• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top-5 Strongest Non-Smurfs: Sakanashi vs Edo Itachi

Sakanashi bfrs as his starting move via his puppets which bfr on contact and can be manifested in numerous places making it impossible for Itachi to even evade it.

Probably Itachi doesn't even resist Sakanashi's passives that I see on the profile, but if he resists, Itachi can win with mind manipulation

Probably Itachi doesn't even resist Sakanashi's passives that I see on the profile, but if he resists, Itachi can win with mind manipulation
correct me if im wrong but can genjutsu work if theres something obstructing Itachi’s eyes?

Alright after doing some simple research of Itachi's own page, it says in his weaknesses "The same can be said for essentially all of the Sharingan's abilities; they are sight-based abilities, so if the opponent can obscure the user's vision using extremely thick mist/dust[19] or blind them, the Sharingan's abilities will be rendered ineffective."

Simply put, Sakanashi can block Itachi's view with his puppets and still sense and target Itachi without much effort.

I don't know why this is a contest. Except the mind manipulation + immortality and low-godly regen making itachi hard to kill, what can itachi do here exactly?
If sakanashi enters "unchained" then power nullification goes brr

I don't know why this is a contest. Except the mind manipulation + immortality and low-godly regen making itachi hard to kill, what can itachi do here exactly?
Well I was suggesting Sakanashi for the high 7-A spot Itachi has in a non smurf thread and someone argued with me and someone said to make a match so i did. Its really stompish though, the low godly gets negged from bfr and getting near a Kegare or being hit by punches would corrode Itachi. The genjutsu is almost irrelevant especially for Edo key.

Itachi can activate Susanoo and try to seal it too, but I'm not a supporter of Itachi so I'll wait for some supporter to show up

Itachi can activate Susanoo and try to seal it too, but I'm not a supporter of Itachi so I'll wait for some supporter to show up
Susanoo gets ignored via the puppets bfring parts of it, it'll be a waste for him to actually even use his susanoo.

I vote itachi because of his dodging skills and fire manipulation
How will he dodge numerous amounts of puppets all being summoned onto him and around him? And any fire gets bfred as well.

Well I was suggesting Sakanashi for the high 7-A spot Itachi has in a non smurf thread and someone argued with me and someone said to make a match so i did. Its really stompish though, the low godly gets negged from bfr and getting near a Kegare or being hit by punches would corrode Itachi. The genjutsu is almost irrelevant especially for Edo key.
Sakanashi doesn't need to hit him, his passive yin aura would K.O him eventually

Sakanashi bfrs as his starting move via his puppets which bfr on contact and can be manifested in numerous places making it impossible for Itachi to even evade it.
Substitution Jutsu and being able to Analytical predict their moves says no to this. Itachi will see them get close and simply substitute away. Clone spam is so common in Naruto and he's dealt with it before.
correct me if im wrong but can genjutsu work if theres something obstructing Itachi’s eyes?
Itachi has layered mind hax with non sharingan based genjutsu so even if this is true he still has wincons.
the low godly gets negged from bfr
Won't get it off before Itachi points at him and wins.
being hit by punches would corrode Itachi.
This does something to Low Godly why?
The genjutsu is almost irrelevant especially for Edo key.
Don't see why that's true.
It's all he really needs to win tho.
Is unchained a transformation or a key he has active from the start? Also are there any activation requirements for the null and how would it interact with chakra.
Susanoo gets ignored via the puppets bfring parts of it, it'll be a waste for him to actually even use his susanoo.
It buys him more time since they need to bypass the susanoo to reach him to BFR, allowing him to merely genjutsu the puppets before they touch him or just substitute away. He also has Shunshin amps to simply outspeed them.
How will he dodge numerous amounts of puppets all being summoned onto him and around him? And any fire gets bfred as well.
Speed amps, substitution, precoging their movements, etc. Clone spam is incredibly common in Naruto and Itachi is more then equipped to fight sever puppets/clones barraging him and can evade them with ease. He can also use exploding clones to damage them or maybe just mindhax them outright depending on their physiology before they contact him.
Sakanashi doesn't need to hit him, his passive yin aura would K.O him eventually
Can you go in depth on this. This eventually is huge since Itachi only needs to point to win and K.O is a bit weird since Inf stamina granted by Edo negs sleep inducement/KO inherently.

Currently leaning Itachi but could be swayed by some further elaboration by Saka supporters. I see no solid way for Saka to win before Itachi mind haxes him into oblivion and Itachi can keep the puppets at bay through multiple methods long enough to win.

Substitution Jutsu and being able to Analytical predict their moves says no to this. Itachi will see them get close and simply substitute away. Clone spam is so common in Naruto and he's dealt with it before.
How is he gonna predict something spawning on his head?

Is unchained a transformation or a key he has active from the start? Also are there any activation requirements for the null and how would it interact with chakra.
His body in Unchained itself nulls yin and yang energies.

It buys him more time since they need to bypass the susanoo to reach him to BFR, allowing him to merely genjutsu the puppets before they touch him or just substitute away. He also has Shunshin amps to simply outspeed them.
No they will spawn within the susanoo and around it, so its pointless, the puppets also aren't shown to be alive or even have brains to do so that's unknown.

Speed amps, substitution, precoging their movements, etc. Clone spam is incredibly common in Naruto and Itachi is more then equipped to fight sever puppets/clones barraging him and can evade them with ease. He can also use exploding clones to damage them or maybe just mindhax them outright depending on their physiology before they contact him.
Again the puppets will spawn onto Itachi and around him so everything you're saying gets countered by simply spawning on his head.

Can you go in depth on this. This eventually is huge since Itachi only needs to point to win and K.O is a bit weird since Inf stamina granted by Edo negs sleep inducement/KO inherently.
Edo's have to regain their chakra as shown by the Kages so at some point he will end up losing his chakra and won't be able to perform certain jutsus.

Currently leaning Itachi but could be swayed by some further elaboration by Saka supporters. I see no solid way for Saka to win before Itachi mind haxes him into oblivion and Itachi can keep the puppets at bay through multiple methods long enough to win.
He literally cannot do that, also Itachi in edo key normally does not do mind manip so I don't see why its relevant here at all but if you can find something to supports edo itachi doing so then ok.

Really hope this doesn't get dragged out, don't be stubborn about this, Sakanashi's puppets can and will be spawned right onto Itachi and his eyes can't see behind him and his analytical prediction can't help with something spawned on him lol.

Really hope this doesn't get dragged out, don't be stubborn about this, Sakanashi's puppets can and will be spawned right onto Itachi and his eyes can't see behind him and his analytical prediction can't help with something spawned on him lol.
This is a massive cope to say the very least. If you're just unwilling to debate say that.

Anyway, you're sole argument hinges on Sakanashi just spawning the puppets on Itachi, but even then that has problem. Itachi just substitues and genjutsu's before he can respond. He can just amp to avoid any puppets close to him too. Susanno will allow him more time to do so. It's as I stated earlier, Itachi only needs to look at or finger point to win and can simply amp or substitue away from the puppets.

The BFR appears to be a massive portal based on the scan, so I don't see why Itachi can't just amp away from the portal or substitute. Based on the scan in the profile. Can we have scans for Sakanashi instantly spawning puppets directly on a persons body (Which he needs to do before getting mind ******)? Because based on the profile, the puppets were still dodgeable and he didn't do that all.
He literally cannot do that
No argument for that.
also Itachi in edo key normally does not do mind manip so I don't see why its relevant here at all but if you can find something to supports edo itachi doing so then ok.
Please do not argue this at all lmao. Itachi had two fights as an edo, one where for the majority of it he was not in control of his actions and another with an immunity to his genjutsu. Itachi is the same person who spams genjustu without being controlled.

Itachi stomps speed unequal anyway through blitz + genjutsu so at best case scenario they share a spot on the thread. He wins or at the very least incons speed equal. So I vote Itachi.

This is a massive cope to say the very least. If you're just unwilling to debate say that.

Anyway, you're sole argument hinges on Sakanashi just spawning the puppets on Itachi, but even then that has problem. Itachi just substitues and genjutsu's before he can respond. He can just amp to avoid any puppets close to him too. Susanno will allow him more time to do so. It's as I stated earlier, Itachi only needs to look at or finger point to win and can simply amp or substitue away from the puppets.
Omg, I keep repeating myself, The puppets block Itachi from even being able to genjutsu him, he can't see his opponent he can't genjutsu them.
Susanoo gets bfred and gets bypassed by Sakanashi's spatial manipulation that can just twist Itachi's head or break his hands before he can even point.

The BFR appears to be a massive portal based on the scan, so I don't see why Itachi can't just amp away from the portal or substitute. Based on the scan in the profile. Can we have scans for Sakanashi instantly spawning puppets directly on a persons body (Which he needs to do before getting mind ******)? Because based on the profile, the puppets were still dodgeable and he didn't do that all.
Thats not the bfr lmao, the bfr are the puppets the big balls.

I'll say this once, Sakanashi can spawn numerous puppets trapping in Itachi and then simply spawning one onto him, if you read the scans Sakanashi's ability bypasses distance and defense to attack so dodging is literally impossible if he wants to actually kill you which he will then nothing stops him from spawning it onto him.

Please do not argue this at all lmao. Itachi had two fights as an edo, one where for the majority of it he was not in control of his actions and another with an immunity to his genjutsu. Itachi is the same person who spams genjustu without being controlled.
Entire argument is irrelevant anyway, puppets block Itachi's vision as I've said several times without you refuting.

And Im not unwilling to debate, the debate is just very one sided for Sakanashi here. It's like you're ignoring the scans I put on the page when they are very blatant abilities that Itachi cannot deal with such as getting his neck twisted around 😂

Sharingan works by reading muscle movements among others. He's not predicting something that spawns right on him.
Won't get it off before Itachi points at him and wins.
Thought based BFR vs pointing, i don't need to say which is faster.
This does something to Low Godly why?
The yin aura will incap him. The low-godly isn't active healing, it's just when they get destroyed. Not to mention getting corroded enough and even low tier kegare will possess him.
It's a transformation. Once active, any attempt to exorcise him using yin or yang aura gets nulled.
Their puppets in the sense that sakanashi creates and controls them, not something with a mind of it's own for itachi to genjutsu. Substitution might work but i don't see how he's amping away from something that spawns on him, void manipulates him to nothing. Again they spawn on him. Susano'o defense is meaningless.
Passive corrosion inducement, curse manipulation, density manipulation, possession

In one of the scans, there's literally him grinding someone's arm without any puppets being shown and the spatial manip is done through the puppets.

Don't equalize arima who's stated as a 1 in like 1 million genius, most gifted & strongest exorcist being able to avoid them to it being able to dodge them. Not to mention he's skilled in counter curse techniques too so avoiding them for him was possible

Wasn't the yin aura from suzu's song literally spawning kegare on high level exorcists or is that limited to suzu alone? Enough corrosion and he gets possessed either way
I classified it as transmutation, yin energy doesnt possess, the Kegare themselves do.

Don't equalize arima who's stated as a 1 in like 1 million genius, most gifted & strongest exorcist being able to avoid them to it being able to dodge them. Not to mention he's skilled in counter curse techniques too so avoiding them for him was possible
This honestly. Itachi can be argued similarly as being like 1 in his generation but still Arima is far more impressive from statements and feats overall.

I voted for Itachi too 😗

Omg, I keep repeating myself, The puppets block Itachi from even being able to genjutsu him, he can't see his opponent he can't genjutsu them.
He just blitzes away from them with Shunshin or Substitution and just genjutsus so surrounding him won't work. You didn't counter that. Also this strategy assumes he's gonna do everything to prevent his opponent looking at him for for no reason at all.
Susanoo gets bfred and gets bypassed by Sakanashi's spatial manipulation
This isn't what I was even trying to get at with Susanoo. You're not understanding my argument.
Susanno will allow him more time to do so.
Sakanashi's spatial manipulation that can just twist Itachi's head or break his hands before he can even point.
He's totally gonna do this against multiple blitz worthy amps and to specifically counter abilities he knows nothing about /s

This strategy isn't even effective given regen. At worst it goes like this
  • Sakanashi spatial manips itachi
  • Itachi blitzes with shunshin before Sakanashi can react
  • Itachi Genjutus
Thats not the bfr lmao, the bfr are the puppets the big balls.
Okay... only BFR listed on the page btw
I'll say this once, Sakanashi can spawn numerous puppets trapping in Itachi and then simply spawning one onto him, if you read the scans Sakanashi's ability bypasses distance and defense to attack so dodging is literally impossible if he wants to actually kill you which he will then nothing stops him from spawning it onto him.
He get's blitzed by shunshin before he can do any of this. I also don't see why he can do all of this before Itachi simply looks at him and SBA means they are staring at each other from the start.
Entire argument is irrelevant anyway, puppets block Itachi's vision as I've said several times without you refuting.
They all get blitzed by shunshin and then Itachi genjutsus. This is what I've been arguing to no counter. Don't get pissy about me not refuting you when you don't even understand my arguments.
Sharingan works by reading muscle movements among others. He's not predicting something that spawns right on him.
I meant the puppets that are spawned around him. They'll never get close due to Itachi being able to amp to blitz at FTE with shunshin or substitution.

Also no one has ever justified why he would ever do this at all, much less before Itachi simply genjustus via looking at him via SBA (Which would be thought based) or blitzes with shunshin 🤔
Thought based BFR vs pointing, i don't need to say which is faster.
Thought based puppets that have not been shown to be IC to spawn on contact with someone vs thought based blitz amps and sight based mindhax given SBA means they start in view of each other... also amaterasu spam which works for the same reason as the genjustusu.
The yin aura will incap him. The low-godly isn't active healing, it's just when they get destroyed. Not to mention getting corroded enough and even low tier kegare will possess him.
What the hell is "not active healing" even supposed to mean. Edo tensei have been shown regenerating from non complete destruction. Corrosion isn't doing squat to Low Godly and Imma need a reason corrosion or possession is gonna work with shunshin blitzing or Itachi's own thought based hax.
It's a transformation. Once active, any attempt to exorcise him using yin or yang aura gets nulled.
Cool. Itachi blitzes and genjutsu's or amaterasu dura negs before then 🥴
Their puppets in the sense that sakanashi creates and controls them, not something with a mind of it's own for itachi to genjutsu.
Okie dokie. He just amaterasu spams them and again just blitzes them with Shunshin
i don't see how he's amping away from something that spawns on him, void manipulates him to nothing. Again they spawn on him.
You haven't given any justification for
  • Why he'd do this at the first place. Most i've seen is him summoning it behind someone and that person was sitll able to dodge. Much less someone with precog and blitz worthy amps
  • Why this gets off before amaterasu and genjutsu, which by SBA are both thought based
  • Shunshin blitzing makes it so Sakanashi doesn't know where to place it. No counter has been presented.
Susano'o defense is meaningless.
They'd still need to bypass the susanno to reach him if he summons it behind him like in the scan. This gives Itachi more time to simply dodge or amaterasu them.
Passive corrosion inducement, curse manipulation, density manipulation, possession
Coolio.... what do the curses do. Corrosion and density (depending on how it works) are useless due to low godly, possession is countered by blitzing. Itachi wins before these even get off anyhow.
In one of the scans, there's literally him grinding someone's arm without any puppets being shown and the spatial manip is done through the puppets.
This isn't what i'm arguing about. Good luck spatial maniping someone who can blitz you faster than you can see due to amps and can regen all the effects of it quickly. Itachi can genjutsu just as fast.
I don't care to debate skill at all. All that I was arguing is that it shows he doesn't spawn it on someones body like you claimed, but rater behind them in a way they can dodge and again, these puppets aren't touching someone who can blitz them with amps, substitute away from them touching him, precog their moves and one shot them through fire dura neg.

My vote for Itachi remains. The arguments for Sakanashi assume things that have not been proven and have been adequatley countered. All in all, there is no reason to assume that Sakanashi can summon an army of puppets before Itachi genjutus, blitzes with shunshin, substitutes, or burns him alive with amaterasu. Itachi can also reasonably counter sakanashi when sakanashi cannot do the same. Itachi FRA.

I meant the puppets that are spawned around him. They'll never get close due to Itachi being able to amp to blitz at FTE with shunshin or substitution.

Also no one has ever justified why he would ever do this at all, much less before Itachi simply genjustus via looking at him via SBA (Which would be thought based) or blitzes with shunshin 🤔
Itachi blitzing with shunshin is OoC for one, again the puppets are spawned on him and anything they touch gets void maniped to nothing.
Thought based puppets that have not been shown to be IC to spawn on contact with someone vs thought based blitz amps and sight based mindhax given SBA means they start in view of each other... also amaterasu spam which works for the same reason as the genjustusu.
I already explained previously that they spwan on the opponent in character. You see sakanashi twist someone's arm with spatial manipulation, the spatial manipulation is only done through the puppets, the fact no puppets were shown is evidence the thing spawned on him.
I don't remember amaterasu interacting with incorporeal things on the level of kegare's.
What the hell is "not active healing" even supposed to mean. Edo tensei have been shown regenerating from non complete destruction. Corrosion isn't doing squat to Low Godly and Imma need a reason corrosion or possession is gonna work with shunshin blitzing or Itachi's own thought based hax.
It means the low-godly isn't negating the corrosion either by healing or purifying. It just reconstructs their bodies when destroyed so he still gets incapped by the yin aura.

Rokuro and mayura who normally resist couldn't even move after they were exposed to it, they would've died if they stayed more than 5mins. Hours later rokuro wakes up in a hospital. Itachi is getting incapped.
You haven't given any justification for
  • Why he'd do this at the first place. Most i've seen is him summoning it behind someone and that person was sitll able to dodge. Much less someone with precog and blitz worthy amps
  • Why this gets off before amaterasu and genjutsu, which by SBA are both thought based
  • Shunshin blitzing makes it so Sakanashi doesn't know where to place it
  • Already shown why it spawns on the target. The person you're using as an example to show they can be dodged/ don't spawn on a target is stated to be a genius of 1 in 1/10 million people every 1000yrs. Is the most skilled, strongest exorcist in history excluding those with special circumstances. Not only that, he's capable of using "counter curse" techniques which can be used to escape/ null curses+ he resists spatial manipulation by scaling above rokuro. You can't use arima's showings to conclude it doesn't spawn on the target/ it can be dodged.
  • Both the amaterasu and strongest genjutsu require amassing chakra in the eye before being used. Normal genjutsu gets blocked by sakanashi's yin aura that scales above at least 8 people who scale above several others who scale above several fodder. of course his would be faster.
  • Except shunshin blitzing is OoC for itachi+ passive density manipulation that immobilizes those who are comparable to him+ have resistance nulls any possibility of a blitz.
They'd still need to bypass the susanno to reach him if he summons it behind him like in the scan. This gives Itachi more time
Coolio.... what do the curses do. Corrosion and density (depending on how it works) are useless due to low godly, possession is countered by blitzing. Itachi wins before these even get off anyhow.
No it's meaningless cause it doesn't stop them from spawning inside it.

Density manip that makes those with resistance unable to move, death manip, corrosion that can reduce a person's body to ash.
This isn't what i'm arguing about. Good luck spatial maniping someone who can blitz you faster than you can see due to amps and can regen all the effects of it quickly. Itachi can genjutsu just as fast.
Once again it spawns on the target as seen where he twists arata's arm, density manip erases all chances of a blitz, the regen doesn't actively counter adverse effects, it's only when they're destroyed.
Tsukuyomi requires charge up time which sakanashi can sense happening.
I don't care to debate skill at all. All that I was arguing is that it shows he doesn't spawn it on someones body like you claimed, but rater behind them in a way they can dodge and again, these puppets aren't touching someone who can blitz them with amps, substitute away from them touching him, precog their moves and one shot them through fire dura neg.
I'm not debating skill, I'm saying arima who is that skilled avoiding it doesn't mean it doesn't spawn on them. How did sakanashi twist the other guy's arm then? Amps are useless cause of density, sakanashi still has layered stat amps, power null through unchained which is in character for him to use against those relative to him.
It's not precog either, it's analytical prediction based on the slightest movements which sakanashi doesn't need.

Can you show me how these abilities look?
0107-008.png

Here Sakanashi is able to put them in front of him,
0107-012.png

Here again he uses them to block Rokuro but it doesnt work since Rokuro resist it.

0064-004.png

Here we see Sakanshi can spawn them directly behind you but he only does this to not kill Arima
0064-011.png

Here we see Sakanashi completely cover his body with them which is easily something he can do to block any of itachi's attacks

And the main reason as to why we don't see Sakanashi just spawn them right onto Arima isn't because he can't as we know by Sakanashi, physical defense and distance are meaningless to the ability, he simply just didn't want to kill Arima and instead wanted to show Arima his unchained state as a kinda flex on the exorcists.

I've also measured the size of the puppet that he spawned behind arima and it is 4m big which I dont need to explain how easy that is for blocking one's view

Well Sakanashi can spawn the puppets then control space however he wants it seems. which regardless would still allow him to spatial manip
Which is my point. There ate no puppets in that panel + he needs the puppets to spatial manip= he sapwns it on them

Which is my point. There ate no puppets in that panel + he needs the puppets to spatial manip= he sapwns it on them
Oh yeah, though it seems the puppets allowed him to twist Arata's arm since we see
0097-019.png

0097-021.png

So while the puppets dont need to touch him they would need to be spawned and then spatial manip can happen.

Back