• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

@Emirp You're right. Idk why I didn't notice.

I'll give my answer on the weights soon.

Maybe we should just use feats instead of weight. Here's a few notable ones, I'm trying to avoid low-end Small Building level feats in this selection.
Edit: Apparently the JDAMs variants are Mk 84 bombs.

Last edited:
Because A) it's more consistent to use feats, and B) there's multiple different weights, and no specified mass in the films.

Because A) it's more consistent to use feats, and B) there's multiple different weights, and no specified mass in the films.
Scorponok himself took maverick missiles. It is stated that humanity's effective weapon is sabot rounds, and that is what is used for the rest of the movie. Jetfire oneshotted Scorponok.

Protoform reentry ripped through a battleship in ROTF. Another Protoform went through a building. The novel version only has Megatron do the battleship feat in reentry form.

TLK reentry scenes:

In 0:55, city blocks and skyscrapers around the impact seem to shake. Do you think that's impressive?

Regarding weights, I think it is more or less similiar to their altmode and sizes would suggest as I said before. I think the moviemakers agree. Also, there's the 50000 knots thing.

As stated earlier, proto forms gather mass around them so they can assume their current form, they likely didn't weigh as much as they do now as their earth forms weigh heavier than their proto forms states, which are made for interstellar travel. And the weights for these characters are too inconsistent.

Well, I am saying that I disagree but whatever.

1 ton (lowballed weight for an average Protoform) at 30000 knots is 28 tons of tnt. Would that count?
That may be true for smaller characters like Bumblebee, but my point is that this logic leads to Brawl and Starscream being heavier than the much larger Optimus Prime.

Most of the characters' feats aren't even really close to that level.

I think star scream is actually overall larger than Optimus in terms of sheer bulk, height wise, he is a bit smaller than prime. I agree with brawl tho.

Edit: fun fact, starscream has a Dorito body because the film makers wanted to avoid mass shifting, and also, a lack mass shifting would've led to starscream being twice the size of Optimus.

Last edited:
I think star scream is actually overall larger than Optimus in terms of sheer bulk, height wise, he is a bit smaller than prime. I agree with brawl tho.

Edit: fun fact, starscream has a Dorito body because the film makers wanted to avoid mass shifting, and also, a lack mass shifting would've led to starscream being twice the size of Optimus.
Starscream is a little taller than Optimus.

If the guides are included then:

Ironhide max yield is 12 kt.

Optimus is 3000 lbs of tnt.

Fallen can unmake creation at will through focused blasts. His teleporting time is miliseconds. Also, his body contains energies from the birth of the universe, IDK if that means anything.

Bumblebee plasma weapon is 300 psi (First movie guide)

Megatron has a self-regenerating dark matter core. He is Mach 3, and also has 100 megawatt lightning emitters weapons (First movie guide). Maximum crushing force he can apply is 30000 psi.

But really, if the extended universe information from books is included (guidebook written by Simon Furman), then why not the comics as well (some of which is also written by Simon Furman)? Bumblebee Movie Prequel comic (which takes place in the post-TLK timeline) implied that the comics that doesn't condradict the movies are canon, which would include things like Tunguska feat and Blitzwing surviving a nuke, and possibly Starscream surviving Trypticon's destruction, and the Ark feat.

Last edited:
You've just outlined the problem with those highly inconsistent yields.

I do know the protoform thing is from the guide book, but it's very different because the movie effectively shows that it's true.

Is The Bumblebee Movie Prequel even part of the other IDW comics? It's nothing like the actual film, and the movie itself doesn't even take place in the Michael Bay timeline. There's also characters and events in the movie comics that blatantly don't happen in the Michael Bay series, IIRC.

Edit: In Rising Storm (a comic made over a month before DotM), post-RotF Megatron is seen without a head wound and Shocwave is randomly on Earth. Tons of characters who appeared in the next film also look nothing like they did in this comic. Basically, Michael Bay doesn't care.

Last edited:

I do know the protoform thing is from the guide book, but it's very different because the movie effectively shows that it's true.

Is The Bumblebee Movie Prequel even part of the other IDW comics? It's nothing like the actual film, and the movie itself doesn't even take place in the Michael Bay timeline. There's also characters and events in the movie comics that blatantly don't happen in the Michael Bay series, IIRC.
It honestly isn't. And if we're gonna start including things that are semi canon. Then we'd be using the wfc games to scale to the prime cartoon.

Last edited:

The movie doesn't say that Protoforms actually gains mass, tho. There is no edplanation in the movienitself whatoever. That is the explanation given by the books to explain the seeming size disrepancy between Protoform proportions and scanned robot proportions. Also. Optimus himself survived reentry in his robot mode in TLK to Cybertron's surface, which had somehow roughly the same gravity as Earth.

Bumblebee Movie Prequel was written by John Barber when the movie itself was a part of the Bayverse. It was written to fit the TLK timeline. It also features references to Bayverse miniseries like Rising Storm and Sector 7, implying thst those are canon. It also features characters from the previous Bayverse movie tie-ins.

Optimus himself survived reentry in his robot mode in TLK to Cybertron's surface, which had somehow roughly the same gravity as Earth.
I'm very iffy on that because Cybertron by that point was torn to shreds and barely holding itself together, so it's debatable if it even has an atmosphere

They gain parts from nothing, is what I mean. IronHide, on the other hand, is never shown blowing up towns. I suppose that's true.

Ok. You should look at the edits to the comment you're responding to, btw.

It honestly isn't. And if we're gonna start including things that are semi canon. Then we'd be using the wfc games to scale to the prime cartoon.
If so, the WFC game feats include Optimus sending an energy shockwave by hitting his axe in the ground that sends Trypticon flying. Megatron barely survives thebfirst couple if Metroplex punches. And there are some weapons that can produce singularities IIRC.
I'm very iffy on that because Cybertron by that point was torn to shreds and barely holding itself together, so it's debatable if it even has an atmosphere
It obviously does. Optimus burns from reenry, and clearly sound can be produced on the planet, none of this is possible without an atmosphere.

It even had a very similiar gravity to Earth somehow when Optimhs reentered the atmosphere.

If so, the WFC game feats include Optimus sending an energy shockwave by hitting his axe in the ground that sends Trypticon flying. Megatron barely survives thebfirst couple if Metroplex punches.
Those have brought up before, and couldn't be calced due to lack of info and stuff

They gain parts from nothing, is what I mean. IronHide, on the other hand, is never shown blowing up towns. I suppose that's true.

Ok. You should look at the edits to the comment you're responding to, btw.
Yeah, but that's never explained in the movie as gaining mass or anything, that's the explanation given in the outside books.

What edits?

@Prime Which is consistent with portrayal in the film, unlike IronHide's firepower, hence my entire point.

On the post you replied to. Here they are.
  • Edit: In Rising Storm (a comic made over a month before DotM), post-RotF Megatron is seen without a head wound and Shocwave is randomly on Earth. Tons of characters who appeared in the next film also look nothing like they did in this comic. Basically, Michael Bay doesn't care.
The WFC-Prime shared continuity was officially dissolved, and has large discrepancies. They won't be combined.

Those have brought up before, and couldn't be calced due to lack of info and stuff
In the trailer, do you think this explosion visible from space is meant to be where Optimus and Megatron was at?

1:55
I think possibly, but it may not be, IDK.

@Prime The WFC-Prime shared continuity was officially dissolved, and has large discrepancies. They won't be combined.
When was it officially dissolved?

@Prime Which is consistent with portrayal in the film, unlike IronHide's firepower, hence my entire point.

On the post you replied to. Here they are.
  • Edit: In Rising Storm (a comic made over a month before DotM), post-RotF Megatron is seen without a head wound and Shocwave is randomly on Earth. Tons of characters who appeared in the next film also look nothing like they did in this comic. Basically, Michael Bay doesn't care.
The WFC-Prime shared continuity was officially dissolved, and has large discrepancies. They won't be combined.
Those are explained in the comic itself. There is a reason why Mirage, Wheeljack and Shockwave were heavily damaged at the end of the mini.

Ratchet even says that he'll repair them, but they will never be the same.

Bayverse comics outside of the 2007 Movie Prequel has very little disrepancy that hasn't been eventually explained away.

Megatron's head wound is an art error. The writer confirms it:

Does Michael Bay care? No. But Hasbro billed these comics as official prequels.

That were eventually contradicted anyway. Aoe and tlk imply Optimus to be a member of the knights of Cybertron and yet the idw comics never mentioned and there's no way that could've happened.

@ByAsura
Shockwave isn't randomly on Earth. We never see Shockwave arrive on Earth in the movie at all.

One other thing is that the comic writer didn't even come up with the Tunguska thing. It was from a production bio (presumably from Hasbro/Paramount). That would give the feat more validity.

That were eventually contradicted anyway. Aoe and tlk imply Optimus to be a member of the knights of Cybertron and yet the idw comics never mentioned and there's no way that could've happened.
I think Bumblebee Movie Prequel implies that SOME comics are canon (the non-condradictory ones).

Rising Storm isn't condradicted.
Sector 7 isn't condradicted either.

Both of these are referenced in the BB comic.

However, TLK condradicted the 2007 Movie Prequel, so that was discarded. I think the mini picks and chooses between what fits the TLK timeline.

Back