• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rj Palmer T.rex
vs
1036-Giganotosaurus 4dc7

Fight takes place in a forrest in an island full of dinosaurs.

The T-rex sits in his habitat, he's the ruler of the island until a challenger comes. The two face off.

Speed Unequalized (i'll equalize it if the T-rex is speed blitzed)

SBA

Very hard matchup.

Rex has most of the advantages overall, but it's in upfront combat that it's tougher. I think this can go in favor of Giga without speed equalized with very high difficulty, but T.Rex might edge with speed equalized. I feel like Giga has the right teeth and jaws to tear something vital out of Rex and end the fight pretty fast, but Rex can break Giga's neck if he gets a good hold.

Verdict: Giga>Rex narrowly without speed equal. Rex>Giga speed equal.

T-rex: 0

Giga: 1

Well, speed doesn't really matter since it's not like it's a race. Both have equal stamina so there's that.

Hyper Anon said:
T-rex: 1
Giga: 0

Well, speed doesn't really matter since it's not like it's a race. Both have equal stamina so there's that.
It does a little bit since for one, T.Rex wouldn't have the same momentum since it likely couldn't run fast, wheras Giga COULD run and had that benefit - maybe it could sway his first strike odds a little. Otherwise, i agree, it doesn't matter that much in this tier. Also, Giga has a larger/longer skull and reach advantage.

ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

It does a little bit since for one, T.Rex wouldn't have the same momentum since it likely couldn't run fast, wheras Giga COULD run and had that benefit - maybe it could sway his first strike odds a little. Otherwise, i agree, it doesn't matter that much in this tier. Also, Giga has a larger/longer skull and reach advantage.
IIRC, the T-rex had a stronger bite, better vision, and was smarter. So it has the edge in brains and possibly brawns. It depends on who's bigger. T-rex did fight faster prey tho.

Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

IIRC, the T-rex had a stronger bite, better vision, and was smarter. So it has the edge in brains and possibly brawns. It depends on who's bigger. T-rex did fight faster prey tho.
T.Rex has a stronger bite, yes. Better vision and smarter - yeah, but in melee combat how much does intelligence and vision actually give them when the teeth start meeting skin? Also, T.Rex likely couldn't catch it's prey - it likely pursued them and tired them out if anything, short ambushed some, or just scavenged and attacked weaker animals - or a combination of all of that. I honestly have a little bit of a tough time believing T.Rex could catch a hadrosaur outside of stalking/short ambushes.

ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

T.Rex has a stronger bite, yes. Better vision and smarter - yeah, but in melee combat how much does intelligence and vision actually give them when the teeth start meeting skin? Also, T.Rex likely couldn't catch it's prey - it likely pursued them and tired them out if anything, short ambushed some, or just scavenged and attacked weaker animals - or a combination of all of that. I honestly have a little bit of a tough time believing T.Rex could catch a hadrosaur outside of stalking/short ambushes.
While the giga is facing off against the T-rex, the T-rex could use it's binocular vision and it's intelligence to attack the giga where it can't see the t-rex. Also the T-rex may have survived worse. IIRC, triceratops and other dinosaurs have t-rex bite marks. Also T-rex has bites than can break the bones of dinosaurs which stronger bones, so the T-rex might be able to kill the giga with a couple of bites but the question is can the T-rex land the bites. Can the T-rex manage to deal with it's opponents superior speed and land the bites before it bleeds to death? It's a close fight, I do see the winner passing out after the fight.

Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

While the giga is facing off against the T-rex, the T-rex could use it's binocular vision and it's intelligence to attack the giga where it can't see the t-rex. Also the T-rex may have survived worse. IIRC, triceratops and other dinosaurs have t-rex bite marks. Also T-rex has bites than can break the bones of dinosaurs which stronger bones, so the T-rex might be able to kill the giga with a couple of bites but the question is can the T-rex land the bites. Can the T-rex manage to deal with it's opponents superior speed and land the bites before it bleeds to death? It's a close fight, I do see the winner passing out after the fight.
It could abuse Giga's vision, but in that way? Not sure if T.Rex would understand or know how to do that. Also, same could be said for Giga - titanosaurs, south american spinosaurs possibly, other gigas and so on. Yes, there are some fossils with t.rex teeth marks, and marks that had healed over on various animals. Some triceratops had teeth marks on the shield portion that had healed over too

ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

It could abuse Giga's vision, but in that way? Not sure if T.Rex would understand or know how to do that. Also, same could be said for Giga - titanosaurs, south american spinosaurs possibly, other gigas and so on. Yes, there are some fossils with t.rex teeth marks, and marks that had healed over on various animals. Some triceratops had teeth marks on the shield portion that had healed over too
Well, tbh I don't know much about the giga, but according to it's profile there's only incomplete remains, so we don't know if it fought the dinosaurs you listed. IIRC that's not the case for T-rex. The reason why those bite marks healed and those dinosaurs survived is because they have tough bones. The T-rex can survive bite marks from other T-rexes so it's likely more durable. I'm not sure who's stronger tho. The T-rex's bites can kill the giga but the question is can the T-rex manage to land a hit on the giga before he's speedblitzed to death?

Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:

Well, tbh I don't know much about the giga, but according to it's profile there's only incomplete remains, so we don't know if it fought the dinosaurs you listed. IIRC that's not the case for T-rex. The reason why those bite marks healed and those dinosaurs survived is because they have tough bones. The T-rex can survive bite marks from other T-rexes so it's likely more durable. I'm not sure who's stronger tho. The T-rex's bites can kill the giga but the question is can the T-rex manage to land a hit on the giga before he's speedblitzed to death?
They all lived in the same area and i believe some patagotitan remains have been uncovered with giga teeth marks in them. And no, the reason those bites healed was because a.) they escaped, and b.) the bacteria wasn't potent enough to kill them. Same thing can be said about Giga though - T.Rex wouldn't always survive an encounter with another rex and sometimes it did the same way lions, crocs, large birds etc could have. T.Rex has a stronger bite undoubtedly, Giga has sharp serrated teeth to replace the need for an immensely powerful bite. T. Rex probably was more durable overall, but TBH it's durability isn't that significant since it's still just muscle mass and not bony plates like an ankylosaurus for instance and Giga would certainly go right through that.

Its proven that gigantosaurus is much larger than the tyrannosaurus rex giving it the slight advantage to this fight

Back