• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TTRPG discussion thread

No tabletop RPG's have consistently used threads weirdly, they seem like something people would talk about a lot. This was gonna be a D&D thread but honestly, without restrictions there will be far more potential for fun stories.

Use this to talk about profiles, funny stories, or tips for playing.

so uh I guess I really should get back into making D&D profiles, eh? I'm sitting on piles upon piles of pdfs of monsters and I haven't been working on them, ditto for slacking with Baldur's Gate profiles.

If you want to, sure. I was going to but I might want to wait till the fourm switch, but I might just try to put them in a blog or something.

9-B unless they have specific classes higher than that (example: a CR 2 is listed as having Spellcasting as a level 5 wizard, they'd scale to level 3rd tier magic, which is 9-A)

Thanks, so CR3 is when they get 9-A I guess? Good to know in case I want to finish up some of the Monster Manual stuff.

Oh, a TTRPG thread, guess I could stick here as the Anima thread is kind of inactive nearly as dead as the franchise.

Honestly, if I get some friends together, I might try Anima. What do you recommend? Where can I find it.

The place I known is Edgeent, but is in spanish/french of course, if you go by the typical "read it an then buy it", you can simple google it, is not difficult to find.

The more elemental books would be the Core Exxet, and if want to expand the uses of ki and combat, go for the Dominus Exxet, that one is pretty good. Lore-wise, Gaia I and II (last one hasn't been translated to english tho), and the bestiary and the Perfect World Guide has additional lore (without including the GoM videogames).

Ah yeah, and the Dramatis Personae (this one is free) and the Tactics that has the backstories of several NPCs, but no one has the Tactis. Other there's other books, like the Arcana and the Prometeum Exxet, but I personally do not like them so much (mostly cuz I do not like much mystical classes), and the Game Master Toolskit that have additional rules (ki unification in special is pretty useful).

00potato said:
Thanks, so CR3 is when they get 9-A I guess? Good to know in case I want to finish up some of the Monster Manual stuff.
CR 5 is when they access 3rd tier spells. So CR 5 and up is 9-A.

I forgot how spell tiers worked for a moment. It has been a few years since I could play a game of D&D (maybe with all that is happening I could start that campaign I've been planning though.)

00potato said:
Honestly, if I get some friends together, I might try Anima. What do you recommend? Where can I find it.
So, still interested on it, any help of how to find?

just gonna copy and paste something i posted on discord to no success

Campaign name: New Meatpunk
Host's Name: Rando or Stella
TTRPG platform: Lancer
Age Rating: 14+ (gore, violence)
Off Limits: Sex, real life politics being discussed (commies, republicans, etc. Anything to do with Trump or Biden). Sexuality won't have a focus as is the case in Extreme Meatpunks. We can add more things in Session 0, the discussion.
Format and Playstyle: Play By Post, 50% story 50% fighting
Available Play Time: Every Friday 3 PM to 9 PM, Saturdays-Sundays 7 AM to 12 PM. Sessions 2-6 hours long
Slots: 5

Premise:

Everywhere you look, you see that logo. Exxion, the corporation that owns everything you might need and then some. Your lights. Your food. Your water. Even your meat mechs, towering giants of destruction and death.

But that's fine with you. You just hop in and kill 'fash'- what Exxion tells you is 'fash', either way.

(TL;DR: you pilot meat mechs and kill people a corporation tells you to kill. Make characters that don't know the truth, it'll be revealed later.)

Disclaimer: I hate fascists, I'm not one of them (so don't bother saying that)

Not personally able to join but I passed this along to the Discord server for ye.

The Lad Forge. Not really a VSBW place but comprised of VSBW people. There's a channel for tabletop stuff, is all. I'll let you know if anybody mentions interest.

The Lad Forge. Not really a VSBW place but comprised of VSBW people. There's a channel for tabletop stuff, is all. I'll let you know if anybody mentions interest.
ok, by the way am making a book for it- it's called Organiamech now, i don't want to be sued by a bunch of pink haired ogres

Back