• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Sentry to Tier 2-C: Low Multiverse level

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Strong Is Sentry!? (Marvel Comics)
How Strong Is Sentry!? (Marvel Comics)

I was watching one of Chuck the Cyber Chuck's video where he was talking about Sentry a.k.a. Marvel Superman, and he pointed out many things that I have missed from reading Sentry's comics. Apparently Sentry lost to World War Hulk was not because he was holding back, which he wasn't, but because he was mentally ill at that time. Sentry even lost to Blue Marvel in a fight was because Sentry was being exposed to a substance that he was vulnerable against. Now before someone points out to me that Chuck was wanking Sentry to Multi-Solar System at the conclusion of his video, which I also agree is a wank, he still openly admitted in the video that Sentry beating Molecule Man in a fight is an outlier, so he is not completely lost in the head.
Now, I'm not 100% sure if this is an outlier or not, or Chuck was simply wanking Sentry, but at the end of the video, he talked about of how the Void after being separated from Sentry manhandled Doctor Strange in a fight before possessing him, Doctor Strange at that time being 2-C due to Yggdrasil Power. Since Sentry now merged with the same Void, he would now be twice as strong as Doctor Strange was.

Now the big question to be addressed, is Void's feat over Doctor Strange considered an outlier/pis/cis in this wiki similar to Sentry wopping Molecule Man in a fight? If not, can we have ourselves a 2-C Sentry in this wiki? After all, Merged Sentry is a brand new character introduced to Marvel Comics, and we still don't have a clear full cut of his powers and abilities yet.

Doctor Strange is super inconsistent and doesn't always use his full power. And he's a glass cannon. We shouldn't scale Sentry from him for stuff like that. Also, I recall Hulk shaking the multiverse was an outlier.

iirc it was stated that Sentry's reality warping powers make Wanda's reality warping during house of M look like nothing...

Genericstickman said:
This is an outlier to the t since it'd imply WWH is 2-C too and that'd make things bad
If you don't mind me asking, what's the 2-C feat that World War Hulk has? Hulk in general have way to many outliers.

Sentry beating MM wasn't PiS, it was just MM not having control over his powers due to his fragile mental state. In the same story he took multiple attempts to overpower Wolverine's son's healing factor. So Sentry wasn't overpowering a Tier 2-1 MM.

Doctor Strange, be it Classic or Modern, varies extremly hard and unless it's consistent I wouldn't recommend scaling Sentry to him. I'm not against it per say, just that it could very well just be inconsistent with later showings.

Sentry's most consistent statement is "Having the strength of over one million supernovas; or just over one Megafoe. And he's noticeably stronger than Base Thor, Savage Hulk and Silver Surfer, but not to the point where he's on another tier. He's around World War Hulk's level.

Yeah, unless the new Sentry gets consistent Tier 2 stuff I wouldn't recommend any upgrade.

As before, If the new Sentry shows that he's consistently 2-C sure. But standard Sentry doesn't have the supporting evidence outside of a unsupported WoG comment.

I don't think he has any on screen showing of it. I guess it's possible for him to have it and just be really incompetent with using it in fights. Wouldn't be the first for a superhero

What about Tier 2 Merged with the Void Sentry?He basically has the powers of both of his personalities and can use them freely.And as was shown he is superior to Avengers and even states that they can do nothing to him.

He would need a different key though.

Edit:Sentry 2018.

How is a 1 megafoe character being casually superior to three kilofoe characters evidence for Tier 2? If anything that's just more consistent 4-B showings.

It's best to ask people like Matthew Schroeder, TheSandMan, or PrinceoftheMorning.

Sentry is 1 megafoe in base and 2 in his new form. 4-B ranges from 22.77 foe to 20.08 Terrafoe. Its a rather wide tier.

Isn't Void massively superior to Sentry?This isn't 1+1 if I am not mistaken.We have to look at Voids feats and statements. I am familiar only with three main Sentry Comics.

We are not going to change Sentry's tier, but Weekly can replace the image of his new form if he wishes.

Okay. He has never used such abilities in a practical manner though.

Qawsedf234 said:
Sentry is 1 megafoe in base and 2 in his new form. 4-B ranges from 22.77 foe to 20.08 Terrafoe. Its a rather wide tier.
2 MegaFoe would make him 5x times stronger compared to rest of the 4-B cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back