• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Revisions

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Any and all wank will be deleted upon sight, so don't bring any nonsense into this thread

Base Mettaton's Durability (None of that "Invulnerability" garbage) should be Multiverse level, since his Defense stat is higher than Undyne the Undying and Chara's LV 20 stats

Possibly splitting Mettaton's forms into separate keys: Base/Mettaton | Mettaton EX | Mettaton NEO

Mettaton NEO having Durability at "At least City Block level, possibly Multi-City Block level", scaling to Greater Dog, who has a Defense stat of 8

Weakness for Undyne, Heat, she was struggling due to the heat in Hotland

aaaand that's it

Part 1. No. End of discussion. Actually, this is one of the primary reasons I think CHECK stats are BS

Yes for everything else.

It kinda is, but I'm also talking about a game I haven't played in over a year

I'd also have no idea where we would put Mettaton at

Check DF is only scaled to Check AT, not used in a void like Check AT is. Something with 0 AT cannot even attack, but something with 0 DF can still take hits.

Example: Weakened Omega Flowey specifically has his DF drop to 0. His defenses go down notably, but he's still multiversal. Meanwhile, Jerry has an AT of 0, and thus cannot even attack.

To further demonstrate this, Jerry and Glad Dummy both have an AT of 0, but Jerry has a DF of 30 compared to GD's 0. If you strike Glad Dummy, he essentially implodes. If you strike Jerry, you're going to need to strike him a few more times before he stops complaining.

Best way to think about it:

Check AT = "power level"

Check DF = benefits to defense

Base Mettaton being equal to or stronger than Hotland Frisk while also having a defense value of 255 does mean his defense is astronomically higher than Frisk's AP, though. Don't know to the exact degree, but enough that Frisk can't even scratch him.

So, I guess we should scale it to his AP, but with likely far higher? Just not necessarily straight to multiverse level

Back