• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier 3

If being higher dimensional no longer puts you into a higher tier by necessity, does it still hold true that having higher dimensional range now counts as being a smurf?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
If being higher dimensional no longer puts you into a higher tier by necessity, does it still hold true that having higher dimensional range now counts as being a smurf?
Yes? Your statement sounds like a complete non-sequitur to me.

If you have 1-A range as a 10-B then that's considered smurf, nothing about the tiering system revisions has anything to do with that.

Can Kumoko do anything agaisnt Lain on her weaker key? Like what stops Lain from defeating her rather than stalemating in speed equal.

Agnaa said:
Yes? Your statement sounds like a complete non-sequitur to me.

If you have 1-A range as a 10-B then that's considered smurf, nothing about the tiering system revisions has anything to do with that.
If a verse runs on a system where being higher dimensional does not make you higher tier, but as you are still operating higher dimensionally, that would still be higher dimensional range. My point is, being a smurf usually means that you have hax on a higher infinity or level of existence than the existence you exist on, so if a 10D being were still planet level because being 10D in his verse didn't not make him 1-C or whatever, would his range still be considered 1-C? The only thing I could think of that could still be called 1-C when your verse doesn't work on higher dimensions = higher tier is BFR. It seems like an odd quirk of the tiering system if it is the case

I'm not completely opposed to it, but it seems... odd to say the least

Obviously? The whole system rests on the assumption that there is enough evidencing the higher dimensions being qualitatively above our normal dimensions, of not insignificant size or treated as infinitely bigger relative to lower dimensions. How the verse treats it is unimportant, how the evidence treats these dimensions is. And the intention of the narrative running counter to the events that happen in it is... not new at all in here.

If a verse runs on a system where being higher dimensional does not make you higher tier, but as you are still operating higher dimensionally, that would still be higher dimensional range.

No. Range is largely based on tiers. If it doesn't count for 1-B AP I don't know why it would count for 1-B range.

@Lance That's not really what I am contesting. I'm more wondering if the assumption that being higher dimensional doesn't mean higher power is on by default, then would the range of a user outside of BFR usage still be called a smurf? If you want to make it more in line with what you said, then go back to my previous comment and swap out all the reference to a verse not working on higher dimensions = higher power, to the idea that the verse has not shown that higher dimensions = higher power due to lack of needed detail within the verse

Agnaa said:
If a verse runs on a system where being higher dimensional does not make you higher tier, but as you are still operating higher dimensionally, that would still be higher dimensional range.
No. Range is largely based on tiers. If it doesn't count for 1-B AP I don't know why it would count for 1-B range.
I see. That makes sense to me. What would we call their higher dimensional range then?

Ionliosite said:
Every single Digimon has 5D hax in virtue of their physiology of being neo-platonic emanations of their 5D true selves, and being able to attack DigiCores which are the embodiment of their mind and soul.
If you used the ReArise version of the Digimon, they don't have 5D Hax.

I'd personally go it doesn't, at all.

If you aren't higher dimensional in the sense required for a higher tier, we shouldn't assume it would reach said tier just by dimensionality. Your ability isn't interacting with dimensions that behave the way we expect them to to acquire higher tiers, after all.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
How potent is Shinobu's mindhax?
Army-wide. Other nations sent armies to try to take her down and they all killed themselves.

It could be argued to be closer to nation-wide in scale, but we don't get much of an idea on how large the nation is, and over how long she mindhaxed everyone in it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'd personally go it doesn't, at all.

If you aren't higher dimensional in the sense required for a higher tier, we shouldn't assume it would reach said tier just by dimensionality. Your ability isn't interacting with dimensions that behave the way we expect to to acquire higher tiers, after all.
To add onto this, the best it could get is some level of "undodgability" to your attacks, if they go through some eighth dimension your opponent can't perceive.

Wait, how is bleach the strongest 6-c?

Doesn't Mami simply outhax (could you also tell me which characters qualify for this spot?)

After reading that I actually thought it through and got an opinion, and talked about it with Ultima here and here and here and here, where I disagreed with the conclusion he gave earlier.

My thoughts are that we should change how we think about range on the fundamental level to more fit the new tiering system. This won't require many actual changes, but it would prevent 10-D feats that aren't valid for AP from being valid for range.

If you used the ReArise version of the Digimon, they don't have 5D Hax.

I know that, but most Digimon aren't really strong without their 5D hax.

Jarcus said:
May I know how Mami Tomoe scales that high? I am not too knowledgeable on the verse.
According to the profile...

• Because she has a calced High 7-C feat.
  • Because she one-shot someone far above 7-A in dura.
  • Because her attack power stat (which is apparently consistent enough for tiering) places her as equal to another magical girl with a 7-A feat.
I do remember there being issues with PMMM's scaling being brought up in the past but that thread never went anywhere.

Back