• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unwritten, Fables, and DC Continuity Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because there isn’t evidence of it NOT being canon doesn’t mean that IS canon.
I never argued this so I don’t know why you’re even responding to me.
Did the Unwritten just miss the entire cosmology of DC, and vice versa?
I personally think it truly comes down to how you interpret it. Like Greenshifter said some people, interpret the Unwritten as an expansion of DC. Which I guess would make sense.

Last edited:
I never argued this so I don’t know why you’re even responding to me.
To be honest I assumed you took the same position as king, so this was unfair of me
I personally think it truly comes down to how you interpret it. Like Greenshifter said some people, interpret the Unwritten as an expansion of DC. Which I guess would make sense.
honestly I agree with this, it could be, but I don’t think it should be considered canon as of now

If you read carefully, I don't think I have disagreed with this, and ofc, I haven't agreed with it either.

Since, according to you, I don't read DC comics at all, why don't you go ahead and explain to me why this verse should be considered canon to other verse? And I mean, really really explain, going full in details of all cosmological references and whatnot.
The evidence I provided is enough, since the only evidence for it being non canon is it being creator owned, and I proved that creator owned comics are canon so its not a valid reason for it to be non canon

uhh no its that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence also they clearly are strawmans

Send links, rather then just blanket statements of "i think its this issue actually wait its this issue"

Also i didn't ignore your argument, because i never made it in the first place dumbass.

You have not facilitated the requirement of Sagan's standard and thus i can evoke Hitchen's Razor. I can't debunk something you've provided no substantial evidence for, because what is there to debunk? Nothing you've stated directly confirms Unwritten to be canonical to DC, or how the verses would interlink cosmology wise if they did. All you've done is assert your rhetoric.
I gave enough evidence, you haven't proved its not enough evidence

Send links, rather then just blanket statements of "i think its this issue actually wait its this issue"

This is proof you didn't read the OP, I did post links in it

You have not facilitated the requirement of Sagan's standard and thus i can evoke Hitchen's Razor. I can't debunk something you've provided no substantial evidence for, because what is there to debunk? Nothing you've stated directly confirms Unwritten to be canonical to DC, or how the verses would interlink cosmology wise if they did. All you've done is assert your rhetoric.

Yeah you didn't even read the OP

You don’t even understand what you’re arguing. You brought the guidebook and tried using it as evidence for why the Unwritten should be considered evidence. As I’ve already explained, the guidebook never actually mentions the Unwritten, so this is a non argument

This is something I’ve already explained. The cosmologies are incompatible because the Unwritten’s cosmology has never been mentioned or referenced to within DC, or vice versa. Where does the presence fit into DC if the leviathan is actually the supreme being? Where is the hierarchy of worlds in DC and where does it fit into the cosmology? Where is the Overvoid and the super celestials? You can’t just claim that the DC and the Unwritten are canon and refuse to elaborate on how they would fit into their cosmologies.

Yes, there is, when the comic book in question isn’t DC owned. The green lantern has consistently appeared in the verse and is a DC title/character, none of this applies to the Unwritten.

When I said “fables comic” I was referring to the characters, not the comic book series itself.

1. I already explained why they’re incompatible

2. What evidence do you have that the Leviathan embodies DC? Where has this been shown in DC comics to be the case?

why should we consider the Unwritten canon if nothing important to DC’s cosmology is ever brought up or mentioned? The Unwritten and DC have never been shown or stated to be canon and they do not connect story wise whatsoever, so what other reason should they be considered canon?
I never once stated that the guidebook mentions the Unwritten, so that's a massive strawman argument that proves you didn't read what I said. I simply used that statement to say that being creator owned doesn't make it non canon

This is something I’ve already explained. The cosmologies are incompatible because the Unwritten’s cosmology has never been mentioned or referenced to within DC, or vice versa.

It does not need to be mentioned. Fables characters are already appearing in DC comics, thats enough evidence

Where does the presence fit into DC if the leviathan is actually the supreme being?

The Presence isn't even the supreme being, he was created by the belief of mankind, like all gods. He can be killed by Pralaya too

Where is the hierarchy of worlds in DC and where does it fit into the cosmology?

What hierarchy?

Where is the Overvoid and the super celestials?

The Overvoid is the white void that encompasses a lot of DC's omniverse. The Super Celestials are irrelevant here

You can’t just claim that the DC and the Unwritten are canon and refuse to elaborate on how they would fit into their cosmologies.

The leviathan just embodies everything, already explained in his profile. It doesn't contradict anything in DC, and you haven't even explained why

Yes, there is, when the comic book in question isn’t DC owned.

Batman vs Bigby is DC owned. That just shows how dishonest you are

When I said “fables comic” I was referring to the characters, not the comic book series itself.

Why didn't you just say that then?

1. I already explained why they’re incompatible

You said they were incompatible because they weren't mentioned, I refuted it by saying it not being mentioned doesn't even contradict anything

2. What evidence do you have that the Leviathan embodies DC? Where has this been shown in DC comics to be the case

Why does it need to be shown in DC Comics? Just read this for an explanation on the Leviathan. And tell me what about it would not make sense if it was in DC?

why should we consider the Unwritten canon if nothing important to DC’s cosmology is ever brought up or mentioned?

Because not everything about DC's cosmology needs to be mentioned?

The Unwritten and DC have never been shown or stated to be canon and they do not connect story wise whatsoever, so what other reason should they be considered canon?

Unwritten is part of Fables, and Fables characters have appeared in DC Comics. Thats all there is to it. Not being mentioned doesnt mean its non canon, its like saying wonder woman comics don't mention Anti Monitor so COIE is non canon

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the presence is still the supreme being as of late. And using pralaya against him is such a bad idea considering pralaya is literally a character created by the same author who on numerous occasions stated the presence is the supreme being and everything is apart of him he even included her so why on earth that's being mentioned I just don't even. Lastly have people so utterly forgotten what DC black label is? Why it was made to begin with? If u can answer this then u might answer the question to this thread I know I've explained it on numerous occasions but let's see if people can figure it out

The evidence I provided is enough, since the only evidence for it being non canon is it being creator owned, and I proved that creator owned comics are canon so its not a valid reason for it to be non canon
You haven't provided anything, try again.

I need references, I need official Statements from DC or some higher ups, or at least authors, I need every single reference the two had with each other, I need every single connection. Since I don't read DC comics, you should probably proof why this mega gigantic cosmology is part of canon DC comics - other than that it's published by the same company.

Last edited:
You haven't provided anything, try again.

I need references, I need official Statements from DC or some higher ups, or at least authors, I need every single reference the two had with each other, I need everything single connection. Since I don't read DC comics, you should probably proof why this mega gigantic cosmology is part of canon DC comics - other than that it's published by the same company.
I just showed you evidence that Fables is connected to DC dude, you didn't even read the OP. There's more evidence for it being canon than it being non canon

This entire argument seems completely backwards. Like, has anything been cited that isn't "B-but, you can't prove it's NOT canon can ya?"?
Yes I did, don't comment if you didn't even read the thread

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the presence is still the supreme being as of late. And using pralaya against him is such a bad idea considering pralaya is literally a character created by the same author who on numerous occasions stated the presence is the supreme being and everything is apart of him he even included her so why on earth that's being mentioned I just don't even. Lastly have people so utterly forgotten what DC black label is? Why it was made to begin with? If u can answer this then u might answer the question to this thread I know I've explained it on numerous occasions but let's see if people can figure it out
The author is contradicted by his own work

Black label is just DC but more mature

I just showed you evidence that Fables is connected to DC dude, you didn't even read the OP. There's more evidence for it being canon than it being non canon
And you wanna merge off two completely unrelated verses based off something like that? Really? You think that's enough?

Again, I asked for all those things, and if you can't provide it then...

And you wanna merge off two completely unrelated verses based off something like that? Really? You think that's enough?

"Completely unrelated" I just showed you scans of it being related, please read the OP before commenting or I will report you for derailing

The things you asked for can help with proving canonicity, but aren't needed. There is more evidence for it being canon than it being not canon

"Completely unrelated" I just showed you scans of it being related, please read the OP before commenting or I will report you for derailing
I have, and again, it doesn't prove anything.

And if you wanna report me sure. Go ahead lol.
The things you asked for can help with proving canonicity, but aren't needed. There is more evidence for it being canon than it being not canon
Nah, if you can't tick at least 80% of the list I gave you, I am not going to take your word at face value. "It's canon, trust me bro".

Last edited:
Anyway, just because fables crossed over with both DC and Unwritten, doesn't mean that somehow those two cosmologies are 100% connected to one another.

As I asked earlier, King, you need to create a big ass blog or something, explaining every single similarities and differences, every single references, statements, stuff from authors or whatever. If you can't do that, then just don't bother.

"It's canon, trust me bro" doesn't cut it

As I asked earlier, King, you need to create a big ass blog or something, explaining every single similarities and differences, every single references, statements, stuff from authors or whatever. If you can't do that, then just don't bother.
Why do I need to?

Why do you not need to is the question. You can't make such big changes because of one small and blurry ass scan which you didn't even know where it came from.
I told you where it came from, and thats not really 1 scan, my evidence was just the existence of that comic. And why can't I make such big changes with that 1 scan? You haven't said anything other than "not enough evidence"

I told you where it came from,
Yeah, not at first tho.
and thats not really 1 scan,
You only posted like one relevant scan
my evidence was just the existence of that comic.
Okay...?
And why can't I make such big changes with that 1 scan?
You have got to be kidding me rn...
You haven't said anything other than "not enough evidence"
Because it isn't enough evidence

There is more evidence for marvel and DC sharing the same cosmology than this lmao. And there is so much wrong with that.

Are you seriously asking why you need to make a comprehensive blog to merge two massive continuities together?
This evidence is enough

Yeah, not at first tho.

You only posted like one relevant scan

Okay...?

You have got to be kidding me rn...

Because it isn't enough evidence

There is more evidence for marvel and DC sharing the same cosmology than this lmao. And there is so much wrong with that.
Why isn't it enough evidence? Are you not gonna elaborate? Fables is a part of DC, while Marvel isn't, so that's not a good comparison

I'll report you for mod abuse if you do, this thread isn't even complete and we are still in the middle of discussion
That would be very funny to witness, especially considering the various report-worthy things you have done. But if you want to keep wasting your own time, sure.

This website has standards and the OP is just ignoring them.

Although at times frustrating, the site has a tendency to require substantial proof for these kinds of things. Deal with it.

This evidence is enough
Says who? You?

Most people here agreed that this isn't enough. Except for you and a few others who just wants to wank DC. "Oh it's the same publisher so it's canon" or "a lot of DC experts considers it canon". This doesn't cut it.

Anyway, this is the last time I am going to say this, but make proper crts or I will have to ask to report you.
Why isn't it enough evidence? Are you not gonna elaborate? Fables is a part of DC, while Marvel isn't, so that's not a good comparison
So, why don't you go ahead and explain with scans, editorial shit, and cosmology references to prove why unwriten is canon to DC?

I'll report you for mod abuse if you do, this thread isn't even complete and we are still in the middle of discussion
I mean looking at your threads in general and how you behave in them... Can you blame us?

Thats like appeal to absurdity
No, it's like appealing to logical thinking

Says who? You?

Most people here agreed that this isn't enough. Except for you and a few others who just wants to wank DC. "Oh it's the same publisher so it's canon" or "a lot of DC experts considers it canon". This doesn't cut it.
Only greenshifter said it

So, why don't you go ahead and explain with scans, editorial shit, and cosmology references to prove why unwriten is canon to DC?

This alone is enough, you couldn't think of another argument so you resort to saying "more proof"?

Anyone cool with closing this? As far as I'm aware nobody agrees with the premise of the thread and its poster clearly doesn't wish to make a proper blog and is sticking to those arguments.

Again, says who? Literally everyone says it's not enough

I mean what arguments do you want me to make? Had you made a good CRT, I would have given more in depth debunks, but there is literally nothing to debunk here.
There's a few people who agree, and there is stuff to refute

in The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained, they treat creator owned stuff as part of the continuity. Fables is also canon to unwritten if you read the last 4 issues, and Batman appears in this comic issue 4 with Fables characters and its stated he came from another dimension and Earth (obviously referring to Prime Earth) and the comic says that those are the characters from Fables

The evidence for it being non canon is that its creator owned, but there's evidence that being creator owned doesn't make it non canon. Only swerzye has attempted to refute it, you didn't

Anyone cool with closing this? As far as I'm aware nobody agrees with the premise of the thread and its poster clearly doesn't wish to make a proper blog and is sticking to those arguments.
Are you still not going to reply to what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back