• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twilight Sparkle Vs The Batter

Many of Batter's votes need to go anyways. Some of them cone from EE, which only works when he smashes Twilight with his bat, and only after he actually kills her. And that ain't happening with a passive forcefield. So those need to leave. Pnulling with mute needs to go too. The EoH nullify people who nullify powers, and protected the tree of Harmony from magic nulling plants. In other words: Twilight resists. So those votes go too.

FRA doesn't count when they have been disproved.

...@Lightbuster, I literally just spent like, the past three or four posts explaining why that isn't the case regarding the EE, within the context of the story. And then you agreed... and then two posts later you went back to saying it was on kill only? What am I missing here?

Resisting one instance of a sort of hax power is one thing, but not all hax powers are built alike. Some have better feats than others, and so it falls to you to demonstrate that this resistance is sufficient in this instance.

You don't get to decide what is and is not valid grounds for a vote. You certainly haven't "proven" anything, at any rate, you've mostly associated the power of hax abilities with AP when this is never, ever, ever the case in fiction unless specified within the verse in some way.

(Side note: Overpowering two people at once who are 4.08 only makes you some degree of higher than 4.08, not immediately double that. That's pretty rampant power-scaling abuse; if every such instance of that were to be taken as the literal equivalent of being stronger than both people at once AP wise, nearly every every long-running Shonen would be rated like, hundreds of times higher, potentially. Not exactly claiming that you specifically are asserting this, just throwing it out there for future reference.)

I still don't see why nobody's brought up BFR... that's how The Queen dealt with the guy when he tried to fight her inside of the Sun in the Room, just BFR'd outside of the game and scrambled all the code. The Batter wasn't really able to do anything about that without The Player loading him back in, who wouldn't be able to actively intervene here as it would be outside help, so imo its probably one of the stronger arguments hax-wise for Twilight winning.

SchroKatze since Batters pnulling is resisted by EoH. And Ricsi-viragos for on thought EE which got debunked. Perpeptuals arguments are fine. Sealing might or might not work. However, as far as I know, they haven't undone any status effect of power nullifucation. Especially when they do it to a power nullifier himself, who's magic resists an anti chaos spell.

I don't know if the add-ons can nullify something that nulls power nulling resistance. Assuming they can is a nlf. This would also take out any vote associated with their reasoning.

Wasn't it you who said Batter had to destroy his opponents first? As in kill them? I agreed with it being on thought until someone pointed out that wasn't the case.
You're the one arguing that the add-ons can nullify power sealing, when they haven't, as far as I'm aware that is. So you have to prove they can. Because the Elements have nullified resistances to nullification. He either resists or he doesn't. And by that same logic, I haven't seen palsys or mute nullify someone with resistance. Not to mention, no one has told me how they work. Are they projectile, or do they just *snap* hit like that?

True, but I do get to argue against points made by people.

Not my point. In terms of Raw power, Discord indeed holds the advantage, having not only stomped characters 2.26x Batter has, but having done so to characters who do their feats much more casually. As in "it's a literal day job for them, and not even using their full combat prowess." Casually. And this version of Twilight is very above Discord.

I thought Batters was immune, or would respond by erasing everything. So I didn't bring it up. BFR would be useful if she did it Starswirl style, dumping him in the human world.

So um thats it? Y'all Batter fans just gonna keep going "Batter powernulls"? You do realize The Elements repelled powernulling vines from a powerful reality warper right? You mind telling me when Batter's add-ons have nullified resistances to his powers?

Look I don't mind if Twilight loses, but actually make an effort to counter the arguments put in front of you. Only one person is actually bothering. Ruins the whole match.

The vines powernulled?

First off, I don't recall the Elements of Harmony beaming the vines. Those were only used on Moon, Discord, and the Pony of Shadows iirc.

Second off, I don't recall the vines powernulling magic. They just stabbed stuff, picked stuff up, etc.

I'm pretty sure I recall them absorbing magic from the tree to kill it, I may be wrong. It was their magic that repelled the vines. Once they were put back, their magic rejuvenated the tree, and killed off the vines.

Can someone please explain how mute and palsy is actually cast? I know for sure they worked on Discord (the Elements) and his magic worked on the Snooze. His magic also resisted an anti chaos spell. It'd be powernulling vs powernulling, and I'm going with the powernulling that gets past resistance to it, and turns reality warpers into lawn ornaments.

Lightbuster30 said:
...ah. Well then.

I'm not saying they'll just straight up negate power nullification, just that they can cure it with the assorted means available to them if the need arises as they have in every other instance thus far. There's no reason to assume that they wouldn't work now, since the guy's fought reality-warping such and such in the past, ergo we have no reason to assume it suddenly doesn't work. You'd need like, a feat demonstrating that it's incurable once it's landed in some way. If it's tied to her vines as @Edward seems to think, they would also have to land first, so there is that as well.

(The Batter power-nulling is temporary, for starters, and relies upon Alpha landing Open Embrace, i.e. a somewhat obvious melee grapple attack-type thing. Granted, Twilight as far as I can understand is mostly a wizard-y type that focuses on being skilled in the use of her powers over combat, so something like that would probably be pretty useful if it did work, but imo it's not exactly a super strong argument on its own given Twilight will almost certainly avoid melee if possible. Same thing with Palsy, that's attached to Alpha as well.)

...sorry if that came off as overtly hostile? Like, I just have a problem when people start trying to decide how other people ought to think or feel, which is how "FRA doesn't count when they have been disproved" came across tbh.

Alright, Twilight's got a decent AP/Dura advantage now that she's upgraded to Alicorn. That's fair, I don't contest that. I also don't lay claim to the Batter no-selling BFR; IIRC, his Spatial Manipulation resist is really minor, like it comes from one of the fodder Building level Spectres or something. ...technically dumping The Batter in the human world would be a win condition if she did that, but it might also result in the extinction of the human race depending on if they'd be considered "impure". So lol.

Basically, my thought process goes: "This seems mostly a good/fair fight, and I'd probably vote inconclusive, though given that the initial Purification wipe stands at least a decent chance at working I'm probably going to tip my vote in his favor." Literally just setting it in OFF's verse, where one of the Zone Guardians (Or The Queen in this case, since this is EoG!Batter) sitting there would stop that from happening to begin with, would switch me to Inconc. on its own... honestly, I think the specifics of the scenario in question are a lot more important than people in my experience tend to think.

After watching some videos it looks like Mute and Palsy need to actually hit in the first place....which ain't happening with a passive forcefield. So even if Twilight can't resist, it wouldn't really matter unless she got hit. Just going on what I've seen. If someone knows how they actually work, please tell us to end the confusion.

Yeah? Well I get annoyed when people make counter-arguments to the fra, and people ignore said counter arguments in favor of fra. Instead of making a counter counter argument, they just go on their merry way, and pretend like no one is objecting. F***ing lazy man.

I admit, I came off hostile demanding like I did, and that wasn't right, but fra spam gets ridiculous sometimes. And imao, is even worse. I kinda really get annoyed when people just brush my argument off. I Don't mind being wrong if people actually show me I am.

If it makes ya feel better.

Pinkie, RD and AJ should be getting Class K lifting strength.

@LIghtbuster30

I can understand your frustrations with FRA and i agree, but sometimes it is necessary to reach 7 votes.

@ThePerpetual

Maybe I could set the location somewhere? Would that be better?

But thats the thing. Batter is the one who needs feats. Remember Discord? The guy who's passive chaos resisted an anti-chaos spell? Ask him how his nullification resistance did against the Elements. Thats why I think it's uncurable, at least to the add ons anyway: It nullified Discord and his resistance. The add ons just don't have a feat like that. Reality warping is great, but it has different uses. Resisting one use of it doesn't mean you resist every use it has. If Batter can't get past nullification then he doesn't. You don't go assuming the add-ons can cure everything the Batter crosses. Powers have their limits.

But this is Rainbow Power Twilight, as in the Twilight with a passive shield, which Batter can't get past. If Batter and his add-ons need to make contact with Twilight, be it their own bodies, or a projectile, then they don't nullify.

I honestly don't care for BFR. All Twilight did with it was send Tirek to another place on the planet. Batter's speed alone would make that useless. If it was another dimension, then we have something to contest.

@Edward not really.

@Pheonix But that makes the match look like a sham. If you count fra that is being debated, then the whole match is invalid, because no one bothered to contest the contestor. Imo battles like that just look biased. I don't mind if fra is used, just as long as people don't ignore arguments against it.

Twilight can also BFR to the mirror pool.

I agree with you about fra it can be annoying when people use it while ignoring arguments.

Phoenix821 said:
Twilight can also BFR to the mirror pool.

I agree with you about fra it can be annoying when people use it while ignoring arguments.
Useful, but not in character. Her options are either: Blast until the add-ons run out of CO to revive, or seal him and his add-ons.

God if only Twilight used her best hax instead of lasers. She'd be pretty devestating. I really hope an episode shows her actually using hax mid battle just to end that.

Also Discord doesn't have powernull resistance or else he wouldn't be losing to the WAVES.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Also Discord doesn't have powernull resistance or else he wouldn't be losing to the WAVES.
I hwve no idea what that is, and there are no matches between either of them. And losing to someone with PN doesn't mean he doesn't have it. If Twilight's anti spell completely failing doesn't count, then idk what does. *EDIt* looked onto it. All the waves do is send to sleep, mess with memories, and alter stats.

Phoenix821 said:
Do you still think i should remove votes?
I do not know. Look at the arguments. If you think my counterarguments are good enough, then remove votes. But only if you think the arguments are good enough. The gist of it? Batter and his add-ons may nullify BUT need to physically hit Twilight according to Perpetual), which ain't happening when Twilight can fly away, Teleport, blast him for trying, and has an active forcefield that prevents Batter from making contact anyhow.

Esistence Erasure: according to Perpetual it isn't on thought, and erases only after destroying the target. It may be more problamatic. Look over the arguments. You decide which are good or not.

I hwve no idea what that is, and there are no matches between either of them. And losing to someone with PN doesn't mean he doesn't have it. If Twilight's anti spell completely failing doesn't count, then idk what does. *EDIt* looked onto it. All the waves do is send to sleep, mess with memories, and alter stats.

Yeah I forgot what they did because... I'm a forgetful.

As a note, I don't recall a resistance to PN on his profile though.

EDIT: MY EYES SUCK.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
why do you think he has the range he has? hes competences are long range
According to perpeptual, the Alpha nulls with an "somewhat obvious grapple". Unless these things can just activate theur ability, and insta hit Twilight, bypassing her shield, then that isn't happening. And even still, the RP powernull may just cancel it out anyway, since they can undo abilities as well.

Hold up not yet. The points are still being debated. A good number of points rely on power nulling that only works if it hits, how's that getting past the shield?

Phoenix821 said:
If you have more arguments then that's fine
Those are my counter arguments. I don't see how pointing out an auto shield would block power nulling, that explicitly requires you to hit the targets body, isn't a valid point.

Back