• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twilight Sparkle Vs The Batter

I just realized: I don't actually have to convince everyone else; just you. You decide which votes are or are not valid, not the people arguing. All we do is present arguments to try and convince the thread maker to count or discount votes.

So in lieu of the counter-arguments and new information presented: Have I convinced you? Of anything? If not, then why?

Pheonix: Looks like the win needs to be removed anyways. Ricsi either changed votes or retracted his. Either way, it means Batter no longer has the Seven votes he needs.

Sorry I haven't updated the Votes I've been having problems with notifications. GIve me a moment and I'll update them.

EDIT: Votes have been updated

Phoenix821 said:
Sorry I haven't updated the Votes I've been having problems with notifications. GIve me a moment and I'll update them.

EDIT: Votes have been updated
I'd remove this from the profiles. Since Batter no longer has the votes. Plus the match is back on.

Eternal figure said:
Oh the match is back on? Batter it is
Really? Explan how he gets past her shield? His power nulling has to physically hit her body. Lucky Twilight has an passive shield. And you can forget about existence erasure, he needs to kill her for it to take effect, and that ain't happening anytime soon.

So, Twilight has a passive ability The Batter can't overcome, and that prevents him from doing anything at all, and she also has a massive AP advantage and BFR that she was shown to use in character?

One guy can't do anything + The other guy can finish him in a second = Stomp, close this.

"According to perpeptual, the Alpha nulls with an "somewhat obvious grapple"."

Well, at least, based on what I can glean from the attack animation/the fact that half of the Competence's name is "Embrace". Whatever the case may be, it's a melee range thing. Granted, the Add-Ons for all intents and purposes are as skilled fighters as Batter, so it's not like they're going to miss every attack they ever throw.

"And you can forget about existence erasure, he needs to kill her for it to take effect, and that ain't happening anytime soon."

...I spent basically the entire thread explained why this bit, specifically, isn't the case, but okay.

Anyways, @Lightbuster, care to explain the force-field in more detail? Thus far you've been treating it as an end-all, be-all thing that isn't ever going to be broken no matter what, as far as I can read. That's... kind of the definition of a stomp if that is true, for starters, but somehow I don't think that is the case. At any rate, what all can it defend against?

"Look at the arguments. If you think my counterarguments are good enough, then remove votes"

Side note: No, you can't do that. I couldn't either, if I thought that a character I liked was losing because of reasoning I don't agree with. The only time that anything like this is doable is when votes are based on something that is objectively, entirely false, or if a character's stats have changed since the match was made, and even then it's considered common courtesy to simply restart the thread rather than edit out some of one side's votes and keep going with it.

I'm just saying, if there's really nothing The Batter can do to actually affect her while she has that passive shield, like people are saying, then this isn't really that fair.

Did you not say that while his EE is tied to his physical attacks, it needs to destroy their bodies first before outright deletion? Weren't those your words?

The shield is powerful enough to block attacks from Tirek. I don't see Batter smashing it any time soon.

You can't? If votes have been countered (and I'm not saying I have), then should they not be removed?

...after the initial Exist Erase wave, yeah, sure. She'd have to make it through that first, is all I'm saying (which I at least had already accounted for coming to the conclusion I did, see above.)

Twilight's forcefield can block attacks, but for how long? All it really seemed to demonstrate was the power to take a single such energy blast before Twilight kamehameha-ed Tirek and stuck him in a cage. If you have four people at least somewhat comparable wearing it down, I don't see it lasting indefinitely.

If the OP could just delet whatever votes that they think might've been countered, or that rely on reasoning they don't like (assuming that it is at least logically valid), every single Versus thread would just be a race to see how quickly the favored character can rack up seven votes, while taking every single objection to the less favored character's votes to be "decisively countering" them. The underlying bias of the thread-makers would run wild with nothing to check it. Not trying to invoke Slippery-slope Fallacy here, I've legitimately seen this sort of thing happen all the time in the past... it's not really a pretty sight.

Maybe Anecdotal evidence is all I've got, but... well, I'll just say I wouldn't do that if I were in @Pheonix's position. If the thread really did devolve into lol-angry-shouting-match, I'd just close it, then maybe try again one day when the weather's nicer, so to speak. I really don't think it has, though... what's the vote tally at the moment, 6-6? I'm pretty sure even a single additional vote will close the thread.

...I think it's Inconcl. regardless? IIRC, there has to be a 2 or 3 vote lead to be considered a win. It's been a while since I've touched up with the specifics of the Vs Thread rules.

ThePerpetual said:
I'm taking into account you taking her surviving the wave into account.

Yeah, but not fast enough for Twilight to blast them all for it. Once she kills Batter and Omega, thats that, they are the only healers. Twilight has entire kms to begin with, while Batter has melee range, hundreds of meters via add ons, and planetary via an attack Twilight might survive.

Fair enough. I don't like it, but fair enough.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't Twilight's shield block the Purification anyways? It's a wave of light. I'd assume that it would only erase what the light hits, so the shield would be gone while protecting Twilight from the wave.

Also, Batters Purification is for all intents and purposes: Reality Warping. It erases via Reality Warping stuff out of existence. His Purification is the whole reason Batter has Reality Warping.

It should be noted that friendship magic can undo reality warping, setting things back to normal. Meaning: Twilight could use her power to counter warp Batter. We really need to keep Rainbow Power Twilight for this to keep this from stomping. This is the only version who can counter Batters OH-KO. Batter will still be able to hurt her. One of his add ons can attack through shields. (doesn't inflict paralysis or power nullification).

Does the add on that attacks through shield have any hax, or does it just attack normally? Cuz simply attacking won't do shit to someone who is so much stronger than you, that's kind of the entire point of Durability.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Does the add on that attacks through shield have any hax, or does it just attack normally? Cuz simply attacking won't do shit to someone who is so much stronger than you, that's kind of the entire point of Durability.
The add on just says it ignores durability. Don't know it's nature or to what extent.

Back