• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unloading my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwellken

RP Elder
Wouldn't let me post it on my wall so I'll try here. Well. I've really been wanting to say something about the recent "drama" since Ever got demoted but I was always too hesitant. Now I feel like with this recent wave after wave of bad news, I'd be doing the wiki a disservice to not say something. And just to get this out of the way for those wondering, no, I'm not leaving. I love this place too much. I want to see it grow despite its recent setbacks, and I'm personally going to do my best to see that through. I'm sure that those who left are only doing what they feel is best as well.

Even though I'm sure more than half of you (understandably) don't even know who I am, I've been here for a while, watching this place evolve since I first joined in 2015 as some random kid on the internet looking for a place to belong. I may not have always been active, but I'd always end up coming back to check how things were going here now and then, and over the years I grew attached. (I'd always kind of unrealistically hoped that one day I'd write something and see even just one of my characters show up here. That'd be the bomb. Also yes, I know fcoc exists. You can hope to see me more active there in the future as well.)

It wasn't until semi-recently that I decided that I actually wanted to regularly contribute to the site and aid its growth, but was held back a bit by a busy college schedule. So you can imagine my shock when, after finally finding some free time after completing my last major essay, I open the site to see all of this. A productive and helpful admin needlessly banned by FANDOM, and another resigning because of it, several other users following suit. Regardless of personal opinions on the matter, I think we can all agree that's a pretty huge setback for the wiki. Though conflicted, I strongly respect the decisions of those who left, and sincerely wish them the best. (I'd get into specifics about my own personal opinions on the matter, but that discussion's been done to death already and the last thing I want is another shitstorm.)

Despite these setbacks, despite how unfair all of this is, and despite all of the bad things to happen to the site these past few weeks, I still want to see this place grow. I still want to personally be among the people whose contributions greatly facilitate its growth. I still hope that some day, I can see even one of my characters show up here, even though it may never happen. And to that end, I'm going to continue to do my best for this place, regardless of how unfair or depressing things get. No matter how many terrible mistakes staff and regulars alike make that set us back. Gotta do my best to keep moving forward. That's all I can do. If anybody even bothered to take the time to read all this, should the feeling be mutual, I hope that you can find the resolve to do the same.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Damn,your post more better than my own thought. >_>
I feel like yours does a better job addressing the community tbh. Mine is more of a personal thing I've just been meaning to get off my chest for a while.

Thank you for this man. I think everybody can get a little caught up in their conflicting feelings about this whole situation, and that makes it extremely easy to lose perspective. However, this post is a nice reality check to remind us that we need to keep calm and carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back