• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twilight Sparkle Vs The Batter

Alright, I've been reading up on the arguments-

Twilight really... doesn't have anything The Batter hasn't already seen before.

I guess she's more versatile, arguably, but not all of those abilities are necessarily going to be of much help, meaning that trying to use them would be a waste of time. Against four seperate entities all attacks simultaneously in different ways, some of which have attacks that directly target the opponent rather than emitting some projectile, wastes of time are the last thing one would need...

The Batter seems to have at least comparable AP/Dura, if not better, so that's not an issue, and its not like his Add-Ons can't throw on more beyond that.

But, really, its about the hax, isn't it? What of Twilight's can The Batter overcome?

Transmutation/Petrification: Arguably. His body's inherently abstract/subject to change based on the perspective of The Player, so any attempts to make it something it isn't "supposed to be" within the context of the setting might not register. If it does work, its not like one of the other Add-Ons can undo it immediately, while the other two keep up their attacks. His Add-Ons are metaphysical/spiritual beings in nature, so they have no physical mass to transmute to begin with (batter arguably doesn't either.)

Mind Manipulation: Unless Twilight has some crazy powerful mind hax feats: you're going to need to break millions of people's worth before we start talking: he's had worse. And again, this is also curable.

Sealing: To where? If it's anything like The Quee's attempt to bar him from the entirety of his game's reality, he's got The Player and/or his own hax resist for that.

On The Batter's end of things, if this fight is taking place somewhere where there's no "Guardian" actively supplying the area with their soul, there's nothing stopping The Batter from immediately just wiping the planet with Purification- this, in character (in-character being something we've neglected up to this point I think), is the first thing The Batter would always lead with given the chance. It's literally his sole purpose. This, at least as it pertains to the fight:

> Erases from existence everything immediately nearby, as seen in the aftermath of Enoch's fight, and erases at least the majority of "impure" things across the rest of the planet.

> Summons hordes of "secretaries" across the planet that attack on sight.

If Twilight has no resistance to this, her odds of survival are slim... the only person who notably survived this (somehow) is a single Elsen bunkered down in a building on Zone 2. Why, nobody knows, but it technically can "miss," it would seem, under some circumstances. Still, not likely.

Lightbuster30 said:
Twilight seals. Those add ons aren't removing status effects from something that can undo straight up reality warping.
...except they can? And in fact, have? The Queen screwed with reality on a universal scale to keep The Batter out of the inner circles of The Room, and he got through that just fine.

At any rate, Batter seems to have most of the advantages here. Twilight could overcome the numbers disadvantage with her spirit alicorn thing/Summoning if it's not considered outside help in this instance, and could probably learn/copy all of his Competences (close enough to spells functionally), but in the intervening time she'd have to outlast an Existence Erasure wave plus a barrage of projectiles and abstract perspective/reality-warping stuff from three other sources, all of whom are more readily disposed to and experienced in combat most likely, all while trying to get hits in rather than stay on the defensive. She might win a match or two, maybe three of ten, but all in all seems The Batter takes it fairly handily. At least, from what I can see presented.

There are abilities that Twilight has that were supposed to be added but never were here not sure how useful they would be though.

If only we could add abilities from the comics Twilght has something from them that could be very helpful.

...seem nifty enough, probably grant a tad more versatility, but the "mouth to zipper" thing is actually precisely the sort of thing that The Batter might run into as far as "Mute" goes, OFF's verse is pretty bizarre like that. Resistance to Mind Control... might maybe to Madness? Maybe? Idk.

You can make a Content Revision thread if you'd like, I think

ThePerpetual said:
The Batter seems to have at least comparable AP/Dura, if not better, so that's not an issue, and its not like his Add-Ons can't throw on more beyond that.

Mind Manipulation: Unless Twilight has some crazy powerful mind hax feats: you're going to need to break millions of people's worth before we start talking: he's had worse. And again, this is also curable.
...except they can? And in fact, have? The Queen screwed with reality on a universal scale to keep The Batter out of the inner circles of The Room, and he got through that just fine. .

He really doesn't. Base Twilight for sure, but not anything above that.
I mean King Sombra mind haxed an entire city (maybe small country given the size of the Crystal Empire on the map). That's easily in the hundreds of thousands to several million, oh AND it was so powerful that it affected ponies even after 1000 years. So yeah, I don't think Batter is resisting THAT if Twilight uses it. Problem is, Twilight almost never uses her good hax in character...actually she was willing to try and mind control Discord, so maybe she'd use it...maybe.

So Batters add ons are gonna save him from having his powers sealed away? When they already work on reality warpers way more powerful than anything he has faced?

Erm...Universal scale? Then make a crt to bump them to 3-A or higher. Messing with the game /=/ messing with an entire universe.

...so, the mind hax is in the hundreds of thousands to millions. Same, about, as Japhet's low-end, who is far weaker than The Queen... so, nothing he's not faced before.

"Reality warpers far stronger than anything he has faced"

Such as who? How are these people far stronger?

At any rate, you're also making the assumption that Twilight opens the combat with all of these things, as opposed to the any number of other things she's opened combat with... I don't need to assume Batter will open with Purification, as he has done so literally every single chance he's got, wherever he's gone, as soon as is immediately possible. That's the entire point of killing the Zone Guardians: their being there and fueling the Zones with their souls stops him from doing that. That's his expressed purpose in the world.

The reality-warping in this instance isn't really a thing that's quantifiable in terms of AP, there's no point in trying to add it to her profile as such, I think. Simply in scale (i.e. fragmenting reality into different timelines with all of the "data" within overwritten in order to keep him out of The Room, in the form of different "save files.")

Uh, no. It's far higher than that. This mind hax continued for literally thousands of years without stopping. The duration of mind hax also comes into play when determining it's power.

Um Discord?

When did I ever say this? In fact I stated the contrary, explicitly admitting that she doesn't use her good hax in a fight. She does start off with petrification, which nulled Reality Warpers as strong as Discord. Have Batters add ons ever undone power sealing that works on Reality warpers? This isn't the same as reviving him because he took to much damage and dropped, or undoing effects like confusion. I apologise if I sound ignorant, but I have limited knowledge on Batter, but you can't just assume he can Pnull power sealing when he hasn't shown it.

How does Batter erase again? Does he have to weaken the zone bosses first, or can he just do it at anytime and kill them? And exactly how does he perform it? Can Twilight blast him in the middle of it?

It really doesn't matter. If you can RW on a straight up universal scale, it makes you universal. Planetaey scale, you get planet level, etc.

Twilight can seal away someone's ability to use magic, though it's from the comics so I don't know if we can use it.

Its basically the same as Muteness, which nulls powers and the ability to even use them.

Palsiness is muteness + Movement sealing.

SchroKatze said:
Its basically the same as Muteness, which nulls powers and the ability to even use them.

Palsiness is muteness + Movement sealing.
Has it worked on reality warpers like the queen? Then it depends on who hits first. Either he tries purifying and Twily gets erased, or Batter gets turned into a lawn ornament with his powers taken away, and given that is exactly what Twilight enjoys doing I'd give it to her.

The batters life goal is purificating, so he starts with it 100%, and how much casting time does her turning him into an ornament take, does it need to travel 4 kms to hit him?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The batters life goal is purificating, so he starts with it 100%, and how much casting time does her turning him into an ornament take, does it need to travel 4 kms to hit him?
I'd assume as fast as it takes to charge a normal laser since it took that long against Tirek. No one has bothered telling me what Batters charge time is, how he actually does it, and whether or not he has to weaken the Zone bosses first.

Her transmutation spell is an easily avoidable beam if I remember correctly. Batter's purification is a side-effect of his regular attacks.

Tell that to everyone that got hit by it.

It may be possible for Twilight to resist since Discord has EE and he couldn't use it on the Elements.

Aside from the fact that Discord cowers before the elements in spite of all his powers? Why would a guy who could warp things out of existence be fearful of something he should logically be able to erase?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
There is such thing called pis, and youll have to make a crt for that
Don't dodge my question with a one on answer. It's been consistently shown that harmonic magic >> chaos magic.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Just because you're superior to someone, it does not mean you're resistant to every single ability the character has.
It kinda does since if it were that easy Discord should have used it. No one has actually answered the question other than pis, and that ain't good enough.

But. If that is truley the case, then this needs to be closed asap. This is a hax stomp if Batter can EE with a thought. Everything else I can see Twilight dealing with, but on thought, in character EE with no resistance? This shouldn't even be a match.

Omni-King >>>> Hit. Omni-King doesn't resist Time Hax.

DIO >>>> Vanilla Ice. DIO doesn't resist Spatial Manipulation.

Goddess of Water >>>> Aku. Goddess of Water does not resist BFR through time or Transmutation.

Etc.

The ee is still connected with his attacks, so he can litirally oneshot by hitting her, or trying to, she would logicly need to hit him before he hits ANYTHING at all

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The ee is still connected with his attacks, so he can litirally oneshot by hitting her, or trying to, she would logicly need to hit him before he hits ANYTHING at all
So wait, he actually has to hit her for it to work?

Last I checked, the duration of a hax is not considered to have any correspondence to its power.

And Discord is stronger... why? The Queen isn't the only instance of inter-universal shenanigans, at any rate, Hugo is the creator of the switch that deletes the universe at the end of the game.

Why is Discord stronger? Has he pulled off superior reality-warping shenanigans to any of the above mentioned? Likewise, I am admittedly not knowledgeable on MLP in my case, but I can't just take your word for him being "stronger", as defined in a context of reality-warping feats at any rate.

Muteness as it functions within the verse is less literal muteness and more power-nulling. Many Competences within the game would not logically require speech, such as anything correlating to The Batter hitting a baseball at an opponent: in fact, the Add-Ons (who can also be "muted") demonstrably are incapable of speech, hence they aren't able to communicate to/with anyone but The Batter. Given that The Batter himself is a reality warper (at least with Purification), and he's also taken on The Judge's muteness (The Judge being similar to The Queen for the most part), I see no reason to assume that Omega's condition removal wouldn't operate as it normally does.

Even assuming it can't be overcome (not likely at all), there's nothing stopping him from just throwing out physical attacks as per the usual.

...uhh, @Ricsi? Minor clarification on the Exist. Erase, yes it is tied to his attacks, but it only outright deletes enemies who are first physically destroyed. He can't just one-touch everybody that exists, that would blatantly contradict the events of the game as portrayed. His Purification (I.e. in reference to that light overcoming a Zone thing) can, but he only uses it on the planet once and then its done- past that, it would be entirely out of character for him to purify in that manner what's already "pure."

Thus, in theory, if someone had sixth sense/precog. plus teleportation or something, they might just leave the planet to evade Purification, then come back for Round Two on the planet (unless that'd be out of character of them.)

Again, technically there's a chance it wouldn't work: certainly against a foe on par with The Queen in terms of raw power: but that's not high enough for me to give her a win/inconclusive, at least as of right now.

This is rainbow power Twilight who has a passive forcefield, and is vastly superior to Discord.

I believe the scaling is, Rainbow Power>> Full Power Tirek >>> 4 Alicorn Magic Twilight = Post Discord Tirek > Post Mane 6 Tirek > Post Shining Armor Tirek >= Celestia

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it? Is making a storm that lasts for a day less impressive than one that lasts for a few moments?

Queen scales to 1.07 KF. Discord stomps 2 4.08 KFs at once. Then why isn't Hugo at least 3-A?

Even assuming that Twilight can't seal, nothing stops her from blasting him over and over. He can only revive so many times before he runs out of CP. And she definitely can seal. Her sealing is good enough to Pnull Discord, and he can use his magic on the Smooze without getting nulled, while Celestia had her magic totally blocked.

Um, I can tell you with absolute certainty the gap between RP Twilight and the Queen is indeed great enough that Batters EE wouldn't work (assuming it does work that way).

Because that mindhax is a continuous output of the same magnitude of power, not some immensely higher magnitude that "runs out" over its duration. It's the same reason that say, creating full-blown hurricanes is only Large Town level (Its wattage, or Joules per second) rather than like, Small Country level, for creating something that can continuously pump that AP out over the course of a full day or more.

The Queen's ~1.8 KiloFoe, and the Batter... not stomped, but decisively overpowered her. At any rate, it's definitely not enough of a gap to assume all of a sudden that literally none of the Batter's hax work all of a sudden, let alone the initial Purification which has only minor inherent correlation to the target's AP (it does win back the AP/Dura advantages I suppose, at least barring stat buffing/debuffing, which of course would take time in-match.) The entire point of hax in the first place is that it overcomes raw power in most cases. I said "chance" for a reason...

You keep going on about Discord is far greater in AP than anyone in OFF's verse (which isn't true either, he's a bit more impressive but not overwhelmingly so), but that's not what I'm inquiring about here. I'm asking what his most impressive reality-warping feats are, as that is what is pertinent to determining how strong her assorted special powers are/how effective they would be.

Well, granted, Twilight can in fact just throw blasts out, though they're almost definitely missing if the guy has 4 km of space to react from. She'd have to get closer than that, I'd think, i.e. in range for his other attacks... last I checked, she wasn't that great in close quarters.

Hugo... should honestly be 3-A? At bare minimum, he/The Switch are far above both Discord and anyone in OFF's verse, given how effortlessly it wipes... everything. Doesn't exactly scale to Durability, but whatever I suppose. I'll go boot up a CRT sometime soon to address that bit.

Edit: Also, no one's addressed how Twilight's BFR works yet, that might be pertinent I'd think.

Except it does work that way? Magic has been shown repeatedly to be an energy source, both for spells and machinery. It runs out, and it has (ask Twilight). You don't have magic, you don't cast spells. Why? Because magic is fuel for them. But this a moot argument, as Twilight doesn't mind hax in character anyways.

That puts him a few times above her. Discord overpowered 2 people stronger than queen at once effortlessly, and twilight with RP >> Full Power Tirek > Pre-Alicorn Tirek > Discord >> 2 4.08 KF chars. Compared to Batter who is >>> 1.8 KF.

Well besides Hugo I meant. And he kinda is (powerwise) Well he has reversed a dimension so everything performs opposite just troll Fluttershy. Created at least two pocket dimensions, one of which is a pocket dimension of pure chaos. And brought fiction to life. According to Fluttershy he has probability manipulation (she quoted him opening up possibilities and impossibilities (admittedly very debatable).

Her all alicorn form was Teleporting all over Equestia, and her magic has several hundred million Km of range. I doubt range is a serious issue in a superior form.

Good on ya. Think it could be Low 2-C since it erases?

I'm more interested if she can Seal his power, since it worked on a guy who could resist Pnulling Slime (powerful enough to work on top tiers)

Back