• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since regular Chaos energy attacks can damage concepts now.

Sonic's passive holy manipulation nulls Ego, then hits him until he dies.

He can nullify much more than just magic. Like other hax or that's what Shadow says. I ain't no Archie expert.

His profiles just says magic, or at least he just passively nulls magic and needs specific objects in order to null other stuff

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Since regular Chaos energy attacks can damage concepts now.

Sonic's passive holy manipulation nulls Ego, then hits him until he dies.
..?

If you're talking about the Ancient Walkers scan, being part of a concept doesn't make you a concept. Dead Jedis aren't conceptual beings because they're one with the force now.

Even then, if they don't damage individuals on a conceptual level or something like that it's honestly not as big a deal as it sounds, as that's what would be relevant. If I could punch ghosts, I wouldn't suddenly hurt non ghosts any more with my punches.

..?

If you're talking about the Ancient Walkers scan, being part of a concept doesn't make you a concept. Dead Jedis aren't conceptual beings because they're one with the force now.

Ancient Walkers are type 1 abstracts.

"Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars."

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay so according to his profile he can only nullify magic? Which Ego doesnt use
His aura does nullify magic, but the holy manipulation isn't limited to magic. It nullifies evil/negative energies like how it did with Archie Perfect Chaos.

He's capable of fighting and killing Death Celestials, who can fight and damage Galactus, who sees an infinite amount of universes as just a small fraction of his power

I don't really like powers that operate on morality since that's such a subjective concept, but I guess it'd be from the perspective of the user.

So since Sonic's null wont work here, what does he have to put Ego down before Ego absorbs him or beats him into a conceptual puddle?

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Ancient Walkers are type 1 abstracts.

"Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars."
I don't think that Cal was saying that they aren't abstracts.

But (from my understanding) the Ancient Walkers are part of the Chaos Force, which is a concept.

This can be abstract existence, but it doesn't mean that you are a literal concept yourself.

I can't be the only one surprised Weekly is debating a Marvel character

Didn't know he actually knew Ego

WeeklyBattles said:
So since Sonic's null wont work here, what does he have to put Ego down before Ego absorbs him or beats him into a conceptual puddle?
How does the absorption work? Sonic has his own conceptual manipulation + now he has resistance to it.

@Kaltias Those who ascend to the Chaos Force become one with it in the literal sense. When Knuckles did, the shape of his head is encompassing all of time and space across infinite universes. Same thing happened with the Ancient Walkers.

Sonic resists Conceptual Manipulation, but Ego doesn't do the same. As soon as Sonic gives him a Supercharged Chaos Control (which really only takes a few seconds), it'll be pretty devestating.

I fold on Absorption, but does Abstract Existance give you a pass on passive Fate Manipulation? If you wan't extensive context, please read the note on the profile. I don't really want to explain it anymore lol. But I can give you a brief summary.

If Sonic is in a tough spot, reality essentially chooses an outcome in favor of Sonic to happen because it's Chaos; the unexplainable, unpredictable, etc. Because Sonic is the Embodiment of Chaos, he always has this in his favor. It was to the point where Eggman tried to rewrite reality and Sonic himself to get rid of it, but it didn't work. In combat, it could manifest as anything. Like Sonic using just the ability that he needs to win, etc. It's essentially implausible to explain, because it acts in such subtle or random ways that you can't know how it'll act to protect Sonic. It's like reality saying "yeah, let's do that" or "no, let's not let that happen"

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
How does the absorption work? Sonic has his own conceptual manipulation + now he has resistance to it.
He passively absorbs the life force and energy of anything around himself

Ok, Sonic's type 8 allows him to retain his life force.

That's bringing you back from death, not resisting absorbtion

Ok, Sonic's type 8 allows him to retain his life force. That's bringing you back from death, not resisting absorbtion
He also resists soul manipulation from Enerjak who can rip life force out of the body with a gesture.

Back