• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top five strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier

He thinks and a new law is created. That actually depends in how willing Alex is to attack him physically, since if he touches Fugil while he is using Zero One, he will get trapped. Fugil can also simply use Zero One to send the gasses to other dimension. How does Alex absorption works?

God its weird, Pitou speed unequal beats fugil, but cant deal with mercers regen. Mercer cant deal with law/bfr, but cant be killed/beaten by pitou.

This key of mercer won't gas unless desperate so his first move is laible to be throwing objects, ground spiking or whip fist all of which would bfr him

his absorbtion breaks down living and non living matter into blacklight... He has molecular control of blacklight... as for how it works, it works on touch so...

Fugul takes the spot with speed equal via stomping Pitou and apparently beating Mercer. Mercer and Pitou should fight for the speed unequal spot.

Ionliosite said:
Fugul takes the spot with speed equal via stomping Pitou and apparently beating Mercer. Mercer and Pitou should fight for the speed unequal spot.
Mercer is actually liable to gas in his Low 7-C key like his 7-C one. Pitou would need to have proof of resistance to molecular-scale Disease Manipulation and Biological Manipulation to solidly beat Mercer outside of speed. Though I'm not quite sure Fugil has evidence of using his dimensional BFR abilities on projectiles or gasses in-character in his canon though.

Edit: Plus, there was a thread where Mercer stomped Meruem, and Meruem is canonically above Pitou anyways. I don't see how she can fare any better against Mercer with speed equalised. Also, like Pen said, madness would probably make Mercer get reduced into the base instincts of infecting everything like the Runners that got driven into madness did.

Whether or not Time hax is 4D or not is quite confusing to determine sometimes. I know that Space-Time hax is supposedly considered 4D by default, unless the "space" affected is specified to be only 2D or 1D. But otherwise? Time Acceleration and Time Slow probably aren't 4D. But Time Stop? Time Travel?

EmperorDoom25 said:
Mercer stomped Meruem before the HxH upgrades tho
That's irrelevant because Mercer would still haxstomp Meruem with speed equalised, even with the upgrades.

Type 7 Immortality gives resistances to conventional Death Manipulation (as in, Death Manipulation that doesn't have any particular mechanics on how it causes instant death, or that it doesn't have proof that it can affect undead/undead-like characters), and Mercer has Type 7 Immortality listed in his profile. So limited Death Manipulation from Nen users is useless here since I don't see any particular mechanics on how it causes instant death. Plus, I doubt it gets past Mid-High Regenerationn anyways.

Also, Mercer's gassing most likely works by releasing the viral spores from his body in the form of viral gasses due to how his physiology works. So unless Nen users' Paralysis can freeze the entirety of the target's bodily functions (basically emulating the effects of freezing the target in time), it isn't going to stop Mercer from gassing and infecting via simply just unleashing the gasses out of his body.

Even Type 3 Madness Manipulation isn't a reliable way to take out Mercer as there has been Runners (basically Redlight Virus hosts, but all of them are females, and practically all of them are insane) who has been driven to madness by the Reslight virus, and they go around and infect everything they can despite that due to their base instincts to infect.

I actually mentioned that type three is liable to destroy mercers mind leaving the virus base instincts to gass/infect/consume and spread as the driving force in mercers mind....

The pen or the sword said:
I actually mentioned that type three is liable to destroy mercers mind leaving the virus base instincts to gass/infect/consume and spread as the driving force in mercers mind....
Hey, I've already credited you for that. What more do you want from me? :p

ALL OF IT!!! :p

It should also be noted Pitou madness manip has variable effectiveness. While one person was driven to suicide another simply suffered a nervous breakdown....

ALL OF IT!!! :p

It should also be noted Pitou madness manip has variable effectiveness. While one person was driven to suicide another simply suffered a nervous breakdown....
Yeah, I've noticed. That is just more reason to add in about Mercer's base instincts to infect after being affected by Type 3 Madness. Because unlike the Nen users, The Ancestor (who inconclusives Mercer) at least has more of a consistent madness effects (most of which drives the victims to either commit suicide or try to claw their faces off).

Apparently something that infect anyone at to a molecular level, and pretty quickly... learnt that one the hard way.

EmperorDoom25 said:
How does the infection works? Is it a virus that kills people?
It rewrites all the cells of the bodies of the targets, can infect even inanimate objects (which are Redlight can do, and Blacklight can also do via scaling due to being superior). Blacklight can also infect their targets down to the molecular level (so Blacklight should be able to infect molecules now), and grant Mercer control over the said targets at the molecular scale.

If your lucky you drop dead as you body is converted into a pile of virulant biomass if your unlucky you become a basic infected that mercer can control via the hive mind...

Does he have molecular control of her body? If not Im gonna give it to mercer... Again theirs nothing left of pitou, shes a mass of virulant biomass... So even assuming she converts into a base infected rather then a pile of biomass, Trepsichora now controls an infected thats lost most if not all pitous abilities and strengths. A base infected mercer uses as a healthpack...

Does he have molecular control of her body? If not Im gonna give it to mercer... Again theirs nothing left of pitou, shes a mass of virulant biomass... So even assuming she converts into a base infected rather then a pile of biomass, Trepsichora now controls an infected thats lost most if not all pitous abilities and strengths..
There's also nothing stopping from Mercer to, say, command the infected Pitou to come closer to him and then consumes her, thus making her a part of his body/biomass permanently now.

Edit: "A base infected mercer uses as a healthpack..." Ninja'ed edit. :p

This I feel will be an improtant factor, does her passive paraylisis stop hearts, lungs, internal bodily functions? Edit while even with this mercer may be able to gass Id like to know the depth of this paraylisis.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Her paralysis only stops your movements

It can stop your heart too if you come close enough (That why she has Limited Death Manip)
Well, she gets gibbed by Mercer with speed equal then.

Even without speed equal, she doesn't have a way to kill him either, as driving him into madness with Type 3 would probably just reduce him to base instincts to infect.

If thats her death manip its even more useless as not only is mercer mid high regen above organ damage he literally lacks conventional organs and is able to function without his head... If it can't even stop the internal movements of base humans I have a severe doubt she can stop the internal functionings of a shapeshifter/bio manipulator on mercers level

A bit off topic: Should I add a text emphasising that Mercer can infect the molecules of his targets and control them within his Limited Matter Manipulation in his profile?

This shouldn't change anything as this is something that Mercer should've already has, and has already been used in the previous Versus debates. Plus, it should be able to help solidify further on how his infection works, for anyone else not knowledgeable on Mercer when they looked at his profile.

Yeah from what I saw we have note about him controling blacklight on a molecular level Linked to a scan but its buried in the text, maybe we should add tabbers to make it more easy to look over? Seperate out the abilities and resistances into two sections useing tabs?

edit we should take this to prototype gen discussion though.

Back