• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twenty-Fifth Baam vs. Ikki Kurogane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then that leaves my question, does the after effect of Ittou Rasetsu even matter since speed is equalized? Cause if it doesn't matter, then Ikki can still Desperado hax since he's not dumb enough to not use it after becoming 600x weaker (since he'd still get weaker if he didn't get slower.)
i assume so he only is 6-C and MFTL in that key via an amp, and even then they're at the same speed in that one second, Bam could just... inmobilize him via reverse flow control and spam attacks, so either way it's a stomp. Desperado(bloodlusted)? stomp for ikki. No desperado? Bam outstats after the second passes

It matters as Ikki can't stay in that form for more than one second...he will even get weaker because it forces his body a lot. Plus this match can't even be done without applying a rule on the OP saying that Ikki can maintain this "amp/state" for the entire match but in the end, the match can't continue as Ikki is just 6-C for the period of the skill and is not his normal state or something that can be for a prolonged period of time.
.......................Dude, Desperado. It's not like Ikki isn't strong enough to think for more than a few seconds. You didn't address my point of speed being equalized, so Ittou Rasetsu making him weaker wouldn't matter as he would most definitely use Desperado hax, since he still isn't slower than Baam.. And yeah, I guess the match can't be done either way if the gap in tiers violates some sort of wiki rules :/

i assume so he only is 6-C and MFTL in that key via an amp, and even then they're at the same speed in that one second, Bam could just... inmobilize him via reverse flow control and spam attacks, so either way it's a stomp. Desperado(bloodlusted)? stomp for ikki. No desperado? Bam outstats after the second passes
^^ Look up.

He won't have time to think to use desperado after he's 600 times slower and Baam can one-shot him with a punch. Speed amps are outside of the speed equal rule - they can't be restricted as it comes from skills and you can't restrict skill uses. You could make a speed equal match and one guy to have an attack that amps his speed to immeasurable - he won't be restricted.

I feel like this match is indeed pointless.

1. Bloodlusted makes a desparado stomp
2. Equalized speed will give bam the stomp due to blitz and lack of desparado
3. If i give speed equalization to 7-B ikki then he'll speed blitz and stomp baam.

Overall it's a stomp either way.

And yes ikki wouldn't have time to think for a few seconds. 600 speed gap is colossal. Every step he takes Bam would take 600 of them already. One thought from ikki is 600 thoughts for baam. By the time he thinks for a second Baam could unleash a barrage of black march slashes at him which would already hit him before he can even think to react.

Overall it's a stomp no matter what i do so we may as well close this.

Yeah i felt that they might be cause of the whole copying powers and abilities after seconds of an opponent using them thing, i even looked up stuff about ikki to make sure but it seems that i missed desparado.

Overall: all sides are a stomp and we shouldn't do this match again.

But I'm pretty sure speed amps that result in a speed blitz aren't allowed in speed equalized matches, so a downgrade in speed that allows another character to blitz shouldn't be valid either, I suppose.
They are allowed if the faster character blitzes via amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back