• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune VS Undertale: Kris VS Undyne (7-0-0)

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
Kris The Lightbringer VS Undyne The Undyne
  • Battle takes place in the Card Castle Roof, 10 meters away from each other.
  • Chapter 2 Kris and Undyne the Undying are being used.
  • Speed is equalized.
Kris: 7 (ShockingPsychic, Quibster, LeoEpicGamer8910, JustANormalLemon, V999, Greatsage13th, H3110l12345I20)
Undyne:
Inconclusive:
DKhbgr0_d.webp

Last edited:
Kris has more HP than Frisk does (a stat I assume is fair to remain consistent here), an AP advantage, decent combat experience, and more options for putting Undyne down

Voting Kris

Aside from statistics, it does look like Kris has a general skill advantage and has more defensive utility than what Chara had in their fight against Undyne. Information Analysis and ACTs such as Glare and Hypnosis will wittle Undyne down over time enough for Kris to strike.

I vote Kris for now

Aside from statistics, it does look like Kris has a general skill advantage and has more defensive utility than what Chara had in their fight against Undyne. Information Analysis and ACTs such as Glare and Hypnosis will wittle Undyne down over time enough for Kris to strike.

I vote Kris for now
How does Kris deal with Green mode?

Yes I do think Kris would go “oh hey the yellow thing does something different”, and use his shield
Point is he's essentially stationary and forced to block a sequence of danmaku from all directions with his shield when every single fight he had always involved him dodging and running amok. Would he be used to the stationary blocking quick enough before he's overwhelmed by it?

Point is he's essentially stationary and forced to block a sequence of danmaku from all directions with his shield when every single fight he had always involved him dodging and running amok. Would he be used to the stationary blocking quick enough before he's overwhelmed by it?
I don’t think Kris would remain stationary at all in this fight, nor would be get overwhelmed as easily as you’re suggesting. Kris has experience dealing with danmaku and his shield gives him additional survivability— among other defensive options like his ACTs and dodging.

Last edited:
Kris wouldn't have a problem blocking with his shield, even if they get hitted by the yellow arrows at first, they would just learn, also IA could give this information to Kris before getting hitted

And there is also the fact zundyne need to hit Kris to put them on green mode and considering they can slash Undyne without getting close and have some great acrobatic and Yellow mode to overwhelm undyne with projectiles I think kris takes It quite easy

Overall Kris can do anything Frisk can but without needing to save and load(in my opnion)

Kris wouldn't have a problem blocking with his shield, even if they get hitted by the yellow arrows at first, they would just learn, also IA could give this information to Kris before getting hitted
IA?
And there is also the fact zundyne need to hit Kris to put them on green mode and considering they can slash Undyne without getting close and have some great acrobatic and Yellow mode to overwhelm undyne with projectiles I think kris takes It quite easy
Green mode happens very fast that Frisk couldn't avoid it even with aim dodge unlike Sans' blaster. So, I wouldn't say Kris can avoid it just by not being close.

Anyways, I think Kris takes this.

What about the time Frisk jumped over a really long lineup of bones with a large one at the very end that towers over Frisk's height? (While under the influence of blue mode)

What about the time Frisk jumped over a really long lineup of bones with a large one at the very end that towers over Frisk's height? (While under the influence of blue mode)
What is shown in the box doesn't necessarily correlate to what actually happens. If they can really jump that high then they wouldn't need the vents to cross those much smaller gaps in Hotland.

Back