• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

If he's equal to his past self, why should he need a new key. If that were the case. We'd be giving 6 or 7 keys for Pre-DC IDW prime for him getting new looks

I think that he meant that there is not really a reason to separate the 2 in the scaling chain when they are the same character, just "Optimus Prime" would be enough, I guess

If he's equal to his past self, why should he need a new key. If that were the case. We'd be giving 6 or 7 keys for Pre-DC IDW prime for him getting new looks
Completely different equipments

Past Prime had Energon weapons, Flight and a lot of fire arms

New Prime seemingly lost his Energon weapons, got a separated sword, a gun shield, a hand gun and a new sword on his wrist that is different from the Energon weapons, and now doesn't need his jet backpack to fly

But his base pyhsicals are the same tho, that would just give him new keys for his equipment section.

Updated chart:

- Jetwing Optimus (I can't find it as of now, but there is a guide that says Jetwing prime is stronger and faster than Jet power prime)

- Jetpower Optimus (Defeated the fallen)

- Fallen (Implied to be much stronger than Megatron)

- Quintessa (Is likely stronger than TLK megs, but I doubt she's that strong physically)

- TLK Megatron (Overpowered Optimus with one arm)

- Sentinel Prime | Lockdown (Both outclassed optimus via sheer skill)

- Optimus Prime | The knights (Overpowered the likes of starscream ease. The knights are comparable to Optimus, should be higher as dragonstorm)

- Galvatron | 2007/ROTF Megatron (Both could contend with a bloodlusted Optimus. 2007 Megatron overpowered a held back Optimus)

- DOTM Megatron (Could tear apart sentinel, although sentinel was distracted)

- The Dinobots (Should be somewhat comparable to Optimus)

- AOE-TLK Bumblebee | Stinger | Drift (Contended with Optimus and lockdown but ultimately lost, Stinger is comparable to bee, drift overpowered bee but neither was taking the fight seriously)

- Shockwave (Shot down Optimus in the sky) Higher with the Driller

- Devastator (Individual Constructicons could harm the likes of Ironhide and Ratchet, should be immensely stronger than individual components

- Blackout | Starscream | Grindor (Both easily overpowered Ironhide and Ratchet and the latter shot 2007 Bee's legs off. Grindor should be comparable to Blackout)

- Bonecrusher (Optimus had to be the one to deal with him)

- Brawl (Could hold his own against Ratchet, Ironhide and Jazz)

- Ratchet (Contended with Starscream and superior to Ironhide)

- Hound (Harmed TLK Megatron)

- Sideswipe (Was knocked back by a shot from Sentinel, but survived)

- Ironhide (Could contend with starscream and is superior to 2007 bumblebee)

- 2007-DOTM Bumblebee | Barricade | Dino | Crosshairs | Hot rod (Barricade could contend with Bee while Bee finished off a weakened Brawl. Dino could harm the dreads who could harm Ironhide and Crosshairs could harm the KSI bots, who could harm Hound. Hot rod should be comparable to bee before tlk)

- Jazz | Soundwave (Jazz harmed Brawl. Soundwave tanked hits from Bumblebee)

- Cade Yeager (Could harm or stagger larger Cybertronians with weaponry)

Soundwave did not contend with Bumblebee. He got Trashed really bad, which made me upset that Soundwave of all Decepticons was a Jobber.

TLK Barricade should be higher. He’s definitely inferior to Bee, but he can still tank hits from him and Grimlock.

Optimus should have a second key for Post-2007 considering how he could overpower Megatron fairly easily in RotF while enraged.

Ironhide really didn’t hold his own against Starscream at all, he got clapped. Same with Soundwave, he didn’t land a single blow on Bee the entire fight.

Ratchet didn’t really do anything to Starscream either, but he did harm Brawl.

DotM Megatron should absolutely NOT scale to Sentinel. He shot an off-guard and distracted Sentinel three times before physically attacking him.

It is ony now that I found that OP's jet modes have different names, neat

For Quintessa, one could say she survived a shot from Bee

Devastator is really hard to find a tier TBH

Ironhide was a pushover for Scream

I would say to put Hound above Ratchet and Sideswipe aobve Ratchet as well, maybe above Hound

I do need to say that I am biased against Sideswipe, so take that wit a grain of salt

TLK Barricade should be higher. He’s definitely inferior to Bee, but he can still tank hits from him and Grimlock.

Optimus should have a second key for Post-2007 considering how he could overpower Megatron fairly easily in RotF while enraged.

Ironhide really didn’t hold his own against Starscream at all, he got clapped. Same with Soundwave, he didn’t land a single blow on Bee the entire fight.

Ratchet didn’t really do anything to Starscream either, but he did harm Brawl.

DotM Megatron should absolutely NOT scale to Sentinel. He shot an off-guard and distracted Sentinel three times before physically attacking him.
I mean, he was able to shot him once and Scream seems to mind that, plus Ratchet didn't seem that affected by Scream's missiles, but Scream is definetely a tiny bit superior

What are your suggestion for dotm megs, ratchet and ironhide?

I forgot about tlk barry.

The guide, since we're using that now, claims Optimus held back against Megatron, because of civilians around the area, this is backed by Optimus seemingly fighting less viciously then de did against bonecrusher and the alternate universe comic backs it up. Both the guide and the comic was writen by simon furman.

Devastator should probably have an At least, as the individual constructicons could harm characters like Ironhide.

What are your suggestion for dotm megs, ratchet and ironhide?

I forgot about tlk barry.

The guide, since we're using that now, claims Optimus held back against Megatron, because of civilians around the area, this is backed by Optimus seemingly fighting less viciously then de did against bonecrusher and the alternate universe comic backs it up. Both the guide and the comic was writen by simon furman.
DotM Megs (Sustained wounds from his last fight that are still healing and loosed his Fusion Cannon, so he should be weaker than before)

Ironhide (Was able to survive a blocked attack of Starscream with no injuries whatsoever while Bumblebee lost his legs, so he should be superior to Bumblebee)

Ratchet (Stated to be one of the only autobots to give Megatron a fight before being killed, superior to Ironhide, Knocked out Brawl, comparable, albeit slightly weaker, to Starscream, tanked a sword swing from Sentinel, albeit he was not seen until much later)

I found it weird how Ratchet has the most on screen feats and statements than any other Autobot besides Optimus, I even remembering he somewhat tanking a shot from Lockdown's face gun

Updated chart again:

- Jetwing Optimus (I can't find it as of now, but there is a guide that says Jetwing prime is stronger and faster than Jet power prime)

- Jetpower Optimus (Defeated the fallen)

- Fallen (Implied to be much stronger than Megatron)

- Quintessa (Is likely stronger than TLK megs, but I doubt she's that strong physically)

- TLK Megatron (Overpowered Optimus with one arm)

- Sentinel Prime | Lockdown (Both outclassed optimus via sheer skill)

- Optimus Prime | Knights (Overpowered the likes of starscream ease. The knights should be comparable to Optimus)

- Galvatron | 2007/ROTF Megatron (Both could contend with a bloodlusted Optimus. 2007 Megatron overpowered a held back Optimus)

- DOTM Megatron (Despite being weakened, should not be much weaker than his previous self)

- The Dinobots (Should be somewhat comparable to Optimus)

- AOE-TLK Bumblebee | Stinger | Drift (Contended with Optimus and lockdown but ultimately lost, Stinger is comparable to bee, drift overpowered bee but neither was taking the fight seriously)

- Shockwave (Shot down Optimus in the sky) Higher with the Driller

- TLK Barricade (Survived hits from Grimlock and Bumblebee)

- Devastator (Individual Constructicons could harm the likes of Ironhide and Ratchet, should be immensely stronger than individual components

- Blackout | Starscream | Grindor (Both easily overpowered Ironhide and Ratchet and the latter shot 2007 Bee's legs off. Grindor should be comparable to Blackout)

- Bonecrusher (Optimus had to be the one to deal with him)

- Hound (Harmed TLK Megatron)

- Brawl (Could hold his own against Ratchet, Ironhide and Jazz)

- Sideswipe (Was knocked back by a shot from Sentinel, but survived)

- Ratchet (Superior to Ironhide, survived a shot from Lockdown's face gun. KOed Brawl and was stated to be able to at least contend with Megatron)

- Ironhide (Survived a missile strike from Starscream)

- 2007-DOTM Bumblebee | 2007 Barricade | Dino | Crosshairs | Hot rod (2007 Barricade could contend with Bee while Bee finished off a weakened Brawl. Dino could harm the dreads who could harm Ironhide and Crosshairs could harm the KSI bots, who could harm Hound. Hot rod should be comparable to bee before tlk)

- Jazz | Soundwave (Jazz harmed Brawl. Soundwave tanked hits with Bumblebee)

- Cade Yeager (Could harm or stagger larger Cybertronians with weaponry)

Last edited:
Dragonstorm should be stronger than the knights as he is the combined form of the knights. didn't do much tho, other than trip infernocus. Dragonstorm should just be a seperate key. Your thoughts on the chart?

Devastator's individual components at least did something. Infernocus felt like an afterthought.

Do we all agree with the scaling, if so, we can dicuss about AP

Ratchet KOing Brawl and being able to fight Megatron should be mentioned in his scaling, but otherwise, I agree with it.

Ratchet KOing Brawl and being able to fight Megatron should be mentioned in his scaling, but otherwise, I agree with it.
Where was the Megatron statement from, considering he lost to starscream, I don't he could fight megs. He even ordered a retreat when Megatron appeared.

Back