• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier Part 7

Yeah, but Fukurou Tsurubami, Medaka Kurokami, and Iihiko are who I would call the 3 biggest players in Medaka Box (that we are allowed to use in VS threads). I would honestly have them all tied up there because they form a rock paper scissors type deal. This is of course ignoring The Hero because with that they both shit on the good doctor

Professor Tsurubami's styles force recognition and let him survive Iihiko's attacks (unless Iihiko gets too hype), so he takes Iihiko

Medaka has war God mode which shuts out reciprocation, there by hard countering styles unless the good doctor just seals from the start

Iihiko takes Medaka because of exactly what happened in the story

Replaced Bloody Touching Monster in High 8-C.

If Medaka gets downgraded in AP she won't be eligible for the 5-C tier. I'll make the changes once either side gets more support

I was thinking of making a downgrade thread for that (and for the city block stuff too) at some point. Wanted to finish some other stuff first

Well, that's not really relevant to the thread then. Once the upgrades happen, it'll likely be safe to push Medaka up.

Doesn't 5-C come from destroying the moon offscreen in an unknown timeframe?

If that's the case, then I honestly question the 5-C rating.

InfiniteSped said:
I was thinking of making a downgrade thread for that (and for the city block stuff too) at some point. Wanted to finish some other stuff first
The city block stuff is currently pending on a different threat atm actually. That will go away on its own

YungManzi said:
Doesn't 5-C come from destroying the moon offscreen in an unknown timeframe?
If that's the case, then I honestly question the 5-C rating.
It's not only that. Medaka stated she would survive the moon crashing into the planet, and Iihiko is capable of harming her, and she is also able to tank her own attacks

Yeah, but that's only if you assume that the moon is falling directly on top of her and all of the energy isn't spread out through the rest of the moon and only concetrated in the very small area which Medaka happens to be in. (At least I think that's how it works. I've always been trash when it comes to physics).

Atropus isn't there so much for directly beating other 5-Cs, but because it canonically kills 2-As.

Wokistan said:
Atropus isn't there so much for directly beating other 5-Cs, but because it canonically kills 2-As.
Tbf that's the reason the God killer from shield hero didn't get the spot cus he's good against really specific low 2cs

"Gods" isn't super specific though. It's also really difficult to actually kill.

Wokistan said:
"Gods" isn't super specific though. It's also really difficult to actually kill.
Same for the 10c dude who can 1 shot gods. Still didn't get the spot.

Most gods are self proclaimed rather than actual gods either way.

The 10-C guy doesn't seem to have immortality based on an entire plane, nor does it have D&D tier resistances

@Firephoenixearl

Actually he's good against "gods". So if a character is considered to be a god, he gets Low 2-C/2-C abilities.

Wokistan said:
and because it has Type 8 based on an entire universe with enough energy in it to wipe out the entirety of the multiverse's life, and passive creation of haxy High 6-As, etc etc

Firephoenixearl said:
Iihiko can negate regen.
Again. Type 8. Based on a universe. Atropus can't die until the Plane of Negative Energy is negated. This plane requires the end of all life in the multiverse.

Atropus resists practically all hax. Standard D&D resistances and all. And... to be clear, it isn't healing so much as healing in reverse. Necrotic energy keeps the target undead rather than alive. Healing powers would actually harm him. Not much, since, planet, and stuff, but still.

Iihiko can ignore and nullify powers that heavily resist power nullification. I'm not exactly sure how him being undead or being hurt by healing would let him not be effected by irreversible destruction. Even someone who can make it so they were never damaged to begin with cannot restore the damage that Iihiko deals

Atropus can nullify 2-A gods if we're just saying their stuff.

Atropus' Type 8 is 4-D in the sense that it is literally a universe. A full universe full of negative energy. His resistances are biggum.

Cool, but I'm pretty sure that Iihiko's abilities are similar to styles in that they are not proper powers to begin with. How does his power null work?

That probably won't save him, especially since 4D restoration that made it so they were never damaged to begin with couldn't restore the damage he deals

Isn't relevant unless your given character has some comparability to a god. Malefic properties in D&D are 2-A Power Null against anything godly. Godhood is achieved through various means- being worshipped, possessing divine power, etc. I'm not really relying on the power null. It's just a potent situational ability.

Elaborate? How would a universe funneling necrotic energy into him not save him? To be clear, this is all ignoring Atropus' own abilities, including spawning fucktons of Atropals all over it to attack its enemies.

Ah, I see. Nah, Iihiko isn't a god, but a legendary hero

That which Iihiko damages cannot be restored. He breaks someone's arm, and that arm will never be usable again. Stamina exhausted against him will not come back even by natural means. Someone he renders unconcious cannot wake up. Attacks he break are no longer usable, and if they can even do that then they are far weaker. If he breaks down a building, you cannot rebuild it. Funnelling energy probably won't save him either, since even making it so someone was never damaged to begin with did not restore the damage he delt. Unless those extra dudes have some ability that forces recognition, he probably just ignores them

Like I said. It was never a point, you just brought up power null (Atropus resists just fine) so I figured I would, too.

Cool. Atropus just Type 8s via a universe and has an army of undead baby gods kill.

Back