• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 2: 17.5 Edition.

Probably, yeah. She can do exorcisms iirc.

We've never seen her use any sort of healing/support kinda magic oddly enough, despite what certain fangames may suggest :v

Also she might have HDE from Fantasy Nature but that's probably best saved for after the cosmology revisions.

every time i think im done with adding minor abilities there's always something new that comes up >:V

Nah, the dimensional travel stuff is already accepted on her profile. It's just... not listed as an ability. Just check her space-time manipulation thingy.

Alright, anybody got any minor abilities they think should be added?

Source doesn't matter, I just wanna make sure I cover as much ground as possible before I post this next CRT so I don't have to make yet another god damn minor ability addition thread :v

Probably, yeah. She can do exorcisms iirc.

We've never seen her use any sort of healing/support kinda magic oddly enough, despite what certain fangames may suggest :v

Also she might have HDE from Fantasy Nature but that's probably best saved for after the cosmology revisions.

every time i think im done with adding minor abilities there's always something new that comes up >:V
She isn't your "traditional" healing mage in an RPG team in the first place, but more of a traditional actual true-to-blood Shrine Maiden, whose's main job is exorcism, managing the shrine, and just generally being the front-end for the god as she incarnate them into her body to do work (which, funnily enough, she done it like twice in the entire series).

New Lotus Eater spoiler

Also, it's pretty funny that even the Zashiki-Warashi need to do Remote Work like most people in the Pandemic season (guess it make sense, since Trend in the Outside World does tend to trickle into Gensokyo). Though it definitely show that with Okina approval, it does show that the Sage of Gensokyo does want the residence of Gensokyo to move with the time, and "Change is the way of the Youkai" could be a new norm.

Edit: Also, make sense that Okina is the one who give them that service in the first place, since Zashiki-Warashi is essentially fantasy's nanny and maid, whom's livelyhood depend on how much they can make the house they live in prosper, and how they don't have a fixed residence, and have to move their entire belonging each time they have to move house. As the god for the disadvantage, it make sense that she would help them.

Last edited:
idk, I feel like I've usually seen Reimu in fangames portrayed as more of a healer. Maybe I've just been playing too much Labyrinth of Touhou 2 lately :v

And ZUN's works have absolutely been influenced by the pandemic, given that UM was about the state of the doujin community during covid.

Also, I think we have about 10 minutes until the new CDS chapter.

idk, I feel like I've usually seen Reimu in fangames portrayed as more of a healer. Maybe I've just been playing too much Labyrinth of Touhou 2 lately :v

And ZUN's works have absolutely been influenced by the pandemic, given that UM was about the state of the doujin community during covid.

Also, I think we have about 10 minutes until the new CDS chapter.
Because White Mage is a popular archetype in RPG game, and Shrine Maiden in popular culture does get equated to such. Even though I failed to imagine Reimu of all people doing any kind of healing in the first place (Red Crimson moniker isn't a joke after all), it make sense that people would default to that (plus it's a convenient space to leave in a Healer aside from Eirin, so there is that)

here's more information about Sakuya's time stop shenanigans that you all can add to the "she's lying about her time stop" argument and hey it's infinite pepega. Btw all of these are in IaMP
Sakuyaまぁ、明日だから一日切ってるでしょうね。
でも、私にとっての時間が無限なだけ。
Yes, there's only one day before tomorrow,
but that's unlimited time for me.
Sakuya本当に違いそうね。あーあ時間の無駄だったわ。
時間は無限にあるけれど。
Looks like you're surely not. Ugh, what a waste of time.
I have infinite time, anyway.
Sakuya仕事は余りサボらないことね
私と違って貴方の時間は有限だもの
Don't slack off.
Unlike me, you have limited time.

here's more information about Sakuya's time stop shenanigans that you all can add to the "she's lying about her time stop" argument and hey it's infinite pepega. Btw all of these are in IaMP
Sakuyaまぁ、明日だから一日切ってるでしょうね。
でも、私にとっての時間が無限なだけ。
Yes, there's only one day before tomorrow,
but that's unlimited time for me.
Sakuya本当に違いそうね。あーあ時間の無駄だったわ。
時間は無限にあるけれど。
Looks like you're surely not. Ugh, what a waste of time.
I have infinite time, anyway.
Sakuya仕事は余りサボらないことね
私と違って貴方の時間は有限だもの
Don't slack off.
Unlike me, you have limited time.

Wait if she has infinite time / day how many hours she slack offs in one day !?
DAMN Such a good ability

This too.
unknown.png

"Can't control other people's time" my ass

Plus her making the time suspension fields that stops time for people just negs that entirely as well.

unknown.png

(Translation taken from Discord) ZUN : "There were a lot of restrictions for this year's Winter Comiket. This will probably be the only Comiket Like this. I prepared something fitting for a special Comiket like that. Though, don't get your hopes up too high."

Only about 2 weeks left, I'm very excited. Still think it's a new music CD :v

unknown.png

Exactly as predicted, it's a new music CD. It'll be like Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey in that it's just songs with no story to go along with it. Seems like it'll be White Traveler, Where is That Bustling Marketplace Now?, and 1 original composition.

This also means we can go ahead and post the tier 1 revisions now, since IIRC we were banking on the new CD having some new details on the cosmology, which obviously won't happen now.

unknown.png

Exactly as predicted, it's a new music CD. It'll be like Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey in that it's just songs with no story to go along with it. Seems like it'll be White Traveler, Where is That Bustling Marketplace Now?, and 1 original composition.

This also means we can go ahead and post the tier 1 revisions now, since IIRC we were banking on the new CD having some new details on the cosmology, which obviously won't happen now.
Tier 1 Touhou? Is it the string theory stuff?

Yeah, string + brane theory is 11-D.

Scaling shouldn't be too bad since Doremy's dreams are essentially recreations of the entire cosmology, which means wherever the cosmology ends up is what tier the high tiers get.

Realistically speaking, the cosmology could be much higher, but 11-D is the most blatant so we'll stick with that for now.

Thank god my topic ban is only for 2 months, I'd hate to miss out on the 1-A cosmology revisions :v

Regarding my topic ban, am I allowed to just add references and images to profiles without a CRT? Figured I might as well do what I can to clean up the verse while I'm banned :v

Back