• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trevor Belmont (Netflix) vs The Highwayman (Darkest Dungeon)

Dismas cracked his neck as he leaned on the tree near the hamlet waiting for someone to arrive. The heir had been making progress in the Ruins, but there was a necromancer at the head of it all there. The highwayman, one of the heir's closest allies had heard tales of the Belmonts. A clan of monster hunters they were told.

The heir wasted no time, they requested a search for them. One arrived, Dismas was to meet them on the outskirts. Sure enough a scruffy looking man with a cloak was visible, he eyes the Highwayman with a glare and then said "You Dismas?"

A nod was given, followed then by "Yep, Trevor Belmont I take it?"

Trevor nodded back and said "Right, so you got a monster your wanting dealt with?"

Dismas stopped leaning on the tree and said "Yeah, but there's just one thing you gotta do first......" the Highwayman eyed Trevor's weaponry, knowing full well the Belmont had done the same.

"We gotta make sure we're getting what we're paying for, show me what you got." Dismas said as he readied his dagger and flintlock.

Frowning Trevor shook his head and readied his whip "Bloody hell, fine don't complain when I hit your fingers though!"

Speed is equalised. Both are 9-A, Highwayman's optional equipment is restricted for now. SBA otherwise.

I'm Trevor F***ing Belmont!: 1

Dismas gets a whip: 0

Incon: 0

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Trevor_Belmont_(Castlevania_-_Netflix)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Highwayma

Unsure as it's dictated by the player. He probably starts with either aoe gun attacks or stealth as he's primarily a ranged fighter besides his dagger

Btw, the Dual Whip Explosion can't be banned as it is (for now) 9-A aswell, I think

For the fight, Trevor's Whip can nullify magic projectiles and block normal ones, so I don't really see Highwayman giving actual problems against him with what he opens, and a ranged fight against this Belmont is really dangerous (Specially with Dual Wield Whips), if the rest of his arsenal isn't on character, Trevor will eventually nuke him with both Whips

Okay if I'm reading that correctly its about 17KG for Trevor?

So this is a bit of a silly question but iirc guns aren't a thing in Trevor's time, Highwayman's AOE is a grapeshot blast more or less but pistol sized so Trevor might have trouble blocking each of the shots even with speed equalised.

Maybe blocking them with the Whip might be hard, but Trevor can still dodge them since speed is equal

I see a good battle, but Trevor's Whip Explosion will finish the fight, what can Highwayman do to finish Trevor before he nukes the field ?

Bleeding inducement with knife is possible, Dismas is liable to use that up close. I know its a big nuke on Trevor's end but I'll say for the sake of argument that HWM is no stranger to aoe attacks that can hit the entire party and he can dodge them, but WE might be a bit larger than what's used to. Don't think stealth will help considering Trevor's no stranger to it though.

Yep considering the animation is HWM swinging his blade. It is pretty effective though cause it can stack (This might be game mechanics) and kill enemies in like a couple of turns. Though Trevor's got pain tolerance so he'd likely soldier on if Dismas nicked him once.

Not only his Tolerance, but his fighting style completely avoids that

In almost every fight Trevor opens with his whip, and keep the distance (see his fight against Alucard). Getting close to him will be hard, even more now that his has both whips

Wrong board mate. I'll change it.

Back