• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Uhm, what am i even doing? Limbo vs Homura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
Homura can mindhax a literal concept
So she mindhaxes
...mindless boi. That's like saying she can mindhax a rock.

Mindhaxing a concept means she can mind hax abstract minds, not that she can mind hax what literally doesn't have a mind.

LightSShinning said:
If this her 7B key she mindhax and call it a day
Limbo...is literally...mindless. Like he cannot think or act.

I mean just read the last part of his profile.

Firephoenixearl said:
Schnee One said:
Homura can mindhax a literal concept
So she mindhaxes
...mindless boi. That's like saying she can mindhax a rock.
Mindhaxing a concept means she can mind hax abstract minds, not that she can mind hax what literally doesn't have a mind.
Both are actually non-sentient, so the analogy dosnt work lol.

Rocker1189 said:
Depends, does the concept have a mind to hax?
Obviously. What doesn't have a mind cannot be mind haxed. Same as how what doesn't have a soul cannot be mind haxed. Which is why both are immunity to soul/mind hax and not resistances.

You can try to mind hax a rock, but it won't work. Mind hax = messing with one's process of thought, a rock doesn't "have" a process of thought.

I mean doesn't this key have info analysis anyway

So even if she couldn't mindhax limbo, even though she can mindhax a concept which doesn't exactly have a mind anyway, she could find out about the operator and mindhax them

I know what you are saying, but if she somehow managed to mind hax a concept that does not have a mind then you know she could mind hax Limbo. Of course it makes no sense but this is fiction what can I expect lol.

Paul Frank said:
I mean doesn't this key have info analysis anyway
So even if she couldn't mindhax limbo, even though she can mindhax a concept which doesn't exactly have a mind anyway, she could find out about the operator and mindhax them
Depends on 2 things. If she uses it in character. And how good it is. I touched upon this topic in the Rohan vs Limbo thread. The Operator is not part of Limbo so normal info analysis wouldn't work. Most info analysis usually show everything in detail about the being being analyzed. This case would be like info analyzing a car to find out who the driver is and where he's located.

Yes I believe what they're saying @Firepheonixearl is that mind haxing a concept should give you the ability to mindhax a mindless being.

I would need more context, but if I could control the concept of hunger or death with my mind, then I should be able to control someone without a brain. Both are literally brainless.

Rocker1189 said:
I know what you are saying, but if she somehow managed to mind hax a concept that does not have a mind then you know she could mind hax Limbo. Of course it makes no sense but this is fiction what can I expect lol.
That would be...just outright weird. By our standards that'd be a mindhax that bypasses immunity but gets nailed by resistance. xD

Firephoenixearl said:
Depends on 2 things. If she uses it in character. And how good it is. I touched upon this topic in the Rohan vs Limbo thread. The Operator is not part of Limbo so normal info analysis wouldn't work. Most info analysis usually show everything in detail about the being being analyzed. This case would be like info analyzing a car to find out who the driver is and where he's located.
Idk if she uses it in character

But the operator and the frame are technically the same being so it should work ontop of this if you want to say that's false the connection to the operator is definitely part of Limbo and would be revealed with info analysis

Firephoenixearl said:
That would be...just outright weird. By our standards that'd be a mindhax that bypasses immunity but gets nailed by resistance. xD
Depends on the resistance. But pretty much yeah. But I know nothing about Homura so it is up to others to prove it.

So

Person who can mindhax someone whose consciousness exists beyond the multiverse

vs

Person whose defense against mind hax is having his "consciousness" (The Operator) far away but definitely not that far away

Homura mindhaxes unless i'm missing something

HierophantDeluxe said:
Yes I believe what they're saying @Firepheonixearl is that mind haxing a concept should give you the ability to mindhax a mindless being.
I would need more context, but if I could control the concept of hunger or death with my mind, then I should be able to control someone without a brain. Both are literally brainless.
Depends. If the concept is really mindless then it shouldn't be able to act like at all. If it acts that would prove it's not actually mindless. I mean a concept with a mind makes MUCH more sense than mindless being mindhaxed...for obvious reasons. xD

But technically yes. If people can prove Homura can mind hax something that's mindless on the same level as Limbo, then yes she would be able to in some god forsaken way mind hax a mindless being like Limbo. (I feel dumb saying this xD)

Yes and no.

They are not the same being. The Operator is not Limbo's consciousness. So trying to mind hax limbo wouldn't result to mindhaxing The Operator.

On the other hand yes, if Homura can find out about the operator she mind haxes The Operator and calls it a day.

Paul Frank said:
But the operator and the frame are technically the same being so it should work ontop of this if you want to say that's false the connection to the operator is definitely part of Limbo and would be revealed with info analysis
The 1st part is false.

The connection (void energy) is as much part of limbo as electricity is part of a toy car. So while it may be revealed depending on the level of info analysis. Don't forget that transference works by creating a void avatar. So she would learn about something that resides insides the warframe, not about the true operator. There is not a direct link between The Operator and Limbo. The Operator manipulates the energy inside Limbo through his "hax". So again as i said this part really depends on the feats of said info manip. If it has good enough feats it will work, if it doesn't it won't.

Not the same being, but the only two possible scenarios are:

1) Limbo doesn't get an Operator in which case he can't do anything

2) Limbo gets an Operator so it's literally the same "doing stuff through a body that's not my actual body which gets mindhaxed leading to the being controlling it being mind haxed".

Madoka's m-bodies are not her actual self either, that's always stays above the multiverse, didn't prevent Homura from affecting her true self

1) My apologies but could you restate this part. I didn't get it.

2) (It's like the 5th time i use it in this match alone but...) Depends:

1. Madoka's bodies are still avatars/clones of her true self. So basically they are still part of her. Limbo and the Operator is not the same though. The Operator is just a kid who got so cocky with his newly found void powers that he created a metal body to contain his strength (it was too great) and manipulates energy to move the metal body and save the solar system. There is no avatar like connection between the two.

2. Did she know about madoka's consciousness residing across the multiverse?

1) But the connection is obviously there. The Operator's page literally says

"Through a process called Transference; the children's consciousness's and abilities can be remotely channeled through a surrogate body, a Warframe. It was through these children's powers that the Orokin could combat the Sentients during the Old War before their society's collapse."

Literally the only difference is that Madoka creates the body.

Heck, literally every magical girl works via a remotely controlled surrogate body.

2) No

Yeah, a process called transferrence, which is short for:

The Operator manipulates energy inside the warframes to make them move. If said energy leaves the warframe, the warframe can't move.

Well yes that was my point. That's the difference, because the bodies in PMMM's case have a "true self" kind of relationship.

By "no" you mean "no homura didn't know about the fact that that was a puppet and that madoka's consciousness was a multiverse away"?

TriforcePower1 said:
1. Homura's mindhax is passive

2. Homura's mindhax has range

3. Homura's mindhax can mindhax Operator

4. Homura did nothing wrong to get downplayed so much
1. Useless it's not about active or passive, we'r discussin more about work or not work.

2. I dun get this

3. Yes, never said it can't.

4. Sorry bout that. xD

Schnee One said:
That feels.....Wrong.....

Where is the thread?
Schnee why you do dis? You're literally the one who said:

Schnee One

Way I see it

If he resists=Stomp via everything

If he doesn't=Grimmon thinks

Though the thread died out, cus this was before the whole mindless point was solved and no one participated in that thread ever again.

I mean.

In PMMM it's a sentient rock possessing an otherwise dead body

In Warframe it's a person possessing an otherwise dead body

And I meant that Homura had no idea about the "true self" deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back