• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to menrion that the "Emeralds were weakened argument" with Dark Gaia completely contradict the game. The whole point of going to the temples were to restore the emeralds power and fix the planet. The emeralds power already restored by the temples.

Oh oh well didn't see that happen in the vid I watched cause the dude never got hit by those missiles. It appears Super Sonic's invincibility does have it's limits then?

That would just mean that the difference between SS and the salamander is higher then sonic and the wizard.

I always like the fact that Dragon Ball versus Sonic is always when we try to say things that already agreed, it was already agreed on the thread were invulnerability was brought upon that those bosses would just have invulnerability bypasse hax because of how many times he is show and stated to be invulnerable

Uh what? The Egg Salamanders missles make him lose rings.

Only those, most importantly the Egg Wizard can't bypass it

And yet the Salamander and Dark Gaia can. And as Zamasu pointed out Phantom King.

Again, in the thread it was already agreed those characters would be special for doing so, just having "AP" wouldn't make you bypasse It

@Potato

The Egg Wizard canonicaly has better feats, plus it's only that attack

Because I was there to see if the missile thing checks out and then I saw the strongest boss statement, I was also kind of asking why this was the case but since they're not from the same game it doesn't even matter. It's not that I'm making a CRT and saying well the wiki said this so we should apply it.

Wouldn't characters such as Solaris and Egg Salamander just have invulnerability negation for hurting Super Sonic?

Also, I don't know why it even matters when Goku doesn't have invulnerability negation and can't just regularly hit Sonic

Theuser789 said:
I always like the fact that Dragon Ball versus Sonic is always when we try to say things that already agreed, it was already agreed on the thread were invulnerability was brought upon that those bosses would just have invulnerability bypasse hax because of how many times he is show and stated to be invulnerable
Good job at trying to poison the well. And repeatedly saying that something's accepted does not mean in any fashion it can't be contested when contradictions arise.

It doesn't really make sense for the Egg Salamander to have invulnerability negation with one attack and not another attack and since Sonic's type of invulnerability starts to look a lot like the type where oneshot AP actually works.

@User @Hst Master you both have points regarding this Sonic vs DB thingy that the thread tends to get derailed for stuff that is already accepted but in this case the thing that is supposedly accepted (invulnerability negation) is lacking from those pages.

@HDT, I am not poisoning the well, just say what actualy happens, plus yes, I can say things agreed when the contradictions were actualy discussed before

Greenshifter said:
@User @Hst Master you both have points regarding this Sonic vs DB thingy that the thread tends to get derailed for stuff that is already accepted but in this case the thing that is supposedly accepted (invulnerability negation) is lacking from those pages.
Well, they should, people in these threads need to stop saying that things that make the other character win aren't valid all the time, and this goes for everyone, even me

Well anyways could you link me the thread and I guess someone could make the CRT to get those abilities on those character's pages then?

Theuser789 said:
@HDT, I am not poisoning the well, just say what actualy happens, plus yes, I can say things agreed when the contradictions were actualy discussed before
Dude that's exactly what your doing, and not only does that still not prevent anyone from saying anything about it, it was never discussed. Just responded with "it's already accepted".

No, I am not doing that, replying "No you are" doesn't make it true lol, I am just saying so, in those threads this always happens, poisoning the well would be attacking a fanbase

Well, when I get the thread after searching, you will see that even in the OP of it, it was mentioning that those characters would have invulnerability negation

Theuser789 said:
No, I am not doing that, replying "No you are" doesn't make it true lol, I am just saying so, in those threads this always happens, poisoning the well would be attacking a fanbase

Well, when I get the thread after searching, you will see that even in the OP of it, it was mentioning that those characters would have invulnerability negation
No, Poisoning the well is when you say or imply something about the opposing in order to remove attention from the argument. Not just attacking a fanbase.

And I've went through the CRTs for the past year. There is no mention of it.

I know, but I really want this thread to be concluded before someone come and decide to close it for toxicity. I refer to both sides.

@Hst If you disagree about accepted things, then make a CRT about and not post it in this thread

@User You can find your proofs to what HST said, but both don't continue arguing about non relevant stuff since this is becoming circular

Except it wasn't accepted? It's claiming that instead of Sonic's invulnerability being only useful to those comparable to or weaker than him, that instead every instance of him getting harmed in his Super State is just Invulnerability Negation which is unfounded.

I will post the thread soon

And no, Sonic was invulnerable against beings stronger than the ones who bypass the invulnerability

And I choose the middle option: Sonic's invulnerability scales to the amount of Chaos Energy he is using at any given moment. So say his AP is X then his invulnerability protects him against any damage up to 3X (3 is completely random). That way if he uses the same amount of energy as the Egg Wizard and the Egg Wizard has no attack that hits higher than 3X, Egg Wizard will not hurt him. While Egg Salamander might use Y=X/2 amounts of energy and Sonic will also use Y amounts of energy. Making him invulnerable to all attacks except those missiles which for instance use 3.5Y = 3.5X/2 amounts of energy. Thus reconciling both of your opinions and I think Solaris and Heavy King also fit into this.

Well it's how the "invulnerability works except when you get oneshot" thing that is silently agreed on on this site so if it's a trope that if you hit hard enough you can bypass invulnerability and Sonic follows that and you combine that with Sonic's variable tier then this makes sense.

Except Sonic doesn't, at all, like the Phantom King has the same feat as the Time Eater, yet one bypasses invulnerability and the other doesn't

Phantom King only does that with his strongest attacks says Sonic wiki.

Yes Zamasu I am using Sonic wiki again, I'm just asking a question so don't @ me.

No, Poisoning the well is when you say or imply something about the opposing in order to remove attention from the argument. Not just attacking a fanbase.

And I've went through the CRTs for the past year. There is no mention of it.

I'm the person who created the CRT to add Invulnerability Negation to some of the baddies, and I can tell you for sure it's been in a CRT. I'm not sure how long ago it was, so I don't know how easy it'd be to find it, but it was accepted but forgotten about and I never applied it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back