• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 4

Dont use it. Its not meant to be taken literally, just a way to express that Charlie knows that Baam wasnt fighting seriously.

Litentric Teon said:
I mean, possibly? I would honestly wait and look for feats.

The main reason to use multipliers are when it's clear characters are growing stronger, but there's a lack of feats to show exactly how much. And the multipliers used don't contradict each other.

So I'd suggest waiting for a few months to see if we get some feats later this arc. Or to see if Baam can scale to characters stronger than him.

A few months for what feats tho?? Baam already has better feats than fighting Charlie.

@Astral

IF Baam already has feats, then we should use those. Because of the general inconsistency of multipliers, it's generally warned against using them to justify tier upgrades unless there are circumstances/adequate proof that warrants such. And no feats that contradict the multiplier. I.E, a character receiving a 5x boost in power, yet their first feat with said power actually shows an 8x increase in AP. The feat is used over the multiplier.

It's why the SSJ and SSJ2 multipliers weren't used for so long. (Actually, I'm still unclear on whether or not they're used).

The only multiplier accepted in ToG as I remember it is Redan, which is 2X or 3X

Also, does anyone here think that the Thorn also multiplies Baam's power? I mean, it is difficult to find an exact value for this, does anyone have any conclusions as to what is Thorn's multiplier?

Yeah. We use Urek's multipliers in part because he's a reliable source. But also because he was using a device meant specifically to restrict his powers. And no feats counter this fact. It also helps that Urek is among the stronger characters in the series, so few things are outliers where he is concerned.

Yep. It sounds pretty good to me.

Also, on another thread, a member pointed out to me that ToG characters don't have passive madness manip on their profiles. Despite shinsoo crush seeming to have been accepted by most of the supporters.

Is this something that should be added?

I've been meaning to add that and other things in a comprehensive hax CRT for a while. But I've been busy, so it's taking literally forever. If someone wants to make a CRT for it though, go ahead.

If you're going to make a comprehensive CRT that include things other than passive madness manip, then I'll wait for that. (Here's hoping that you found that ToG characters should have Non-Physical interaction). It's no rush.

Wow, even not being in his prime, Doom was able to push back and stagger Dokoko's Windbird, I wonder if that somehow makes a mess on our current powerscaling, considering that Dokoko is implicitly one of The Nest's strongest people (I'm making assumptions, but he should at least be comparable to Maschenny, considering the hype put on him) and Yama was a little concerned about his presence there, and we known that current Yama is stronger than his middle ages self who fought on par with prime Doom

Also, it seems that each Baylord brother seems to have unique transformations

Best part was the bonus in the end, Baam, Koon and talking about their anime versions, lol

Only the bird's first form, tho.

Respect for Paul.

Prime White is coming closer.

Baam shows more development.

Dowon still wants to kill him.

Awesome chapter.

Well, as it was confirmed that Doom has not yet recovered the strength of his prime self, do you guys think this is his weakened state or he become slightly stronger after recovering his fang and right arm?

Comments by Takashi Sano: "The original LINE Manga is very interesting and includes art, and we did our best to preserve the feel of the original. Due to the complicated plot, it was difficult to consolidate all the attractive episodes into the TV series, but thanks to the efforts of writer Yoshida-san, I believe we were able to extract the essence of the original work."

Not why, but this comment makes me strongly believe that the production adapted the entire Season One in only 13 episodes, which makes me really worried

Yeah, that comment seems to imply all of season 1. Although if the episodes are ~35+ minutes long (like that guy on reddit said the first episode lasted around 35), I could maybe see them pulling it off. It would make it around 20, 20 minute episodes. Still short but still.

Sincerely, the production made the first episode with 30 minutes that even without the OP or ED, just adapted chapters 1 to 6 (Also it was said that some lines were cut, like Yuri talking about Urek), and I doubt that the next 12 episodes will have the same amount of time (probably with 24 minutes of a standard anime episode), I'm afraid that they will cut important stuffs (which is likely to happen) and 25% or 30% of the content of the original Webtoon

After knowing the number of episodes, my hype dropped considerably, but let's wait until tomorrow to see how the episode looks, maybe it will improve my expectations on the anime adaptation

Well the animation and sound was freaking incredible. The episode was a little fast, but not to point it felt rushed, and I actually prefer that they cut out some of the exposition dumps that was in the manhwa, it fit with the "mysterious new world" type feel they were going for and it was executed quite well.

It is disappointing that they changed the name to "non-regular" and "navigator". At least they kept Bam, so that's good. Definitely got me hyped for the next episode.

Same. I also agree that cutting out a lot of the expository information helped keep the "mysterious new world" feel. Most things are explained/displayed later on anyway.

I also prefer the terms, "irregular" and "guide." They seem to fit the theme more. But I suppose "non-regular" and "navigator" will have to do. Those feel like small nitpicks if anything.

Rak also looks super clean.

My expectations were destroyed, the first episode was too rushed, cut off important lines and it looks like it will be at this rate or even faster, it seems like I really feel like I'm not going to enjoy the anime anyway, I will stop watching the anime and continue with Webtoon, I feel that even if I watched it more and more certainly I wouldn't like and (sorry for this strong word) would hated this adaptation in the end.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if when the Season One anime ends, they decide to adapt the entire Season Two in just 72 episodes.

But in compensation the OST, OP and ED look good, also the anime version characters capture the essence that they conveyed in the original Webtoon, but overall I feel completely disappointed.

huh, maybe it because it has been a while but I did like the episode, anyway due to this I guess I am going to continue from where I paused the manwha like 2 years ago, its literally been sitting on a chrome tab in the same spot for like 2 years.

It seems that my opinion is unpopular (I never thought I would be on the side of people with unpopular opinion during my time in anime community, lol), but anyway, I won't be watching the episode 2 of anime

It was okay, cut content doesn't matter as long as it's good enough to hook people in close enough to go read the manhwa. The bait is set.

I don't think it's just bait necessarily. The only cut content, at least important one, was Yuri's conversation. Which wouldn't be surprising if it's revealed at a later time.

Other than that it was just exposition dumps that were cut, which would be a lot better to be revealed organically as the show progresses.

Back