• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne's Regenerationn

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
Argument stems from here.

To reiterate what I stated in the thread linked, Undyne makes a clear display of her Regenerationn on two separate occasions in Undertale, once in the Neutral route, and the other prior to her mustering the determination to go into her Undying state. (Her Regenerationn currently has no level listed)

In the Neutral route, her Determination allows her to refuse her death reform from dusting. As a monster however, her body turns to mush from not being able to handle this level of Determination.

In the Genocide route, she "No."s her dusting, and musters up the energy to transform. In both cases however, her body still mushes from the levels of Determination she can produce.

People may argue that she had been more determined the Genocide route (And for some reason it prevented her from mushing the first time), but I don't think that's the case. Her motivations are still there for both routes, in fact in the Neutral route we can see how much more adamant she is about not dying, and simply refuses it right up until her body is goo.

Additions:

- Regenerationn listed as Mid-High based on her reforming from the near-dusting, but have it stated that it is based on how determined she is.

- Type 2 Immortality based on her refusing to die despite being past her limits, as seen in the Neutral route. (via Determination)

Her determination can also be attributed as a weakness, as described here:

"Her monster physiology does not provide her with the adequate mass to sustain large amounts of determination, should she be too determined, her body will begin to melt."

Low-mid makes sense, because she came back from a fatal wound to the chest area more or less. (I doubt Frisk is out here decaping people in the neutral route)

Everyone else is pretty right with type 2

Agreeing with type 2 and low-mid.

I have my doubts about giving base Undyne Regenerationn, for me it just looks as if she simply refuses to die and holds her body together, but doesn't exactly regenerate

I mean, her base forcefully puts herself together after nearly falling in two through will.

It's situational as all hell, but it's her base that does it.

Yeah, but it doesn't look like regen, you know?

She doesn't heal, she just "stays together". She tries to keep her body from collapsing, but she isn't healing

Yeah, on seconds thought I think regen might not be the best. Because it was clear she was still injured.

I mean, she still had a massive slash across her chest which regenerated when she turned into Undyne the Undying.

We list Regenerationn via transforming on other profiles such as Frieza's, it'd probably be the same case here.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Neutral Route is just a shitty Type 2, really.

Only Undying has "regen", I guess.
Determination is listed on her profile without real clue as to what it does for her, so tying it to Type 2 is fine for me as it at least adds something to her page.

Her being able to hold herself together after almost bursting to pieces should still count for something, even if it isn't necessarily repair.

I just think it doesn't look right for her to have regen listed on her page with not rating on it, it leaves unanswered questions as to the extent she can hold together from.

AidenBrooks999 said:
I have my doubts about giving base Undyne Regenerationn, for me it just looks as if she simply refuses to die and holds her body together, but doesn't exactly regenerate
I agree. I think Type 2 Immortality is fine

Back