• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two aliens that got their planets destroyed fight

Lion-O one-shots. Stomp.

Edit: Wait, nvm. Didn't see the dura.

Supes blitzes hard so you might want to equalize speed, I'll go into the match under the assumption that you did.

Anyway, Supes can one-shot with a tap and has the manuverability advantage with his flight. On the other hand, Lion-O can also one-shot with his sword and can shoot energy blasts at Superman while the latter is in the air. While he can dodge most of them, any single one can screw him over so he'd need to close the distance quick. Once close, he can beat him by using heat-vision though Lion can block it with his sword and blast back.

Personally, I see Lion-O landing a hit before Superman can fry or tap him. Voting for Lion.

Could you also equalize speed? My argument hinges on that otherwise it's a mismatch.

Bump in intervals of at least 8 hours, otherwise it becomes bothersome.

Superman going heat vision is highly in character, and even if Lion blocks it Superman can just adjust his vision where he isn't blocking and hit him that way.

Well yes, never refuted that. However, he'd have to close the distance to use his heat-vision while Lion can continuously blast him with energy from afar. I find the odds of even one beam hitting him a lot more likely than him closing the distance and landing heat-vision on Lion without being tapped even once.

Also, unrelated but if the power in the sword is 5-B then wouldn't the force-fields made from it scale? Or was that already discussed?

Planck69 said:
Well yes, never refuted that. However, he'd have to close the distance to use his heat-vision while Lion can continuously blast him with energy from afar. I find the odds of even one beam hitting him a lot more likely than him closing the distance and landing heat-vision on Lion without being tapped even once.
Wait, isn't his heat vision is like beams or it's only comic thing? I watched only 3 episodes of the animated series

Then why does he needs close distance if his heat vision is beams? Unless they have limited range

Under SBA, combatants start at the edge of the largest range of the two as long as it doesn't exceed 4 km. Superman only has several dozens of meters or range with heat-vision compared to Lion-O's several hundred meters.

Planck69 said:
Hundreds of meters to cross due a character who not only has more then enough expirience to dodge at that distance but also is as fast as the projectiles he's shooting out when the projectiles not only have to cross that distance and he can just fly different directions whenever he wants leads me to believe it's more likely Superman can cross this

Secondly, Lion-O doesn't have massive projectiles in the dozens, he shoots a few at a time.

Good one. Lion-O and the Thundercats as a whole really deserve more attention. Might be a bit of a tough call but is DCAU Superman vulnerable to magic? I know the comics crossover isn't canon and it's not reliable but it did raise a good point on why Supes could be affected by the sword of omens.

Anyway, Lion-O does have some pretty decent dodging feats against lasers in the comics so I can't say Superman would one shot him with heat vision. If they were to get physical it would be tricky but Lion-O once clashed with an enemy hard enough to create eartquakes so it's closer than you may think. I'll go with inconclusive until I form a better opinion.

@Schnee One I don't doubt it but since Lion-O has force field generation and long range options of his own I wouldn't call it a deciding factor.

Most of those powers come directly from the blade so yeah, I'd say so. Other than the feat of holding a planet together, the Sword of Omens is also treated as the most powerful object in the verse which should say something since the destruction of Thundera was caused by the Sword of Plun-darr.

Loh67867 said:
Okay, so in your opinion, should the Thundercats comics be appliable for feats? I notice that some of He-Man's best speed feats in here are from panels directly from the comics and nobody seems to be against that. If so, there's also the question of what comics are fair game, the ones made during the show seem fine since some of them are direct adaptations of the episodes and made from the teleplays. The ones by Wildstorm are tricky but they take place after the show so they don't contradict much of anything.

Clyde McReady said:
Loh67867 said:
Okay, so in your opinion, should the Thundercats comics be appliable for feats? I notice that some of He-Man's best speed feats in here are from panels directly from the comics and nobody seems to be against that. If so, there's also the question of what comics are fair game, the ones made during the show seem fine since some of them are direct adaptations of the episodes and made from the teleplays. The ones by Wildstorm are tricky but they take place after the show so they don't contradict much of anything.
Idk, i guess if nobody is against He-Man, then nobody should be against Thundercats comics

Back