• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Shouldn't Sentry be Tier 2-A: Multiverse level+?

Source: Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, Issue #2. Publication: Oct 16, 2019.

Nearly three months before we are told that Thor has Odinforce in Thor Issue #1. - Immortalgodd

According to this YouTube video that I found, Sentry was able to fight on par with King Thor and even managed to overwhelm him to the point other Avengers had to step in to assist King Thor. This is also Sentry who was losing control of the Void inside of him causing the reality to collapse just from him existing, so he wasn't at his strongest in this fight despite being in his merged state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the last comment...

Which issue is this from? It's required to source issues for comic revisions.

You can’t just post a YouTube video as a CRT, as noted in the Discussion Rules:
Please refrain from creating content revision threads that consist solely of links to off-site sources (such as Youtube, Reddit, other VS forums, etc.) and have no discernible arguments of their own. Many of these sources are not made with our specific standards in mind, lack proper source references, and may contain a lot of arguments that have already been discussed or are useless for the purpose of the relevant threads, which makes them hard to evaluate.
You need to list specific scans and the comic that each scan came from.

Besides the last comment...

Which issue is this from? It's required to source issues for comic revisions.
Its from Agents of Wakanda. Thor gets Odinforce after the War of the Realms, specifically months later the war at least from my memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not just that, this is basically copypasting someone else's argument who isn't even on this site to defend his views on the matter by himself. Nothing original exists here of OP's own mind that serves to explain why the video is correct or incorrect.

Huh? I have seen constantly a lot of content revisions that involve YT videoes as well as using them as references in the profile?

Am I missing something?

Huh? I have seen constantly a lot of content revisions that involve YT videoes as well as using them as references in the profile?

Am I missing something?
You can use YouTube videos for scans or general education, but the second your entire CRT is a YouTube video and practically nothing else, then it crosses into the realm of breaking the rules.

You can use YouTube videos for scans or general education, but the second your entire CRT is a YouTube video and practically nothing else, then it crosses into the realm of breaking the rules.
If I am not understanding it wrong, the YT video that he linked shows scans for his CRT.
I thought he was using someone's scaling YT video, but it does not look like that.

But ya, I guess it is on his side to clarify his thread's premise properly.

Well, if it was King Thor, and profile should be correct, then I agree.

I would even argue he should upscale, since it appears at the time his balance was offset by whatever evil thing he had, and his entire thing is about his powers being stability dependant.

According to Sentry's profile, his durability is 2-C for surviving hits from King Thor, and King Thor is 2-A not 2-C. Or is this an error on the making of Sentry's profile and Thor's profile?😕
"King Thor" has no concrete tier. He has varied a lot throughout his appearances. In Jurgens' run he was vaguely above the Avengers before slowly coming to his powers and that culminating at Rune King in Ragnarok. Post Ragnarok- he is weak as **** and the "tanking hits" that Sentry's profile lists in durability section is of a former King Thor who has emptied the Odinforce. Even in the video used, if I am not wrong, he hasn't come into Odinforce.

"King Thor" has no concrete tier. He has varied a lot throughout his appearances. In Jurgens' run he was vaguely above the Avengers before slowly coming to his powers and that culminating at Rune King in Ragnarok. Post Ragnarok- he is weak as **** and the "tanking hits" that Sentry's profile lists in durability section is of a former King Thor who has emptied the Odinforce. Even in the video used, if I am not wrong, he hasn't come into Odinforce.
Yeah someone needs to definitely fix Thor's profile here. Also you are telling me that wasn't King Thor that Merged Sentry was fighting against in the video, but Standard Thor? Didn't the event of this fight took place way after Odin's dethrone?

Yeah someone needs to definitely fix Thor's profile here. Also you are telling me that wasn't King Thor that Merged Sentry was fighting against in the video, but Standard Thor? Didn't the event of this fight took place way after Odin's dethrone?
To determine anything, we need the comic source's name, issue #, and publishing date. We haven't gotten them yet.

To determine anything, we need the comic source's name, issue #, and publishing date. We haven't gotten them yet.
Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, Issue #2. Publication: Oct 16, 2019. Nearly three months before we are told that Thor has Odinforce in Thor Issue #1.

If I am not understanding it wrong, the YT video that he linked shows scans for his CRT.
I thought he was using someone's scaling YT video, but it does not look like that.

But ya, I guess it is on his side to clarify his thread's premise properly.
Check previous comic book CRTs, YouTube videos are not used even simply dumping scans without citations can't be used.

Thor Vol 6 1 was published on January 1 2020, which is after this comic was released. Afaik, there is nothing suggesting Thor has the Odinforce in this comic where he fights The Sentry
Standard Thor was barely a match against Void Sentry let alone Death Seed Sentry who clown Standard Thor with few hits. Merged Sentry is much stronger than the former and yet Standard Thor was matching him blow to blow? Impossible unless Thor was being amped in that fight or he just gotten that much stronger.

Standard Thor was barely a match against Void Sentry let alone Death Seed Sentry who clown Standard Thor with few hits. Merged Sentry is much stronger than the former and yet Standard Thor was matching him blow to blow? Impossible unless Thor was being amped in that fight or he just gotten that much stronger.
Sentry has a Varies rating for a reason. His power level isn't fixed and can be much higher or lower depending on his mental state.

Back