• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier Part 12

Yeah, he's basically one of those "my powers let me do whatever I can think of" types of probability manipulators, and he's very capable of applying his powers in combat. So I don't see Pucci doing terribly well against him without considerable preparations beforehand.

He's far from the most powerful or dangerous probability user in his setting, but outside of it, he's pretty much a guaranteed win against people who don't either have probability hax of their own or a means of resisting/stopping his powers.

Although if Shinobu's...thing flatout prevents the other person from doing anything while they're being forced to kneel, then I guess that beats him out.

Well they can stand up after the instinctive kneeling, but looking at her would mind manip Billy into killing himself.

@Agnaa I haven't spontaneously developed an idea on the stalemate thing

Has that guy's "Supernatural Luck" actually passively incapped someone before, and/or protected him from an outside party trying to use probability manipulation on him? I can't tell as much from the profile, and the closest to the latter that I can see is the bit about someone with a similar thing to him having all her weapons break when she used them. (The Jonah doesn't use weapons at all.)

As far as probability manipulation goes... The Quantum Ma is pretty up there. Can chose anything that is possible according to physics (including stuff like a normal guy grabbing a table and headbutting it until they die), and is on a temporal line where as long as there is any possibility of him surviving... he does (he literally lives until the heat death of the universe).

Plus, you know, Acausuality type 3, time travel and immortality type 9 kind of rekt most people regardless.

...That guy is probably crapping on the Jonah, then. Their probability hax actually seems semi-even, but Jonah actually surviving it being used on him is another story.

For the current 10-Bs tough...

Pucci: As a quantum immortal, Jonathan is a sentient quantum field more than a human, so there is a chance of him just being sped up too. Regardless of that, Pucci accidentally falls and breaks his neck.

Karou Nagase: Jonny chooses a timeline where she either wasn't born, or one where she simply gives up, or one where she keeps endlessly smashing her head against a nearby tree endlessly.

Yurika: Johnny is constantly absorbing and living through the lives of an infinite amount of his alternate versions, so that fits her weakness of "does not have a constant level of intellect" as described by her profile. Plus... his metaphysical mind is in a higher dimension, so unless she does her sthich with biological brains... yeah.

Hinata Himezuru: Unless they, like, talk it out Jonathan isn't touching that.

Molecule Man: High 1-B. Plus, this guy can just leave the dimension whenever, so I doubt that'll help at all against him.

So... I'd say he gets 3rd? Need I make a match?

so what are the conclusions for 10-B

I'd like a match if possible but it seems the consensus is Quantum Man takes 3rd, what about the others

With speed equal, Pucci pretty much loses to all of the new characters mentioned, and they all seem to have powers that just as oddball as his are, if not moreso. I'd say someone else should take his place as far as an equalized scenario goes.

I still haven't gotten an answer about Mamoru's passive probability actually incapping anyone without him doing anything first, so that's still in dispute. I think Quantum Man probably beats both him and the Jonah, though.

I don't know enough about Kaoru to say for certain, but considering her abilities aren't probability-based, they'd probably lose out to Mamoru's.

Shinobu and Mamoru...seem like a really confusing pairing, matchup-wise.

The Jonah loses to Shinobu, and might lose to Kaoru if she starts with anything non-fatal instead of just killing him (he could easily just use his probability manipulation to find the "one in a million chance" whatever nonlethal thing she did failed to work), but I'm almost positive he destroys Pucci badly.

With all that said, none of these above-mentioned people are taking on the current Top 2 and living to brag about it.

So Quantum Man in 3rd, from what I gather Pucci would be like... what, 5th place, unequalized?

I'll let you people figure out the others for now.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Has that guy's "Supernatural Luck" actually passively incapped someone before, and/or protected him from an outside party trying to use probability manipulation on him? I can't tell as much from the profile, and the closest to the latter that I can see is the bit about someone with a similar thing to him having all her weapons break when she used them. (The Jonah doesn't use weapons at all.)
He and Kare have the exact same ability with two different names.

In the battle his and Karens abilities basically negated direct influence on each other, so that's a yes for protecting from other probability manipulators.

For the incap... he has never shown to incap someone, but neither has he the opposite. He and Karen got their abilities at the same time and their fight was the last in the novel.

Since the White Girl (who would be something like the source of their powers) killed the rest of Karens organization before Mamoru gets to them we don't even see that.

Still we know they are powerful enough that human combat is meaningless, we know they can cause accidents like making someone randomly break through the ground and we know it can passively rewrite the past if it's necessary to reach the goals. So he should be perfectly capable of winning fights on luck alone. He has infinite success after all.

The reason I ask if his probability stuff protects him or completely incaps the opponent is because The Jonah can use entropy magic to make things that are normally impossible happen to as many as a dozen beings at once.

A prime example of him doing just that:

I'd never been able to face the Harrowing, only run from them. My very own pursuing demons. The first of the Harrowing grabbed one edge of our barricading table with a puffy corpse-pale hand and threw it aside as though it were nothing. Dead Boy braced himself, and I pushed Rossignol behind me, sheltering her with my body. And then all the Harrowing stopped and turned their featureless faces, as though listening to something only they could hear. They started to shake and shudder, and then one by one they fell apart into rot and slime, slumping shapelessly to the floor. One moment a dozen menacing figures were closing in on us, and the next there was nothing but thick puddles of reeking ooze, spreading slowly. Dead Boy and I looked at each other, and then we both glared round sharply at the sound of soft, mocking laughter. And there, standing on the stage at the end of the room was Billy Lathem, the Jonah, in his smart, smart suit. He looked very pleased with himself. Standing on either side of him in their undertakers' clothes were Mr. and Mrs. Cavendish.

"I told you, John," said the Jonah. "I am far more powerful than you ever realised. I am entropy, the end of all things, and not even sendings like those ugly bastards can stand against me. Now, you have something that doesn't belong to you. And I have come to repossess it."
~ Nightingale's Lament​
And for some much-needed clarification on what the Harrowing are, they're "constructs" that John and a few others have difficulty affecting because, among other reasons, they just aren't real in the normal sense and nothing "real" affects them properly unless it's absolutely ridiculously powerful.

"Would I be right in thinking events have just taken a distinct turn for the worse?"

"Oh yes," I said. "They're the Harrowing. The hounds my enemies send after me. You can't hurt or kill them because they're not real. Just constructs. And there's nothing you or I can do to stop them."

"How do you normally deal with them?" said Rossignol.

"I run like hell. I've spent a lot of my life running from the Harrowing." I raised my gift again, desperately trying to find a way out, but there wasn't one. There was no exit close enough to reach, and the overturned table wouldn't slow them down for a second. The dozen vicious figures moved towards us, relentless as cancer, implacable as destiny.
~ Nightingale's Lament​
Why can't someone as ridiculous as John Taylor affect these guys? Well...actually, that's probably major PIS considering all of the things John does with his powers in later books, but anyway...

Even if you take them as just being "not-real constructs" and ignore John's apparent inability to affect them (I honestly would, since it causes a few logical problems otherwise), that still makes them fairly ridiculous to deal with no matter what your powers are, and Billy caused twelve of them to just melt into rotting slime out of nowhere. So my new question is, what exactly are the highest extents of Karen and Mamoru's powers? Because protecting against each other is nice and all, but if the potency of their stuff doesn't compare to the Jonah, and he's not left completely and utterly incapacitated right out of the gate, he's going to blink his eyes or wave his hand in a short gesture and all of that luck isn't going to matter anymore.

Their luck is on the level of them winning as long as the probability is not completly 0. In reverse it has to be possible for them to make it happen.

So if Jonah can make things that are confirmed to have a 0% chance of happening possible, he has the stronger probability manipulation.

The "and he's not left completely and utterly incapacitated right out of the gate" is the crucial point, tough. If it's necessary for them to succeed their passive luck will change the past.

So if Mamoru can't win in direct combat, then the past would have been modified so that he never got into that situation.

Jonah might have the bigger gun, but Mamoru shoots first.

Btw. something that strikes me as odd about Jonah's profile: If he has Peak Human Physical Characteristics, wouldn't he be 10-A?

Peak human would be 9-C

That...was probably a mistype on my part while I was making his sandbox some time ago. He doesn't have peak human characteristics, not from anything he's shown himself.

The strongest irl humans also have some class 5 lifting strength feats, so yeah kinda impossible to make everything mstch up 1-1 (though that id backlifting)

Suggesting Caster (Merlin) for the 5th strongest 7-A? Has Magecraft and a sword 2 tiers above him, can hax Low 2-Cs, and also has Low 1-C Type 9.

Setsuna tenma said:
Ryouga Akizuki for 3rd High 3A.He already stomped sauro
This guy seems to have some really strong offensive stuff, but what're his defenses?

If he doesn't have any good ways to survive hax, then he literally has to 100% start with his strong options right away, or quite a few of the characters in High 3-A waste him.

Also, I get the impression he has 4-D powers, but is he physically 3-D, or is he a "limited 4-D" character entirely that shouldn't be a thing in High 3-A, but whatever?

Not sure about the others, but I think Darkseid and Nil can't really kill the quantum man's 2-C key. He can't really kill Nil either, but I'm pretty sure he could just absorb Darkseid.

This guy seems to have some really strong offensive stuff, but what're his defenses?

If he doesn't have any good ways to survive hax, then he literally has to 100% start with his strong options right away, or quite a few of the characters in High 3-A waste him.

Also, I get the impression he has 4-D powers, but is he physically 3-D, or is he a "limited 4-D" character entirely that shouldn't be a thing in High 3-A, but whatever?

Well he has 4D probability hax from his profile so thats good defence.He is 3D with 4D hax

I mean, probability hax its by default 6D hax, although it may vary depending of the theory.

> all probability hax is 6-D

whot

According to the m-theory probability start in and that point, like, you are taxi driver in one timeline, or a chef in other, that Steven Hawking type of nonesense. Is one of the powers that is truly affected by dimensionality.

I know what your saying. I seen videos in it, and this would also be linked to fate hax bring upgraded to low 1-C levels.

But imo I disagree with it unless M-theory becomes the standard used for dimensionality <11

I don't think all probability manipulation should be 6-D.

Setsuna tenma said:
Well he has 4D probability hax from his profile so thats good defence.He is 3D with 4D hax
Does that protect him from harm, though?
If he's 3-D with 4-D hax, then he needs protection if he wants to win (or at the very least "not incon") against someone like Lady Death or Sauron, both of whom have numerous ways to hax down a 3-D character if they aren't protected by something.

And before someone says it, I've already read through this guy's match VS Sauron. I'm saying this now because from what I can tell, everyone focused on this character's offense and not "what does he have that stops him from dying at the same time or beforehand?", the latter of which is something that should have been brought up and just...wasn't, for some reason.

Back