• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality Should be Nonduality

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesnt mean it didn't lack duality. Think of a character that lacks t he concept of death, so they are unable to die. Now think of. A weapon that can introduce the concept of death. That doesnt mean that character had the concept of death all along
Lacking the concept of death does not even grant any superiority over it. It simply provides some immortality without any context. And before you comment and say "well this is an example", I know, but it was bad one.
No one. is arguing for this, this is the reason why they are being separated
They are not separate. It is literally the same reasoning.
How is it not a transcendence and then you later say " transcending it and being independent of its effects"?
So the difference between ND type 2 and type 3 is what exactly?
Two very different concepts
With the same setting. Point stands.

That doesnt mean it didn't lack duality. Think of a character that lacks t he concept of death, so they are unable to die. Now think of. A weapon that can introduce the concept of death. That doesnt mean that character had the concept of death all along

No one. is arguing for this, this is the reason why they are being separated

How is it not a transcendence and then you later say " transcending it and being independent of its effects"?

Two very different concepts
I don't agree with what you're saying. That's exactly how they both work, and the gap between ND and TD is like mountains.

DT is a bureaucrat. It's improper to overrule him just because he was outvoted.
He is also outvoted by another bureaucrat so I don't think that's relevant. Also, we're not going to stall this thread indefinitely if he chooses to not comment. We have rules in place to prevent this (two weeks was the given timeframe, I believe, so he doesn't have that much time left to comment before we can move on).

Bruh why are we arguing over status lol? If we’ve reached a conclusion for the most part and DT isn’t responding, then I don’t see the point in saying that DT disagrees after his arguments have already been addressed

He is also outvoted by another bureaucrat so I don't think that's relevant. Also, we're not going to stall this thread indefinitely if he chooses to not comment. We have rules in place to prevent this (two weeks was the given timeframe, I believe, so he doesn't have that much time left to comment before we can move on).
Ant is also a bureaucrat though…
When two bureaucrats disagree, it's inadvisable to let one overrule the other just because one has more support. It can mayhaps be done in special circumstances, but it's ideal to seek consensus between them.
Ping DontTalk again, please.

Lacking the concept of death does not even grant any superiority over it. It simply provides some immortality without any context. And before you comment and say "well this is an example", I know, but it was bad one.
non duality does not either, it just grants immunity, which is also covered by my example.
They are not separate. It is literally the same reasoning.
non-duality is immunity ot duality, transduality is immunity + superiority immunity and superiority are very different
So the difference between ND type 2 and type 3 is what exactly?
type 3 has at least 5 true-false states

Ant specifically said that he is not reliable when it comes to this topic. So, no Ant does not overrule him.

Ant specifically said that he is not reliable when it comes to this topic. So, no Ant does not overrule him.
That doesn't invalidate his vote. DT is still outvoted and refusing to comment. What exactly is your plan if he just jumps ship and never comments here again? Just let him hold up a major ability change forever?

Oh yes, it does since he did not comment it based on his expertise, rather he was asking around if Qawasd's suggestion seems fine.

Also, should we ignore this, this? Ant's vote never overrule DT in any regards except Wiki side policies (specifically about regulations).
Never comments here again? Just let him hold up a major ability change forever?
Did he say that he will never comment here, or you are speculating? You are aware of his usual delay's response.

Also, where is the post where you counter-addressed each DT's comment regarding this from 2022? May I see the post link?

Oh yes, it does since he did not comment it based on his expertise, rather he was asking around if Qawasd's suggestion seems fine.

Also, should we ignore this, this? Ant's vote never overrule DT in any regards except Wiki side policies (specifically about regulations).
What? That's just Ant saying he agrees with DT, not that DT's vote overrules Ant's. But Ant disagrees with DT this time.

Also, where is the post where you counter-addressed each DT's comment regarding this from 2022? May I see the post link?
Why on earth would I have to debunk a post that is not in this thread and is from a different year? Should I force you to address every conceivable argument against your points from all previous years? I mean, you haven't debunked Ultima, so you sound a little hypocritical right now!

What? That's just Ant saying he agrees with DT, not that DT's vote overrules Ant's. But Ant disagrees with DT this time.
Oh, let me “rephrase it for you" what the links present.

He himself said that he has absolutely no expertise regarding the topic. So no, his vote did not even overrule DT which you claimed.
Why on earth would I have to debunk a post that is not in this thread and is from a different year? Should I force you to address every conceivable argument against your points from all previous years? I mean, you haven't debunked Ultima, so you sound a little hypocritical right now!
Ahm, you claimed you did.? Because I was referring to the old comments when you called them "******* abysmal."

I addressed his points in THIS THREAD, which is the only thread that matters here. What if I went into your ongoing CRT and went "oh uhhh sorry you haven't debunked Saikou from 2016, guess we gotta close this :/"? That'd be ridiculous, of course, so don't pull the same shit here.

Of course, it is ridiculous which let me ask again, why did you call his arguments from 2022 "******* abysmal" when Fixxed asked about it if you can't address them. So the comment goes to you, don't say shit if you can't address them.

Also, in fact, his arguments are relevant since this concept of thread is already rejected once before.

I personally disagree with the non-duality issue. But the real issue is that the necessity of non-duality should be discussed.

And the question I asked is this; Why is independence and being outside the system a non-duality? It's like arguing that a character who is independent and outside of space-time lack/devoid of space-time, but this is wrong.

Again, we can't stall the revision forever if DT chooses not to come back. We have a draft, we have staff majority, give it a week or two before we move on.

DontTalk is very busy IRL and can only respond to Ultima's Marvel Comics thread right now.

DontTalk is very busy IRL and can only respond to Ultima's Marvel Comics thread right now.
But in my personal opinion, we still have to wait a while as this is a wiki-wide thread. Basically the discussion isn't over yet. Also pein still seems to have issues and the draft still hasn't been written. In short, waiting, being patient and not rushing will be the healthiest way.

It's already been more than a week since this thread is on hold because we are waiting for DT, as the situation looks, I don't think DT has the time to give their input here, so how long is this thread going to be stalled?

Also, for someone who is asking, message #245 has the draft for ND section and below it is the convo of Qawsedf and Fujiwara regarding it.

Last edited:
It's already been more than a week since this thread is on hold because we are waiting for DT, as the situation looks, I don't think DT has the time to give their input here, so how long is this thread going to be stalled?

Also, for someone who is asking, message #245 has the draft for ND section and below it is the convo of Qawsedf and Fujiwara regarding it.
This should be applied now, and anny grievances dt has can be settled in a follow up thread

It does not work that way, this is a wiki wide revision, and a Beaurecrat disagrees and so far only Qawsedf is the only admin that has commented on the draft so how is that enough approval for applying?
Also I will take a look at the draft later

It does not work that way, this is a wiki wide revision, and a Beaurecrat disagrees and so far only Qawsedf is the only admin that has commented on the draft so how is that enough approval for applying?
Also I will take a look at the draft later
The thread itseld has been approved by multiple people, including ant. You cant stonewall a thread with a mostly uniform consensus for a singular person

Ant has also agreed to the thread, Pein. If possible, I'll try to make a sandbox for what the page would end up looking like (though it's a bit unlikely because my internet has been in and out).

The thread itseld has been approved by multiple people, including ant. You cant stonewall a thread with a mostly uniform consensus for a singular person
No, Qawsedf was the only one who agreed and wanted to draft it, there is no clear consensus yet and there are arguments that have yet to be addressed. In short, we will wait.

That is barely enough also Ant literally said not to trust his decision on it and DT is more knowledgeable and the said DT disagrees, so it will not hurt to wait and call in more staff as this is like 1 or 2 agreements on the draft so far
Ant has also agreed to the thread, Pein. If possible, I'll try to make a sandbox for what the page would end up looking like (though it's a bit unlikely because my internet has been in and out).
you should address my argument
tldr of the argument is; outside duality does not mean you cannot get affected by it if it is actively applied to you

Bruh... in previous thread we even waiting for 1 year (part 3 it will 2-3 if include part 1 and 2), this is a very controvensional ability, we cannot just see 1 or 2 staff opinion and then apply it, even we have a disagree from one of most knowladgeable staff in this wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back