link to Father in the Lumi profile for further scaling.

"Low 1-A is defined as transcending High 1-B but not actually entering into Outerversal (1-A)"

Low 1-A is having an uncountably infinite number of dimension (or layers or whatever), I don't think transcending a normal infinite D character/structure will qualify, which is what I'm assuming you mean by "transcending High 1-B"

It's currently unknown if he's transcendent over the Far Realm which is a 1-A place, or just vastly more powerful than everyone in it. If it was just Mystara scaling he probably would only be Low 1-A or just 1-A for being transcendent over a bunch of High 1-Bs.

Andytrenom said:
"Low 1-A is defined as transcending High 1-B but not actually entering into Outerversal (1-A)"
Low 1-A is having an uncountably infinite number of dimension (or layers or whatever), I don't think transcending a normal infinite D character/structure will qualify, which is what I'm assuming you mean by "transcending High 1-B"
Transcending is the word Aeyu used in a simplified explanation, Low 1-A is being beyond a system of infinite dimensional structures to the point where the structure is irrelevant to you, but you don't have enough context to accurately be called 1-A. Like I said, this doesn't matter because Low 1-A isn't a tier D&D goes into.

I trust Mr. Bambu's sense of judgement, but you should probably ask Ultima for input about the Luminous Being. It seems very uncertain to me.

Yeah, I've spoken to Aeyu who in turn has spoken to Ultima, I'm waiting for their final judgement on the thing. I asked two days ago and haven't gotten a response back but to be fair I'm willing to bet they're dealing with a lot of this stuff rn, so I'm in no big hurry.

Yes, they are probably experiencing a taste of what I go through every single day.

Could be, but either way I'm mostly just awaiting a response.

Yes. I just mean that this revision probably puts a lot of demand on Ultima.

I still think that this seems fine, with the possible exception of the Luminous Being.

Yep, still waiting on a response from Aeyu and Ultima.

After all these months...

I have finally gotten a concrete answer out of Aeyu regarding possible High 1-A rating for Luminous Being. After presenting evidence on and off, she's finally discussed with me and believes High 1-A makes sense in the following way:

Lumi is the metafictional top of the hierarchy. We have confirmed that he is interchangeable with the Dungeon Master. We have confirmed that layers of transcendence occur in the 1-A realms of Dungeons and Dragons, namely in regards to Uvuudaum and Father Llymic, the former being a layer of transcendence over the latter (think of it as the 1-A equivalent of Low 2-C vs 10-B).

We also agree that, given Lumi's acceptance as the Dungeon Master, D&D allows for modification of the cosmology at the whims of such a DM. Given that, in canon, Lumi could potentially create a cosmology of infinitely layered 1-A structures (a thing we know to exist thanks to Uvuudaum being a layer above Father) and they would never reach his level.

Thus, her suggestion is "1-A, potentially High 1-A", which I can agree to.

I've been fine with "1-A, potentially/possibly High 1-A" ever since the Old Ones revisions and the 1-A Far Realm CRT. So I'm in agreement.

Though when if we edit the profile, I do think we should link to Rad and the Far Realm dude's directly for an easier explanation.

That's fine if you think it'll be easier. Given that Aeyu made the proposal and we have two staff familiar with the verse in agreement, I think we could get Xulrev or Udl to comment and then could put this through.

I can buy a "potentially High 1-A" rating for the Luminous Being, as well. Although, wasn't there some discussion regarding the possibility of it not being the literal DM and just an in-universe avatar of them, or something? Forgot how that went out.

There was, with me and Agnaa. However.

- I directed Agnaa to the post from game creators saying, basically, "it can be whatever you want, but we think it's the Dungeon Master themself" (linked on Lumi's profile)

- All knowledgeable members currently disagree, asked each one and each agreed in some amount of words that Lumi = DM

Okay, with Ultima and Aeyu's blessing, this is done, finally, after Aeyu told me to upgrade them months ago then never talked about the subject agai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back