• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well in that case a link would be nice, I'll see if I agree with the reasons, if I don't I might CRT it but it's not a top-priority for me so probably isn't gonna affect this match.

If Egg Salamandar was able to by pass Super Sonic via higher AP then Goku should have no problem less it states that the attacks are made of the same type of energy of the chaos emeralds

Except we are arguing it didn't do that, since beings stronger than the Egg Salamender can't do such

Actualy, the Egg Salamender does use the Sol Emeralds

Hst master said:
What are the Sonic fras even based off of? Invulnerablility is getting mass revised.
Even if he won't have that, he still going to have much higher durability replacing it. Sonic also have durability negating wisps to help him win this fight

One attack hurting him from a 2-C being is pretty irrelevant to the thread

Might as well say Sonic FRA if that counts

Even if he won't have that, he still going to have much higher durability replacing it. Sonic also have durability negating wisps to help him win this fight

And Goku still has far higher AP. And wisps he doesn't even use in Super Form.

Hst master said:
And Goku still has far higher AP. And wisps he doesn't even use in Super Form.
Sonic still have his invincibility, or at least far higher durability than his AP (the only characters that ever damaged him are Solaris and Egg Salamander iirc, both are 2-C, meaning Goku is FAR weaker than both)

Sonic can use Wisps in his super forms, saying he won't when that his only way of winning is just ignoring his inteligence

Sonic still have his invincibility, or at least far higher durability than his AP (the only characters that ever damaged him are Solaris and Egg Salamander iirc, both are 2-C, meaning Goku is FAR weaker than both)

I've already went over this in the Invulnerablility thread. Like often. He's not getting 2-C durability. Not to mention the Sonic who fought them was 2-C as well. This is classic. And the only people that ever harmed him was those 2? Uh the Phantom Ruby and Dark Gaia are things.

@User

The prove he will. That simple. Being his only way of winning doesn't mean he'll use it. He could be the smartest guy in fiction and have a 1-A ability, but if he's rarely if at all used it, even when backed into a corner, why would he now because it's his only wincon?

Prove? Prove? Read the Sonic's inteligence, you act as if someone can only think one way and that's it, maybe the reason he didn't do it before because he didn't but he isn't stupid to not think to use a move, he is not a machine that only knows to punch, he just needs to ******* think "Hey this guy is way strong, maybe I just use this ability" thinking he won't is acting if he can't think anything except punch

"He could be the smartest guy in fiction and have a 1-A ability, but if he's rarely if at all used it, even when backed into a corner, why would he now because it's his only wincon?"

This is a strawman, big one at that,, none of these strawman cases aply to Sonic and any if his fights, maybe to your OC who only knows how to punch and is not the smartest because a smart character you never do what you say with no reason, in fact he would be stupid as shit

IC only aplys to starting moves, using to say a character wouldn't obviously use something that can make him win just because it's not his main thing is ignoring people can think, if I have a gun but I don't start my fights by shooting then doesn't mean in a fight to the death I wouldn't use it if it was needed, unless I had a personal reason, there's nothing to prove because it's survival logic of primitive caveman

Theuser789 said:
Prove? Prove? Read the Sonic's inteligence, you act as if someone can only think one way and that's it, maybe the reason he didn't do it before because he didn't but he isn't stupid to not think to use a move, he is not a machine that only knows to punch, he just needs to ******* think "Hey this guy is way strong, maybe I just use this ability" thinking he won't is acting if he can't think anything except punch

"He could be the smartest guy in fiction and have a 1-A ability, but if he's rarely if at all used it, even when backed into a corner, why would he now because it's his only wincon?"

This is a strawman, big one at that,, none of these strawman cases aply to Sonic and any if his fights, maybe to your OC who only knows how to punch and is not the smartest because a smart character you never do what you say with no reason, in fact he would be stupid as shit
I'll simply take this as inability to back up your claims. There are plenty of characters on here who are smarter than Sonic that don't use abilities that would net them easy wins or the very opposite: are dumb as a bag of bricks but loves to use their hax. It's called in character. I'll take a more popular example from fate(even though I barely know the series): Gilgamesh vs Shirou Emiya. If Gilgamesh had lead with his best ability from the start or at the very least used it mid-fight, he would've won. Instead he used it too little too late and it ended with his defeat. And he's a smart character. Like it or not, in character is a deciding factor in matches.

Wow, that comment is sure is interesting if I didn't adress all of that in my other comment about how starting the battle versus never using it

It's funny how you try to be all smart trying to explain something that I explained beforehand, hilariously funny, and being smartass when I never argued what you are saying I do about a character starting, only that they will use the move, not because booksmarts either but because of battle experience

I agree with @User, and while I know it's not relevant here, it also applies to Goku's fight with Archie Shadow due to the same reason. If everything else doesn't work, then he would go to a special ability.

Also even Goku does it too. Such as in the Universe 6 arc in his first battle in the tournament. When he sees his punches do nothing to his opponents, he uses his lifting strength to drag and yeet him off the arena

Theuser789 said:
IC only aplys to starting moves, using to say a character wouldn't obviously use something that can make him win just because it's not his main thing is ignoring people can think, if I have a gun but I don't start my fights by shooting then doesn't mean in a fight to the death I wouldn't use it if it was needed, unless I had a personal reason, there's nothing to prove because it's survival logic of primitive caveman
IC applys to a characters mindset in general. And if you don't use it at all or use it when it's far too late, it's in character as well. It's not "Ignoring people can think" it's accounting for Character Flaws of said character.

Theuser789 said:
Wow, that comment is sure is interesting if I didn't adress all of that in my other comment about how starting the battle versus never using it

It's funny how you try to be all smart trying to explain something that I explained beforehand, hilariously funny, and being smartass when I never argued what you are saying I do about a character starting, only that they will use the move, not because booksmarts either but because of battle experience
So you just ignored it was a response to your 1st comment? Okay.

@Gilad

Again In character. It's not someone in a match arguing that Goku would do something like that with no proof he actually would. Here it's arguing Sonic would use wisps in his Super Form despite zero instances of this. And I've already addressed that on the actual thread.

Because you are slow, that's why, your response qas still pathetic, and not using it at all would be IC, if there's a actual reason for that, which I checked Sonic doesn't have this problem, so you are probaly talking about your dumb as a door OC again, and moving goalposts, Sonic can go super and use Wisps, this is already accepted and don't try to say he has something like a mental block so he won't use a move he knows he can win, go back with the gun comparassion you forgot, this is ******* fight to the death between two people, not playing with a toy or a chess game, if your choice is to die or to use the move you don't even hate then you won't ******* just let yourself die for no reason, if you were face to face with a bear and you have a gun but you don't use it whenever you want you are not going to let the bear kill you because "it's not IC"

And dear readers, we went back to square zero, now we are going to have the classic stonewalling and circular debating, ignoring any votes against our characters until someone says it's toxic or 500 replys are reached, so as little gift I will let you have the final word, since you like it very much, enjoy it please, it's on the house for today

Both Goku and Sonic can adapt to their situation and figjt accordingly. While they won't start the matches with these abilities, they'll resort to something else when they see it doesn't work.

When Goku saw he can't affect him with just punches, he went for a different way and won. By your logic, Goku would just keep punching forever, even whem it doesn't work, or his opponent would finally get impatient and defeat him.

Also, when SSB Goku and Vegeta face SSJ Broly in the movie, they try to fight him, but when it doesn't work, Goku teleports them both away and flees instead of fighting even when his attacks do nothing.

There's no reason to assume that Sonic will never use the wisps, even though he did used them, and given tglhat this is his only way to defeat Goku. Once he sees everything else fails, he'll resort to using the wisps

Greenshifter said:
IIRC Sonic did use the wisps that speed him up while being Super Sonic in Sonic Runners.
Forces you mean, it's not like what HST is arguing is already applied, what it is and he is saying it's not valid because people always do that when a ability is making your favorite character lose, me included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back