• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne vs. Erza Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically Erza vs. Fish Erza.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Undyne

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Erza_Scarlet

Note: Undyne has already finished freaking out over anime being real after seeing Erza, but cannot use her Undying form because Erza is not a threat to mankind or monsterkind. The fight does not have to end in a death, but they will try.

I've had this idea ever since I fought Undyne (tons of swords surrounding the target, that being me), but I thought it was too easy a fight for Erza at the time. Buuuut now I think that might not be the case.

What do you think?

Possibly. It's not an unwinnable fight for Erza, but I don't think it would put it in her favor enough for Undyne to completely lose the battle. Probably going with Undyne 8/10 times, here.

They're so close in all stats but speed, too. Speed equalized, it's a very close fight.

I don't know why speed equalizing is a thing but still.

Oh heck yeah. I practically ship them. They even have the whole eye thing in common; Erza has an artificial eye while Undyne wears a patch. Is there a platonic version of shipping? 'Cause that's what I do with these two characters. Don't wanna break Alphys's little heart, now.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Indeed. Though in reality, I think they'd be pretty kickass allies, too.
I just love that idea so much

I give it the winning to Undyne, unless speed is equalized, then it would be inconclussive (at least imo).

thooughh... We have yet do discuss the "energy/water manipulation" of undyne, because if its actually water, and speed equalized, erza wins due to water empress.

Still! i like the idea of in character battles that end into alliances, that fantastic platonic shipping for them two is wonderfull~

We have direct confirmation from Undyne that her spears are energy-weapons.

Just ask if you can drink the sugar while you're on her date and she'll ask you if she looks like the ice-cream woman, and if ice-cream women are symbols of terror that throw energy spears at kids.

You can say that's how it works in the human world. She'll be impressed.

Angry Dummy said:
We have direct confrontation from Undyne that her spears are energy-weapons.
Just ask if you can drink the sugar while you're on her date and she'll ask you if she looks like the ice-cream woman, and if ice-cream women are symbols of terror that throw energy spears at kids.

You can say that's how it works in the human world. She'll be impressed.
Thank you, Angry Dummy. You are credit to ghosts, everywhere.

Should we count this as a notable victory, or has there not been enough debate?

Any Fairy Tail experts here? I'll confess I'm not one.

Is there any reason to doubt Undyne's speed as stated on her page, though? She doesn't dodge Frisk's attacks like Sans does.

I dunno, I'm just spitballing here.

WarriorWare said:
Is there any reason to doubt Undyne's speed as stated on her page, though? She doesn't dodge Frisk's attacks like Sans does.
I dunno, I'm just spitballing here.
I think undyne doesnt dodge actively due monsters nature to directly soul attack, while Chara's attacks are actually determination-charged physical attacks. this is something sans realizes and thats why he dodges.

I think that at least for the versus purposes, Undyne actively dodges like any other character on this wiki would. Undyne wins due to the massive speed

Not a fan of fairy tail, love undyne <3.

What if erza pulled a frisk move and used...dertermination and conversationing to win the battle?

Because the standards of determination in the world of undertale are unbelievably high. unless Erza can restore her physical form on the will to live alone, she isn't even as determined as Undyne

WarriorWare said:
Who, Erza? Erza's just as badass as Undyne, possibly more.
Undyne shrugged off blows from a developing low 2-C via sheer force of will and wound up defeating said character multiple times before being destroyed, thus staving them off long enough for all the innocents in Hotland to evacuate.

That's pretty hardcore.

Erza's badass, but her badassness ain't touching Undyne's. Sacrificing your life to save an innocent child from a genocidal maniac before being reborn as a warrior fueled by not only the will to live, but everyone in the world's will to take said genocidal maniac down is pretty damn hardcore.

Not defending Erza winning because it's a spite thread, but I'm defending her being badass

All of her senses were taken away, she couldn't see hear, feel, taste, or anything, lying half naked on the ground with ripped armor, her sense of pain so strong that wind hurt her, and a hit felt like getting a hole torn in the middle of your body (anime animated her chest ripping in half), yet she got up just to kill a torturer who's life will end up blowing 3000 continental bombs

Later in the story, she's fighting a guy with stats a lot higher than hers, holds him off for a long time, later gets her body almost completely dehydrated, then she breaks out and equips a water empress sword, only to be later trapped in a city level sandstorm that gives enemies limited field of view and lower speed, then as she is about to die, equips an armor that gives off bright light, which attracts an ally shooter to shoot a town level blast at Erza and her enemy, Erza tanks it and continues to kill her enemy.

TL;DR

Erza's sense of pain made her get hurt by wind, and she also lost all her positive senses, yet destroyed her enemy.

She nearly died while fighting a guy stronger than her, asked to get shot with a town level weapon while almost dead, and beat her opponent after

Yeah, not even close to a spite thread. The only thing Undyne has over Erza is speed. Everything else is roughly equal.

Though even if Undyne was disadvantaged in terms of speed, couldn't she keep Erza stationary by turning her soul green?

basically yeah, Undyne's "green attack" seems to make one have to stand their ground, and it would be unbelievably brutal if she wasn't so chivalrous about it by giving her oponents energy spears to guard with if they lack a means of defence.

I guess I overlooked that when I made the thread, or perhaps thought that Erza might be able to make up for it in some way.

WarriorWare said:
I guess I overlooked that when I made the thread, or perhaps thought that Erza might be able to make up for it in some way.
She probably could. Undyne is in no way the "blitzing" type, as she's always super honorable. Hell, she even gives CHARA a spear to block her attacks. F#%$ING. CHARA.

enbodiement of evil I will stirke you down with the power of monsters and humans with my insane number of powerful attacks while your in a state of immobility, but heres something to block them with and i'll let you have the first hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back