• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Speeds and Powers

Nobody said that Sans is slower than them. And the explanation for his type 4 could literally be applied to every tier 2-1, so no.

Kaltias said:
Nobody said that Sans is slower than them. And the explanation for his type 4 could literally be applied to every tier 2-1, so no.
It's supposed to be mentioned as "far higher" like Asgore and Undyne not "much higher," and how so?

Given that Azathoth, Saikou, Ryukama and I don't know how many others agreed with Sans being unknown he should remain rated this way.

Because literally everyone who is higher dimensional is fully transcendent when compared with regular 3D beings (everyone in the Underground but Chara, Photoshop Flowey, Asriel himself and the Annoying Dog)

Kaltias said:
Given that Azathoth, Saikou, Ryukama and I don't know how many others agreed with Sans being unknown he should remain rated this way.
Because literally everyone who is higher dimensional is fully transcendent when compared with regular 3D beings (everyone in the Underground but Chara, Photoshop Flowey, Asriel himself and the Annoying Dog)
1. A couple of members, a mod and technically Cal agreed that Sans should be at least MHS+.

2. What?

I'm just going to repost this.

"It's not a matter of Sans just being faster. It's a matter of, in universe, a character who is at least Mach 3000 can't even touch him, no matter how many times they reset to know exactly where he'll be and when he'll move, and even if he's asleep.

He is literally untouchable until you break in-universe rules and strike him while he can't defend. The speed gap is so astronomical that knowing his exact position, time of movement, and original destination is useless. Combined with the fact he can abuse in-universe mechanics, I don't see a solid way to give him a solid speed without under/overselling him in the process."

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm just going to repost this.
"It's not a matter of Sans just being faster. It's a matter of, in universe, a character who is at least Mach 3000 can't even touch him, no matter how many times they reset to know exactly where he'll be and when he'll move, and even if he's asleep.

He is literally untouchable until you break in-universe rules and strike him while he can't defend. The speed gap is so astronomical that knowing his exact position, time of movement, and original destination is useless. Combined with the fact he can abuse in-universe mechanics, I don't see a solid way to give him a solid speed without under/overselling him in the process."
That's basically Sans reaction speed but Saikou denys that his reaction speed would be considered "Instaneous reactions." A speedster like the Flash literally needed to be faster than "instaneous teleportation" one time.

@Azathoth Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It wouldn't be instantaneous. Just so fast Chara had a pretty much 0% chance of hitting him.
At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely far higher (Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk (who was capable of dodging sunbeams & who was superior to Napstablook), and comparable to both Asgore & Undyne. One of the fastest non-Immeasurable characters in the game.). Supernatural reactions and vastly improved attack speed via teleportation (Sans possesses teleportation which allows him to transport himself, his opponents, attacks, other objects, etc. and change their position while doing so)

I added "Supernatural reactions" which should be good enough to describe Sans reaction speed. Also, we don't have any other choice of just leaving Sans speed at unknown, we might as well add that to his Speed.

"Supernatural reactions" seems like a power/ability. The "Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk" is enough to describe Sans but something like "Can dodge they attack even while asleep" could work

Again why did you put "Comparable to Asgore and Undyne." if Sans is supposed to be faster than them .-.

Anonimoe7875 said:
"Supernatural reactions" seems like a power/ability. The "Immensely faster than Chara/Frisk" is enough to describe Sans but something like "Can dodge they attack even while asleep" could work

Again why did you put "Comparable to Asgore and Undyne." if Sans is supposed to be faster than them .-.
Sans combat speed issupposed to be considered comparable to both Asgore and Undyne.

Since Azathoth seems to have given an answer to this issue, perhaps I should close the thread.

Should Sans combat speed have a range included in his speed description about him having at least Massively Hypersonic+ speed?

@Anonimoe7875 I do not know. Was this attribute ever stated within the game?

Well, it still seems like speculation.

Okay, just being a god isn't enough for Type 4 Immortality, with that logic I'd be giving Type 4 immortality to Beerus, but he can still die, Type 4 is when being a god does give you some form of immortality

Agreed. Should we close this thread now?

Antvasima said:
Agreed. Should we close this thread now?
I was asking about this question earlier: "Should Sans combat speed have a range of his speed included in his speed description about him having at least Massively Hypersonic+ speed?"

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Okay, just being a god isn't enough for Type 4 Immortality, with that logic I'd be giving Type 4 immortality to Beerus, but he can still die, Type 4 is when being a god does give you some form of immortality
That's exactly my point about why Asriel shouldn't have type 4.

I suppose that somebody will have to ask Azathoth for input again regarding if we should remove type 4 immortality from Asriel.

That's exactly my point about why Asriel shouldn't have type 4.

When you think about it, Asriel doesn't actually have type 4 immortality since the Human Souls doesn't technically make him a deity or position as a deity from a higher god.

I'll ask for it.

If it gets removed, my proposal is to replace it with type 3 trough Save and Load (which effectively works as a low-godly regen when someone dies)

Back