• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 4

I do admit that the first episode did felt wierd when I was comparing it to the Manhwa but personally I never really was put off againts it. Sure the introduction to Evan and Yuri was cut but it didn't fellt off putting, and personally I didn't really think the entire thing was nessacary, sure a proper introduction would be nice but the entire thing felt extra for me. The only part I did feel off about was the initial interaction between Baam, Yuri and Evan before Evan gave Baam a pocket. it felt to quick for my taste.

Anyways I am certainly going to enjoy this, personally I see this lasting till the end of the Crown game if the pacing isn't too rush and I would be fine with that. The position training would probably need its own Season to do the justice it deserves.

Ngl, when i watched this yesterday I felt same way as @enryu. It was too rushed, a lot of the lore stuff and conversations were cut out and they adapted six(6) chapters in a single episode, yeah I didn't like that. But when I later thought about it, most of the stuff that were cut out wouldn't really affect the story in the long run. The stuff with yuri talking about irregulars was ommited but leroro talks about irregulars later on so most of what yuri should have said could be added to leroro's and so on. Its also possible we might get some quick flash backs of somethings that weren't covered. Anyways the pace was sure too quick but after re-watching the episode it felt even better than the last time Lol, i don't know why but it did. The animation is lit, the soundtrack and voice acting is on point. I'll follow this to the end. If its really true that this 1st season will be only 13 episodes then that's a shame. It would mean that they would adapt at least 6 chapters for per episode, yikes. Anyways, I just hope whatever they cut out from here on out should only be the most irrelevant of stuff that adds nothing to the story.

Also, in case some of u guys didn't know, they made some changes to the first episode. The term non-regular has been changed back to the norm(irregular). I don't know about the navigator(guide) part tho, as even I myself haven't seen the edited version yet but people on reddit are saying it has been corrected.

I just hope this entire season is done right.

@enryu, i understand how u feel, but please don't give up on the anime just because of this. We're too much into this series to just give up on it just cuz of some little issues. I suggest u re-watch it(like I did) and the feels might be totally different(in a positive way) from the last time u watched it. Anyways, if possible watch the edited/corrected version. Goodluck.

@Dragonmaster

I'm so glad to hear that.

@Enryu

I'm really sorry to hear that. But at the very least, you'll be able to enjoy the webtoon. And watch the season 1 fights be animated.

After watching the first episode i've been thinking, shouldn't the Administrators have planetary range or something like that? They can teleport people to different floors of the tower after all, an Administrator even teleported Evankhell from floor 2 to floor 46(?).

I mean, why would we update statements and feats using the anime? It wouldn't be canon in comparison to Webtoon, the only different thing that I see being usable from anime would be the time exactly in which certain feats are performed

Why are shinsoo users given only molecular matter manip when the pages say that shinsoo moves similar to electrons?

(Shinsoo moves and acts in a similar way to electrons and replaces air in the Tower and Lepavuv can likely reverse it's flow to stop movement. Depending on how much shinsoo can be controlled against the enemy, the user is able to hinder the walk of the opponent),

Back