• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested in reading the previous dicussion thread, it is here.

We have reached towards the climax of the Toriko fight, Acacia being cornered, but looking way back, Kaitora mentioned the "Final Land." Could [AREA 0] that Aimaru found be the key] ? What will Acacia's Gourmet Grasp do to Toriko's world that has taken so much abuse? This and many more will be found out next time on Dragon Ball S- I mean Toriko! Toriko...yeah.

Recent Chapters:

Screenshot 2016-10-13 at 3.51.38 PM
ATTACK!

1. CasualToriko That punch was awesome, still, I feel that Acacia is holding back and not going all out.

^true, acacia MUST be more powerful than this, he can be hit one or two times but come on, after eating neo acacia is destined to curptomp his enemys easily until the final happens...

Guys, the upgrade page that PaChi2 made is here.

If you agree with the upgrades (unbiasedly), then whe would have a 4-C verse

I definitely agree with upgrading Acacia; only because he still does not seem to be putting in serious effort into his large-scale energy attacks.

Also, it's worth noting that Acacia hasn't taken a single bit of permanent damage since he acquired his latest form.

Nothing that Midora or Toriko have down to Acacia has left a mark on him; even Toriko's amazing punch around the planet.

It seems likely that we are having a massive upgrade! we just need the blog to be accepted and poof, High 4-C Toriko.

So.....what was this talk of Neo/Acacia's ability on destroying the soul via consumption was about from the previous thread?

@cross apperantly gourmet cells are connected to ones spirit, so when damage is done to the gourmet cells, it's a permanent scar on ones soul. However we do not know if this would be considered verse equalization

Basically, it was these two pages .

I was sort of reconsidering since it said that gourmet cells are connected to souls ...

Ah I'm late xD what grudge said

I see. Yeah it'd probably be best to not add it since going by Acacia's words, this seems to only be limited to gourmet cells and i'm unsure if this can be applied even through verse equalization either...

If a character takes so much damage that their Gourmet Cells simply give up, then they cannot regenerate from that damage.

It's like how Elg, a character with the strongest Regenerationn seen in the series so far, was defeated by Tengu Brunch; it's because his cells just couldn't cope with a never-ending attack, and so they just gave up instead.

When Neo / Acacia devours your cells, the damage is so overwhelmingly powerful that any attempt at Regenerationn will yield no results. The effect is so strong that if he consumes you whole then even resurrection becomes impossible. Everything about you is just devoured by him.

All of this is explainable by the Gourmet Cells being connected to the soul; too much damage to the cells = damage to the soul, which cannot be regenerated.

Complete damage to the soul (for example; being eaten by Neo) will prevent resurrection.

That seems pretty much a downer there tho. I mean that and isn't manipulating/destroying things on an atomic level like a big deal in Toriko? Especially when it comes to Neo and other such characters like Midora/Ichiryuu's MW or the Hungry Space one?

NEO has been portrayed as special, for example, Midora couldnt heal his hand (but he could heal his head when fighting joie just find), Crow king isnt regenerating because NEO ate him, so there is some power in neo that disables Regenerationn. So even if damage to the cells = damage to the soul,

NEO has been the only one capable of actually destroying the soul along with the cells whereas the others just kill cells. And once your entire soul has been eaten, no resurrection because you are devoured completely by neo. The manifestation of this is the "absolute darkness of despair" you feel when devoured by NEO (Remember that red nitro and Don Slime) I believe what starjun described is the same, the feeling of having your soul eaten.

Long story short: NEO can destroy the soul and make other Gourmet Cells stop regenerating but to the point they wont even regenerate in the atomic level (Minority world should have avoided the restriction if it were only cell-based regen).

What brunch did was damage the cells to the point they wouldnt regen anymore, it would be an attack directed towards the cells. But it took time for it to work, whereas neo does it instantly.

Well, for Verse-equalization it only makes sense to allow what Neo can do to other characters. Just like how Bleach characters don't just auto-win by Reiatsu-crushing opponenents from other verses.

Since Neo's feats are anti-regen and anti-resurrection, it just makes sense to me at least to just keep them for now.

Well that is true. I mean the same thing always happens for those of Naruto by verse equalizing stuff that can allow them to affect them with Genjutsu or whatever the heck they would have normally had to affect someone like that, that way.

Personally, i want to keep them on there myself for sure.

Also to those that came by and didn't notice, we have a Toriko upgrade thread going on that Battlemania commented from earlier.

I'll add it to the page so everyone can see, Cross :D.

I almost forgot about changing the Toriko(Universe) page xD whelp

You wanna know what i just realized? WE seem to be pretty small in numbers when it comes to Toriko compared to other discussion talks like Bleach or especially Dragon Ball.

Then again, they'ew cringey and dramatic for me to be in them and there is other discussion talks that are more or less like us here...not that i mind cause this is really how i like discussion talks on-site.

You dont need to have a big fandom to be a great story, you know. And toriko is one of my favourite ongoing series right now so I enjoy discussing with others about it and yes, I also prefer it like this.

Based on the previous' thread's history, we have 12 people that contribute to this discussion, and I'd rather have that than have 20-30 people constantly posting and blasting through discussion thread after discussion thread, creating like 2 a month. It usually takes us a month to a month and a half to get through one Toriko discussion page. I'm not bashing on the people that like DBZ, but the fanbase in general sucks ass. They think that no one can beat Goku and get defensive. DBZ is primarily fighting without hax, and it's alright and all, but not something truly captivating after it becomes repetitive to the point where they just give transformations. I don't even feel like there's a proper story-line, just fight fight fight. At least with Toriko there's a goal, fleshed out characters, twists, and MASSIVE LOGICAL HYPE. It's consistant and doesn't retcon ideas just to make the story interesting. It even leaves hints in the previous chapters (like the one mentioned in the opening about Joa's revealance to "Final Land") and brings it up, showing that he has thoroughly thought about the plot and planned it out. This is why the Toriko series is an amazing series that even when it ends, I'd read over and over for the enjoyment of it.

That's why i don't want to deal with series/franchises like that: too much drama and they just pop up in any way and place you go to so....

I also like the fact that toriko is more or less consistent in powerlevels and scaling. Also the powers are very well explained and shown, the story is really good and funny sometimes. The characters are well-built and dont forget the crazy weird ingredients we have gone through!

The only thing I don't like about the Toriko series is the fan-art. There are a lot of cool ones but then there are a lot of komatsu x ______ fanfics. *shudder*

Shimabukuro does give pretty good info on things, such as the size of stuff like the planets circumference or that of how long it is for certain techniques like Acacia's time hax thing.

By the way, even if it hasnt been shown, shouldnt toriko at this point have the Super Back channel Acacia used? It was acacia prior to even eating GOD and toriko right now has eaten his own appetite.

Toriko hasn't been shown to have any back channel of the sort, IIRC, so I don't think the timestop back channel would be added.

I know, I know, i dont mean for it to be added, its just that eating... PAIR was it? enables the use of back channels. So Toriko right now should be able yo use them (being able doesnt mean he can, he would need to practice and such, i believe).

Hmm. Do you guys think it's time we add Toriko's new "development form" as of the recent chapter? You know the whole deal of him having eaten CENTER, GOD, and his Red Demon? Or just wait another chapter?

^ I was going to add it, Cross. I'm just waiting to see how this plays out with the whole upgrade thing, since that would require massive revisions to the recent arcs of Toriko.

Well, right now we should be more focused on the revision of the characters since its likely we are having the upgrade (Lina's calc just gave the same Large star level).

Yeah, you are right. What I meant was that the calc would probably be accepted.

If Acacia DID eat the sun, would that make it just a normal star, large star, large star+? The only reason how we got to large star was due to the massive density...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back