• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 2: 17.5 Edition.

I'm taking my time with this one, rest assured. You do have a good point about maybe making a cosmology blog for it though, especially since Saikou's current one is outdated.

By the way, do you want an invite to the Discord?

I think I'm gonna have to hold off on all other CRTs for the time being.

Getting blogs done for tier 1/infinite speed Touhou is more important.

Anyways, in case anybody is interested, or wants to find a way to get these translated, here's a list of all the important untranslated things I could find.

(There's way more untranslated stuff than this, this is just the stuff I think could have relevant information for VS debating)

-Febri/Ten Desires and Touhou Project interview with ZUN Part2
-Febri/Wild and Horned Hermit ending interview with ZUN and Aya Azuma
-Febri/Double Dealing Character interview with ZUN
-Eastern and Little Nature Deity/ZUN's Spirit of Language
-Perfect Cherry Blossom/Story/Demo Afterword
-Shanghai Alice Correspondence Three Fairies Version/Volumes 1 through 5
-Strange Creators of Outer World/25th Anniversary Interview with ZUN
-Strange Creators of Outer World/Double Dealing Character and Impossible Spell Card Interview with ZUN
-Strange Creators of Outer World/Three Fairies Interview with Makoto Hirasaka
-Strange Creators of Outer World/Violet Detector Interview with ZUN
-Strange Creators of Outer World/Urban Legend in Limbo (ver.PS4) Interview with Iruka Unabara
-Strange Creators of Outer World/Uni Akiyama x ZUN interview
-ZUN's former blog "Touhou Shofu" 1 through 15
-ZUN's reply to messages on the former Gensou Bulletin Board 2 & 4

Been getting into Yakuza lately and I've been thinking of how great an RGG Touhou game would be. IIRC they already did a FotNS game in the same style, so branching out into other franchises isn't out of the question.

Of course, the issue there is that most people don't really associate Touhou with the kind of martial arts in Yakuza games even though they should

Nothing exciting, unfortunately.

We have like 3 dying threads (although one of them is dying for a good reason), and there hasn't been much exciting Touhou news to comment on. All we really have as of right now is the monthly updates from Lotus Eaters and Cheating Detective Satori.

So uh

If my understanding of certain philosophical concepts is correct, Touhou might suddenly have some very convincing arguments for 1-A

I was never too much of a believer in outerversal Touhou before but I sure as hell am now :v

(Unrelated but the newest chapter of Lotus Eaters is out on M angadex go read it)

So uh

If my understanding of certain philosophical concepts is correct, Touhou might suddenly have some very convincing arguments for 1-A

I was never too much of a believer in outerversal Touhou before but I sure as hell am now :v

(Unrelated but the newest chapter of Lotus Eaters is out on M angadex go read it)
Always heard High 1-C to 1-A arguments in a handful of discord servers yet ended up thinking Touhou was at best 2-A/Low 1-C.

I wonder what your arguments are.

Always heard High 1-C to 1-A arguments in a handful of discord servers yet ended up thinking Touhou was at best 2-A/Low 1-C.

I wonder what your arguments are.
Well, they're not totally concrete, I'm just semi-aware of the fact that the collective unconscious and Jungian archetypes exist in Touhou, which iirc can be 1-A with the right context. I just need to figure out if Touhou follows those concepts in a manner that'd be 1-A or above.

Low 1-C is pretty reasonable though, there's a lot of surprisingly solid evidence for the outside world being a higher dimensional space.

And of course High 1-C is pretty attainable too, but it'll never happen so long as people misunderstand how brane + string theory works :v

Well, they're not totally concrete, I'm just semi-aware of the fact that the collective unconscious and Jungian archetypes exist in Touhou, which iirc can be 1-A with the right context. I just need to figure out if Touhou follows those concepts in a manner that'd be 1-A or above.

Low 1-C is pretty reasonable though, there's a lot of surprisingly solid evidence for the outside world being a higher dimensional space.

And of course High 1-C is pretty attainable too, but it'll never happen so long as people misunderstand how brane + string theory works :v
What would some Touhou profiles look like with High 1-C/1-A tho—I read a thread trying to upgrade them but it got denied.

Also Touhou 17-18 profiles haven't even been made yet SMH

What would some Touhou profiles look like with High 1-C/1-B tho—I read a thread trying to upgrade them but it got denied.

Also Touhou 17-18 profiles haven't even been made yet SMH
What do you mean? If you're just talking about what the justifications would look like, you may have to ask @OnsokunoSonic since they made the thread that (I assume) you're talking about, and I personally disagree with the scaling he used.

Also I'll get there eventually, Animal Realm scaling is kinda confusing. Almost done with a Yuuma profile though.

I was never too much of a believer in kicking your ******* ass but I sure as hell am now >:v
I was never too much of a believer in
hm
uhhhh
gonna be honest i can't think of a funny response to this one :v

What do you mean? If you're just talking about what the justifications would look like, you may have to ask @OnsokunoSonic since they made the thread that (I assume) you're talking about, and I personally disagree with the scaling he used.

Also I'll get there eventually, Animal Realm scaling is kinda confusing. Almost done with a Yuuma profile though.
Ah, I see. I'll think about it.

Hurry up, you lot are 2 and a half years late to finishing Touhou 17.

Y'all shouldn't believe in 1-A 2hu because that's the words of wankers.
You probably would've said the same about infinite speed a few months ago :v

Basically everything in Touhou that people refer to as 'wank' has at least some grounding, and I'm not one to call stuff wank until I actually see the arguments. Which is why I'm trying to understand where 1-A really comes from to begin with.

My man

There are multiple sources saying that things cease to exist when they enter Gensokyo, how is that wank?

starting to remind me of a certain someone who frequents 2hu threads tbh :v

Back