• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

I'm not sure, it looks more of a hax thing rather than AP, but if I remember right, it has galaxy level range

They don't. The missile path directly leads to Optimus' back and then there is an explosion in his back that causes some some pieces of him to fly off. The missiles don't fly off-screen.

I am not talking about the two other missiles that hits the cars and explode in front of Optimus, if there os a confusion.
I know which missiles you're talking about, and I'm saying they absolutely didn't do that. There's two explosions and two missiles on screen that hit him, unless you're claiming that non-explosive burst of sparks on Optimus' back was the result of a missile, in which case I must ask why there aren't 2 impacts and why there's no missile visibly hitting him?

Last edited:
Well, that seems pointless, as even if he scales or not, we don't know and probably can't find the ark's dura

@Primestar They don't lead towards Optimus. They're on a downwards arc away from his body if you play it at 60 fps. The explosion on his back also happened straight after they were obscured by his back, meaning they'd have to be dozens of times faster.
Pretty sure the missiles aren't that big in comparison to Optimus, and they were closer to Optimus than you think. That would explain how fast they appeared to reach him, because they were pretty close to him when they were being obscured by Optimus's body.

This is how small one of the missiles is in comparison to Optimus (the object in the red circle, partially obscured by bushes or something):

7683864-20201125_145316.jpg

So, pretty small.

(This is not the missile that hit Optimus, but it is the same type as that.)

What is the Ark's dura in the novels?
NASA scientists in the novel calculated that if Ark hit Earth, it would create a crater the size of multiple cities, or even possibly sink or split a continent. They also calced that it was travelling at 33,000 mph.

Then it hit the Moon instead. The ship survived the impact mostly intactin the novel as well.

Some say that since the Moon doesn't have an atmosphere, the meteors going towards the Moon doesn't slow down and thus hit with more impact than on Earth. So, if that is the case, then the Ark impact should be even more violent than it would have been on Earth, right?

In that novel, Starscream's missiles could damage Ark's stabilizer (I'm guessing something akin to plane stabilizers).

Hm. But if we're planning to scale Optimus to the novels, that needs a seperate key, and depends on the context as well, as the novel differs a lot than the movie

Hm. But if we're planning to scale Optimus to the novels, that needs a seperate key, and depends on the context as well, as the novel differs a lot than the movie
Though the novel is a little inconsistent when it comes to feats. The narration says that Shockwave weapon is powerful enough to incinerate a tank (that kind of firepower would obviously be nothing to Ark durability). It also said that if there was an accident in the NASA pod Optimus and Ratchet used to bring Sentinel to Earth, all of the present inside would have died.

Same scenes don't happen in the movie and in the novels. Optimus probably never got attacked by the ships iirc.
The narration says that Shockwave weapon is powerful enough to incinerate a tank (that kind of firepower would obviously be nothing to Ark durability).
That doesn't imply that that is the limit of shockwave's power.

I'm gonna re-read the novels and look for feats there, I still doubt they scale to the ark's dura, and if they do, it's a massive outlier

Same scenes don't happen in the movie and in the novels. Optimus probably never got attacked by the ships iirc.

That doesn't imply that that is the limit of shockwave's power.

I'm gonna re-read the novels and look for feats there, I still doubt they scale to the ark's dura, and if they do, it's a massive outlier
I was talking more about the durability of the novel Ark scaling to the movie version if the novel details are canon to the movies unless they are condradicted (so, semi-canon).

Regardless, in the novel, Starscream's missiles could damage Ark's cargo bay (IIRC), and, as I said, its stabilizer.

While it doesn't outright say Shockwave's limit is just incinerating a tank, I was thinking that it might be more or less meant to be that strong in that narration (implication-wise) if that was how it was described as. I agree it doesn't outright condradict.

They still can't be used to change the stats of the main canon even if they're semi-canon. If that were the case, we'd be using the aligned games to scale to the aligned cartoons.

Regardless, in the novel, Starscream's missiles could damage Ark's cargo bay (IIRC), and, as I said, its stabilizer.
If this is true, then starscream does not scale to the ark at all.

It seems to be a chain reaction, first starscream shoots a stabilizer, and it's destruction results in the rest of the ship being damged. So no, Stascream does not scale to the ark.

It seems to be a chain reaction, first starscream shoots a stabilizer, and it's destruction results in the rest of the ship being damged. So no, Stascream does not scale to the ark.
He shoots the stabilizer and the blast sems to shudder the ship (or maybe i shudders due to the lack of the stabilizer). Then the ship loses control due to having lost one stabilizer. I was talking in regards to Starscream damaging some of the the ship, not that it destroyed or damaged most of the ship tho.

Still, he doesn't scale either way.
Do you mean something like stabilizer's metal possibly being less durable than the rest of the ship? I was thinking that the stabilizer might be more or less comparable to the rest of material Ark is made of, but you could be right if that is what you mean.

Maybe, but it's kinda implied that stabilizer is weaker and more fragile than the ark itself
Still, I would imagine that its composition wouldn't be TOO far off. I don't think that it is implied to be particularly fragile. Starscream seems to target it because it is a vital component (Ark went out of control the moment it was destroyed) and since it is a relatively smaller piece to destroy compared to the size of the whole ship, not that it is necessarily made out of weaker material.

Another novel feat is from the 2007 novel adaptation. Decepticons use "concussion blasts" (called so by Lennox) from the outside (I think it is from the outside, but I haven't read the entirety of the novel) that shakes the inside of the Hoover Dam/S7 base. For example, the lab (inside the Hoover Dam in this novel as well) where they created that cellphone Transformer shakes.

It's unclear which Decepticon caused these blasts as all of them were going towards the base at that point.

I wonder how good this feat is.

Last edited:
Scan

Additional (different blasts):

"Fresh shocks passing through the surrounding concrete knocked lines and supports, old plaster and paneling from the ceiling as they ran."

"Another explosion shook their surroundings. Shielding
his head from falling debris, Epps shouted at the advancing Bumblebee, “Do your alien thing fast, big guy. I don’t like enclosed places. Remind me too much of coffins.”

Still, I highly doubt they still scale to the ark, and of they do, it's still a massive outlier, as said earlier

Pretty sure the missiles aren't that big in comparison to Optimus, and they were closer to Optimus than you think. That would explain how fast they appeared to reach him, because they were pretty close to him when they were being obscured by Optimus's body.

I was comparing their speed to their size. Anyway, they weren't going in the same direction. Those missiles were moving far to Optimus' left.

Transformers prime is ten years old

In a prequel comic, a Star Harvester and the makeshift Matrix is unstable and it explodes on Fallen's face.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Some interpret this as a planet surface level explosion, but I'm not sure.

Fallen gets burned, but absorbs some of the released energy which makes him stronger. So, the bubble surrounding him may be the energies of the Matrix, or a force field.

It's definitely High 6-A or 183 petatons of TNT. Only the amped the fallen and the amped last prime would scale to that

It's definitely High 6-A or 183 petatons of TNT. Only the amped the fallen and the amped last prime would scale to that
Ok, I understand what you mean now.

The only problem I have with the scans is that whether the last panel in image 2 is actually a planet-wide explosion, or if it is jusf an illustration of the Star Harvester exploding. Basically, I'm not sure if the planet was wiped. Seems to me more like it's just the Star Harvester exploding.

According to the novel, Matrix powers the Star Harvester. Its energy is but a part of the Allspark's.
Scan

In the comics, Matrix was also created by the AllSpark.

@Emirp sumitpo
Jetfire reenters Earth in robot mode. At first, I thought this explosion wasn't that big, but then I realized that the explosion is supposed to be pretty far away. The four panels are supposed to be all from the same shot (the last panel makes it clear how far away it is). The explosion heigh is taller than the hills.

Scan

Unfortunately, Jetfire gets knocked out by this, and seemingly slumbers for a few thousand years.

Back