• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I kinda doubt the mindhax works though since nids can be better thought f as appendages of thr Hive Mind.

Also Swarmlord should be able to survive planet busting due to that durability and nids just generally being super hard to permakill

There's more than one Swarmlord, iirc. Nids aren't my area of expertise though so I'd have to look into them a bit more.

Self sustenance was a relatively recent thing. Pretty sure it should be able to but I can look for that too

I still have some issues with assuming that's how they even used those items at all in any capacity.

Which makes me think, how did Steven and the others escape?

@Sir Talk no jutsu

literally

Steven asked her to let them go and offered to tell her all of his adventures so she wouldn't be lonely when they were gone

If Fable didn't trap connie there's a very good chance they wouldn't have even figured out that they were trapped in her Tome in the first place

If the Swarmlord get permanently trapped, incapacitated or killed the Hive Mind can just remake it whenever it wants.

Also, for whomever is wondering how many Tyranids are invading, it's the entire Tyranid race. Which means every type of Tyranids (including the psychic ones).

I don't know what does the biomass issue have to do with it. They can reabsorb any tyranid killed if there's a body, and any other planets with any of their god knows how many ships that actually have biomass.

Not to mention we are talking about Quintillions of nids. That'll take a while to completely do away bit to put it mildly, and the Hivemind is learning more and more with every single encounter.

I feel like that Gems are just too few to put a dent in the nids. They can LITERALLY just throw themselves at the Gem planets until they kill everyone.

Except that, excluding Rippers and Gaunts, all of those fodder get equipped with High 6-C weaponry, and an actually very big number of the Tyranid types are High 6-C themselves.

Anything that isn't a diamond, the diamond ships and their strongest weapons like White Light get one shot or severely hurt.

And these fodder along with their weapons can be easily regurgitated en masse. Not to mention the immense strategic skill of the Swarm Lord, if rippers and Gaunts only waste time and energy, they'll disappear in no time and their resources used for something better.

What about the gigafoe carnifex from that time 3 of them killed an Avatar of Khaine and one of those once killed Skarbrand

What do you mean that's one of the worst examples of inconsistency in this verse?

Well, considering a large enough group of them could fell a greater daaemon (even if a very large group), and the only ones that reach the very top of High 6-A are the Diamond ships, incomplete cluster and I assume the diamonds themselves, weapons like White Light don't, I see it making a lot of sense.

@Wok You should now Avatar of Khaine are fodder, soon enough even an IG normal soldier will fell one ovo

I mean Goto once had random kids destroy an eldar tank by throwing rocks at it so you never know, hell Ahriman beat the avatar of the strongest Eldar God so they still jobbing

It's not as bad as Ward, but hearing Goto's name gives me shivers.

@Weekly I meant that White Light doesn't scale way up High 6-A like the cluster and diamond ships. Plus, Greater Daemons go quite a bit above High 6-A.

How far into high 6-A are they? Because White Lights have feats of casually fodderizing characters like Alexandrite

Unless there's some massive differences I don't remember, a Greater Daemon of Nurgle should be into the Tier 5 range at the very very least.

But aaking Wok may be better.

Okay because a cadual White Light fodderized Alexandeite who is equal to Malachite who is disgustingly steonger than full power lapis who is immsely superior to Lapis' 45 petaton feat that she performed casualyl while weakened and suffering from a cracked gemstone

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay because a cadual White Light fodderized Alexandeite who is equal to Malachite who is disgustingly steonger than full power lapis who is immsely superior to Lapis' 45 petaton feat that she performed casualyl while weakened and suffering from a cracked gemstone
it's 35 petatons haha gottem

In terms of scaling, even the weakest GD's should be far above this dude.

Since characters like the Diamonds are allowed here (and Weekly argued for the Cluster despite taking years to active and requiring hundreds of gem shards to create, and the Cluster that is active isn't even on their side in the first place); Tyranids strongest characters should be here as well; and they're 5-A or above (at least I know of a 5-A one). I should point out in every other empire fight like this, we've had characters get restricted and the thread got closed pretty much instantly since it makes the results false as the other empire would only defeat an extremely nerfed enemy.

You've mentioned the Cluster which they both: Don't have, and requires a crap ton of prep. (The only one that exist is on Earth and has never helped Homeworld)

I highly doubt the Tomes will work. They have to know which person to bfr without getting one shot by one of the many 6-C to high 6-A Tyranids. And I'm pretty sure some of the Stronger Tyranids also hilariously outrange the Tomes as well.

Tomes can BFR entire towns worth of people into just one of their chapters and Gems have shown no qualms with trapping their own soldiers in tomes if they need to

I know; I was talking about range. Some of the Tyranids have planetary range while the tomes only have tens of kilometers. They are also only high 7-A so any Tyranid 6-C and above one shot.

Cool, the Tyranids wont know what is coming for them and they get hit with an AoE BFR

Tomes dont have high 7-A ap, only Fable does, you cant oneshot your way out of a Tome

I reading some of the other Tyranid threads. They better have over thousands of tomes just on standby at all times and be perfectly willing to use all of them instantly because if not, they're going to get overwhelmed. There are millions to billions of Tyranids while special things like the tomes seem quite rare. Even if they have enough to bfr literally ever Tyranid, and assuming Fable was literally the worse tome out of all of them (because apparently she's the only one with high 7-A Durability). The Swarmlord (the 5-A character) is stated to be one of the smartest Tyranids, and based off its intelligence justification would join the battle way after the point the Tyranid's found out Homeworld has Bfr as it only shows it when brute force fails.

They dont need to BFR every Tyranid ever, Gems have more than enough firepower to oneshot all but the Swarmlords

The only things that one shot most Tyranids are The White Light; and consider how Rose's rebellion was constantly pushed back every time they showed up but still didn't instantly fail despite only having 7-A soldiers at best. I'm pretty sure they don't just send out a shit ton of white lights when something new just randomly starts fighting them. Plus the White Lights still have to deal with the sheer number of Tyranid's while making sure the tomes don't destroyed or messed up somehow within all this fighting. Also they have to make sure one of the like seven different 5-B to 5-A people (one of which is a super genius) doesn't just sneak past the tomes while they're dealing with millions of other high 6-A's, and just kill the Diamonds getting rid of the biggest threat.

Edited my comment (just making sure you notice). I changed it near the end so my last point makes more sense.

Back