• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Speeds and Powers

The Everlasting said:
@Azzy

My point is that if you're just a few Mach higher you can still remain untouchable to someone below. You don't need to be several times faster.
You kinda do. That's how relative speed works. Someone who is Mach 3010 is barely faster from the perspective of a Mach 3000 character.

You sure? The gap between Mach 3,000 and Mach 3,001 is the same as between you and something moving at the speed of sound.

Mach 3000 = 1,029,000 m/s

Mach 3001 = 1,029,343 m/s

^Less than 0.04% increase in speed

Average human speed = ~6.7 m/s

Mach 1 = 343 m/s

^Greater than 5000% increase in speed

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Asriel being Immeasurable is fine, as the omnipresence is mostly from the perspective of lower beings, and at this level it's virtually the same.

@Azthoth the Abyssal Idiot I say Sans should be either immersurable if he's far far superior to Chara by an unquantifiable amount or a new speed type can be added Vastly Superior to any foe there facing i think immeasurable would be better though.

Sans isn't faster than Absolute Chara... he is faster than the body Chara is possessing

Based on what? The difference between them is so big that saying that it's infinite is effectively downplaying Chara

Well, I do not remember much of this thread, or the conclusions reached within it. Sorry.

How about this?

Revised Sans speed: At least Subsonic+ movement, likely Transonic (Moves as fast as his Gaster Blasters which goes at the speed of sound). At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely far higher combat speed (Comparable to Asgore and Undyne. Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk, who was able to dodge rays of sunlight and who was superior to Napstablook. Should be one of, if not the, fastest non-Immeasurable characters in the game.). At least Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and vastly improved attack speed via teleportation (Sans possesses teleportation which allows him to transport himself, his opponents, attacks, other objects, etc. and change their position while doing so)

First of all "Instantaneous reactions" no.

Secondly, where the heck does Transonic and Supersonic comes from?

Thirdly, why even have those? Sans at the very least is MHS+

Saikou The Lewd King said:
First of all "Instantaneous reactions" no.

Secondly, where the heck does Transonic and Supersonic comes from?

Thirdly, why even have those? Sans at the very least is MHS+
1. Shrugs Well, Sans basically dodges like 99% of your attacks, what do you expect? The Flash had to be MFTL+ to be faster than instantaneous teleportation and besides, Sans can also Time Stop. Also, he does get exhausted gradually until 10 mins of a huge loss of stamina, so it counts.

2. Its most likely his movement I guess.

3. DarkLK randomly got that from a wikia.

1. None of what you said are any proof for instantaneous reactions.

2. Still not giving me any source for those numbers.

3. ? We don't need those low ends though.

I think that Saikou makes sense.

I think this should help now:

Revised Sans speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely far higher (Comparable to Asgore and Undyne. Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk, who was able to dodge rays of sunlight and who was superior to Napstablook. Should be one of, if not the, fastest non-Immeasurable characters in the game.). At least Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and vastly improved attack speed via teleportation (Sans possesses teleportation which allows him to transport himself, his opponents, attacks, other objects, etc. and change their position while doing so)

Dude wtf?

1. If Chara aim dodge his gaster blaster how they only are transonic?

2. Again Chara is not dodgind the sound they are dodging the laser

3. Where did you get Sans can move as fast as his Gaster blasters?

he use teleportation which is infinite but is limited by his MHS+ reactions

Anonimoe7875 said:
Dude wtf?

1. If Chara aim dodge his gaster blaster how they only are transonic?

2. Again Chara is not dodgind the sound they are dodging the laser

3. Where did you get Sans can move as fast as his Gaster blasters?

he use teleportation which is infinite but is limited by his MHS+ reactions
1. I literally said, "Sans moves as fast as his Gaster Blasters, not moves as fast as the lasers from the Gaster Blasters." You misinterpreted it.

2. Chara/Frisk was only mentioned to dodge the rays of sunlight and they're superior to Napstablook on Sans Speed description. Aimdodging =/= Actual reactions. The attack speed, travel speed, and reactions works slightly different.

3. Gaster Blasters sound effects move at the Speed of Sound.

You have answered literally 0 of my questions. That "Speed of Sound" rating is still unsourced and unneeded.

Anonimoe7875 said:
...Could you give a reason why?

and again it don't give him Subsonic+/Transonic speed
The reasons why Sans Travel speed which is also considered as "Enchanced speed" should be "At least Subsonic+, likely Transonic":

User can move much faster than the average member of their species, some near or at the speed of sound, or even faster. However, this power is not without any ill effects, as it can strain the body, although some users may be resistant or even immune to the effects of high speed travel, including friction, g-force, inertia, etc.

Limitations:

Users' physical state affects their speed and endurance.

May have effects on the users aging
, increasing or decreasing it.

^ That's a possibility btw.

May be temporary in effect and limited in continuation depending on the user.

Back