• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier 3

Agnaa said:
Also, Methuselah doesn't have a 3-B key.
Meth's profile:

At least Multi-Galaxy level, likely far higher (He embodies the mystery of all nights from the time of Mercurius to 1944, including his time loops, with their numbers being in the decillions at least. A single night's mystery is equivalent to the durability of half the planet). Regenerationn, conceptual existence, non-corporealness, and requiring destruction on a conceptual level makes him extremely hard to kill, especially given how he has resistance to all of these things such as the likes of the LDO, and even being able to briefly survive a direct hit by Reinhard's Longinuslanze Testament along with Machina's Briah being the only other ability that can truly harm and destroy him)

Oh that's just durability.

Did we seriously not include stone walls on the list already? I could've sworn we did.

Ionliosite said:
And Toda's High 3-A is just a technique.
Yeah, I never knew we disqualified characters for being stone walls. That seems real dumb.

Yeah, I never knew we disqualified characters for being stone walls.

We do? I don't see why being a stone walls disqualifies a character for the lower tier.

Ionliosite said:
We do? I don't see why being a stone walls disqualifies a character for the lower tier.
Oh my bad, I misunderstood what you were saying. Let me retract.

Putting Methuselah in 3-B shouldn't be done. We don't select characters for this list by durability, we do it by tier, and tier is based off of AP, not dura.

Ionliosite said:
I legit don't even want to mess with Meth since I don't get how he got tiered at all, but ok.
A somewhat low balled estimation of how much Dura he should have if one night has the same durability of half the world, while he has like... decillions of, which is 1 with 33 zeroes behind it.

And if the people you mentioned can mantain that AP no matter the source of said AP, they can be added back...? Like Agnaa said, we go by AP for tiers, not Dura, both stats don't need to match.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And if the people you mentioned can mantain that AP no matter the source of said AP, they can be added back...?
Can you explain this a little bit better? I don't get the question.

Meant to say, if the people you mentioned aren't like Thor who only has higher AP with a singular attack, adding them back, if they still deserve a spot, should be completely alright. We've never cared the source of the AP, only that the person is on that level.

I... don't completely get what you mean. And everyone I mentioned bar Meth is only said tier with a singular thing.

???

Ion, I really don't understand if we are even in the same wavelength. Toda has an ability that makes her attacks HIgh 3-A. All attacks, forever, until she or something else turns it off. That's it. She's effectively High 3-A, not High 3-A with a single move and everything else is 9-B in AP.

Kars is only 8-C with specific Stands and his own physical prowess isn't even in that level, Methuselah is only 3-B in Dura and we don't use that to asign tiers, so obviously they don't count. Hoopa has a transformation, so I am confused why this one was even removed. This weird rule is not even remotely defined and at the moment doesn't make a lick of sense.

Ionliosite said:
I... don't completely get what you mean. And everyone I mentioned bar Meth is only said tier with a singular thing.
Attack =/= thing, LSir was asking about attacks.

Most characters are only said tier for a singular thing.

If you meant to say attack, Giorno's not there for one attack, he's there for one summon with 2 forms which has many attacks.

Attack =/= thing, LSir was asking about attacks.

Most characters are only said tier for a singular thing.

If you meant to say attack, Giorno's not there for one attack, he's there for one summon with 2 forms which has many attacks.

That's the reason I said thing and not attack. Hoopa, Kars and Giorno have the tiers I mentioned via things.

To resume again, in short, Giorno can fight on that level since, even if he isn't that level, Golden Experience is and he uses to fight for him. This is not like Thor who is 4-C and only 4-B through Godblast or however it was called.

Actually... let me hear your thoughts, Agnaa. How do we use Kars in such a situation, since he has various stands and not all of them have the same AP? Giorno fights through GE anD GER, but Kars can fight without his Stands, so should he be usable for the tiers of his stands or only for his own physical tier?

Oh yeah, they moved those after some upgrades, I had forgotten. Is still an example of what I mean.

Hoopa doesn't use a thing, he literally transforms into his Unbound form. Giorno also attacks with "thing" that keeps a constant AP. Kars is the only weird case because he doesn't fight or use his stands like any normal Jojo character.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Hoopa doesn't use a thing, he literally transforms into his Unbound form.
No? He uses his rings to summon Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Latias. That's how he was among the strongest 6-B before.

Ahh, you meant the Low 6-B one.

How is this similar to Toda though? Is her own AP. The source doesn't matter. I thought you were saying these ones were using some weird technique to get AP they didn't normally have. Summons are another thing. Hoopa should by all means qualify for High 6-A at least though.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Ahh, you meant the Low 6-B one.
No, I don't. Hoopa was on the strongest 6-B since, despite beng physically High 6-A, he could summon both Latias (6-B) and Giratina (2-B), so that put him on the 6-B list.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Actually... let me hear your thoughts, Agnaa. How do we use Kars in such a situation, since he has various stands and not all of them have the same AP? Giorno fights through GE anD GER, but Kars can fight without his Stands, so should he be usable for the tiers of his stands or only for his own physical tier?
He should be usable for the tiers of his stands. But I also kinda feel like the stands that are weaker than he is physically shouldn't be listed on the profile itself - it feels like giving a tier 4 character a "9-C with a gun" tier, or giving any summoner a 10-C tier for being able to summon rats/insects. It's weaker than they are and isn't what they'd realistically use to dish out damage in a fight.

@Agnaa

Agreed. In general, if the person can control the beings they summon I feel they should usable in the summoned being's tier. Also agree about using something weaker than yourself.

Anyway,w hat do the others think? Should the source of the AP not matter at all if the character keeps that AP rather than only having it for specific attacks? And should characters be able to fit for a tier if they control something external that has the AP even if they themselves don't (like in the case of stands) unless the external means is weaker than them in AP, since it'd make no sense they'd use that to battle?

What does a "smurf" even mean for the Varies tier?

Hmmm. I can see it be if you have higher d stuff higher than what your maximum varies tier is. Or something like that.

Then the list would be nearly identical to the non-smurf thread, methinks.

Back