• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Revisions

Re-stating my points:

Marisa's light seems to wildly vary in speed, and has shown some quite non-light behavior sometimes, such as a being being vastly larger than the source (Without it being in a spotlight style)

While Okuu's light particles are mentioned in a more specific way (Light particle compared to light, which is used for many other magic attack), are from a more realistic source (A genuine sun made the same way as our sun) and is more consistent with other SoL feats in the verse.

Edit: Ehhh.. you know what. If the other calc group members have agreed (as they seemingly have) go ahead and apply it.

...I'm going to spread the Touhou's speed unequalize to be called as "Touhou sign: FTL planet", starting now. Who with me!?

about the revision, don't have any problem with it.

I'd still like to get more inpput, but thanks for yours @DT, unless this is considered enough alongside the blog comments?

It's a joke of mine when I see that, if I want to make sense of Touhou speed, I need to imagine an entire Planet that have it resident to be able to go FTL.

Well, if DontTalk and the other calculation group members are okay with this, I am as well.

Considering I have the approval of quite some calc members and others staff, I'll start now. You can just slap my head if I'm doing anything wrong.

It seems more like bragging to me than actually being THE fastest, certainly a fast one.

If you want to scale Aya to Remi's MFTL, it will cause some awkward circular scaling of Aya < Youmu =< Remilia < Aya etc.

Well, Aya should at least be faster than remi, given the implication in SSiB, which gives some credibility to her boasting.

So I would think Youmu Ôëê< Remilia (if we take that statement about agility, where does that come form again btw.?) < Aya

Or is there a reason for Aya < Youmu?

Well.

Aya in Shoot the Bullet states that Youmu is too fast for her to percieve, she has difficulty even taking a pic of her.

When Youmu defeats Remilia in SWR, she mentions how Remilia is agile to her.

And I think perceptions feats can be used even in Spell Card fights, as you can't exactly hold back your reactions times and all.

I would think the weakest link in this would be Remilia > youmu then.

She only states that remilia is agilie (well, technically she only indirectly refers to her) and not the she is faster than her.

Reimus statement about Aya being faster than remi seems more specific compared to that and would fit the fact that Aya is at the very list still one of the fastest in gensokyo.

That would all in all mean

Remilia at least to a small degree slower than youmu.

Aya faster than remilia.

Youma faster than Aya.

IN total: Reimilia < Aya < Youmu

I somehow doubt Remi would be around 5 times slower than Youmu, since the latter's wording imply that her speed was a moderate problem for her.

"Against agile movers you should shut your eyes, Lady Yuyuko said. Is it because you can't see afterimages when your eyes are shut?"

Not something she'd mention if Youmu was much faster.

What's the statement about Remi < Aya anyway?

I also agree on Aya being FTL+, possibly Massively FTL.

So, did we come to any agreement on Aya's speed...?

I think that it seems to have been accepted.

Back